Names in the news.
You are invited to contribute news about career moves and changes. Email Executive Editor Ellen M. Heffes, email@example.com.
* GEORGE ANNEN (Cincinnati Chapter) joined Cognis Corp., in Cincinnati, as CFO. Cognis is a specialty chemical company headquartered in Monhei, Germany, and owned by private equity funds advised by Goldman Sachs and Permira.
* DENNIS R. BERESFORD, CPA (Atlanta Chapter), was named Chairman of the Audit Committee for mortgage giant Fannie Mae. Beresford is Ernst & Young Professor of Accounting in the Terry College of Business at the J.M. Tull School of Accounting of the University of Georgia. He is a former two-term Chairman of the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB).
* KELLEY ELLIS (Iowa Chapter) was hired as CFO for The Greater Des Moines Partnership, in Des Moines, Iowa. The Greater Des Moines Partnership is the economic and community development organization serving greater Des Moines.
* JAMES FROISLAND (Chicago Chapter) was appointed Senior Vice President, CFO, CIO and Corporate Secretary for Material Sciences Corp. Material Sciences is a provider of material-based solutions for acoustical and coated metal applications.
* BRIAN HAYDEN (Fox-Rock Chapter) was appointed CFO and Treasurer of Savient Pharmaceuticals Inc., a drug-maker in East Brunswick, N.J.
* DALE KEARNS (Calgary Chapter) joined Chartwell Technology Inc. as Chief Operating and Financial Officer. Chart-well, of Calgary, Alberta, specializes in the development of leading-edge gaming applications and entertainment content for the Internet and wireless platforms and other remote-access devices.
* MICHAEL KENNEDY (New York City Chapter) joined Marakon Associates in New York as CFO and Partner. Marakon is an international management consulting firm that works with senior executives of large companies on issues that drive corporate performance and long-term value.
* LISBETH R. MCNABB (Dallas Chapter) was elected to serve on the Board of Directors for Nexstar Broadcasting Group Inc., and will serve on the Audit Committee. McNabb is CFO of Dallas-based Match.com.
* PATRICK J. OTTENSMEYER (Chicago Chapter) was named Executive Vice President and CFO of Kansas City Southern (KCS). Headquartered in Kansas City, Mo., KCS is a transportation holding company; its primary U.S. holding is The Kansas City Southern Railway Co.
* KEVIN J. PURCELL (Central Pennsylvania Chapter) was named Vice President and CFO of Herley Industries Inc. Herley, of Lancaster, Pa., designs, develops and manufactures microwave technology solutions for the defense, aerospace and medical industries worldwide.
* STEVEN RUSSELL (Atlanta Chapter) was appointed CFO of Pathfire Inc., Atlanta, a provider of digital media-management and distribution solutions for the broadcast, media and entertainment industries.
* STEFAN L. WENGER (Colorado Chapter) was promoted to CFO of Royal Gold Inc. Based in Denver, Royal Gold is a precious metals royalty company engaging in the acquisition and management of precious metals royalty interests.
* denotes FEI member
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Sep 1, 2006|
|Next Article:||David B. Braden.|