Names in the news.
* Jerry M. de St. Paer (New York City Chapter) joined American International Group Inc. (AIG) in New York City, as Senior Vice President, Finance. AIG is an international insurance and financial services organization serving commercial, institutional and individual customers.
* John D. (Danny) Gibbons (San Antonio Chapter) was appointed Senior Vice President and CFO of W & T Offshore Inc., in Houston. W & T Offshore is an independent oil and natural gas company focused primarily on the Gulf of Mexico.
* Glenn Goelz (Silicon Valley Chapter) was appointed CFO of Cast Iron Systems in Mountain View, Calif. Cast Iron Systems is an integration appliance vendor.
Robert Jackowitz has joined Pine Brook Road Partners, a New York-based private equity firm specializing in energy and financial services.
* Ed Kuhl (Northern Florida Chapter) was promoted to Executive Vice President and CFO of The Main Street America Group in Jacksonville, Fla. Main Street America operates four property and casualty insurance carriers and has been providing property and casualty insurance products, programs and services to individuals, families and small businesses since 1923.
* Connie McDaniel, CPA (Atlanta Chapter), was appointed Vice President, Global Finance Transformation, a newly-created position, at The Coca-Cola Company. She was previously Vice President and Controller. Coca-Cola is the world's largest beverage company. McDaniel had served on FEI's Committee on Corporate Reporting (CCR).
* Alfred R. Novas (Southern Florida Chapter) was elected Co-President and CFO of Whitney Information Network Inc., a post-secondary education, publicly traded company in Cape Coral, Fla.
* Larry Piano (Fort Wayne Chapter), has formed and is President of Axis Consulting Group, LLC. Axis will provide business consulting and interim CFO/Controller services to clients in the northeast Indiana region. Piano is Chair of FEI's Ethics & Eligibility Committee and serves on the Editorial Advisory Board of Financial Executive magazine.
Terri A. Pizzuto has been promoted to Executive Vice President, CFO and Treasurer of Hub Group, a Downers Grove, Ill., freight transportation management company.
* Eric S. Rangen (Twin Cities Chapter) was named Senior Vice President and Chief Accounting Officer of UnitedHealth Group Inc., in Minneapolis. UnitedHealth is a major healthcare company.
* Lawrence Taylor, CPA (Dallas Chapter), was named CFO of Manchester Inc. in Dallas. Manchester is seeking to create the preeminent company in the "Buy-Here/Pay-Here" auto business. Its dealerships sell and finance used cars to individuals with limited credit histories or past credit problems.
John P. Viliesis was appointed CFO of GlobalWare Solutions in Haverhill, Mass. GWS is a full-service provider of supply chain management solutions with operations in North America, Europe and Asia.
* Kenneth T. Uemura (Hawaii Chapter) was named Vice President and CFO of Hawaii Pacific University in Honolulu. Uemura also serves on the finance and investment committee for Aloha United Way.
* David N.T. Watson (Southern Florida Chapter) was named CFO of Radiation Therapy Services Inc., in Fort Myers, Fla. Radiation Therapy Services operates radiation treatment centers, primarily under the name 21st Century Oncology, that provide services to cancer patients in 77 treatment centers in 16 states.
* Torben Wetche (Atlanta Chapter) was named Vice President and CFO of Performance Fibers Inc., in Richmond, Va. Performance Fibers, a global supplier of high-tenacity polyester fibers, engineered fabrics, sewing thread fibers and advanced materials, is an affiliate of Sun Capital Partners.
* denotes FEI member