Names in the news.
You are invited to contribute news about career moves and changes. Email Executive Editor Ellen M. Heffes, firstname.lastname@example.org.
* GEORGE E. ALDRICH, CPA (Houston Chapter), was appointed Vice President--Controller and Chief Accounting Officer of Southern Union Co., a Scranton, Pa., company that is engaged primarily in the transportation, storage and distribution of natural gas.
* PETER DARBEE (San Francisco Bay Area Chapter) was elected Chairman of the Board for both PG & E Corp. and Pacific Gas and Electric Co. Darbee is President and CEO of PG & E Corp. in San Francisco.
* STERLING EDDY CMA, FCMA, FCMC (Calgary Chapter), has been named a Director of Western Management Consultants (WMC) in Calgary. WMC assists clients in strategy, governance/ethics, organizational transformation and business improvement.
* STEVE GORDON, CPA (Washington State Chapter), was appointed CFO of Trumba Corp. Trumba connects people and communities through a communication-based calendar.
* RUSSELL LAU (Hawaii Chapter) has been elected Director of The Federal Home Loan Bank of Seattle. Lau is Vice Chairman and CEO of Finance Factors Ltd. in Honolulu.
* GLEN LEBLANC (Atlantic Provinces Chapter) was appointed Senior Vice President and CFO of Aliant Inc., of Saint John, New Brunswick. Aliant delivers a wide variety of innovative and traditional communications services to more than 2 million consumers and over 80,000 enterprises.
* MARC LOUPE, CPA (Silicon Valley Chapter), has joined Computer Associates International Inc as Senior Vice President and Head of Internal Audit. CA is a global management software company.
* FRANCIS "BUZZ" RABORN (District of Columbia Chapter) was appointed to the Board of Directors of Proxy Aviation Systems Inc. He was formerly CFO of United Defense Industries (UDI), which is now part of BAE Systems.
* FRANK A. RISCH (Dallas Chapter) was appointed to the Board of Directors of Pioneer Natural Resources Co. He retired last year as Vice President and Treasurer of Exxon Mobil Corp.
* LARRY W. SEAY, CPA (Arizona Chapter), CFO of Meritage Homes Corp., was given the additional title of Executive Vice President. Meritage, of Scottsdale, Ariz., is one of the nation's largest single-family homebuilders.
* DALE TREMBLAY (Calgary Chapter) was appointed President and COO of Saxon Energy Services Inc., an international land-based drilling and well-servicing contractor headquartered in Calgary, Alberta.
* JOHN C. WILSON, CPA (San Diego Chapter), has joined i2Telecom International Inc., of Atlanta, in the role of CFO and Executive Vice President. i2Telecom is a telecommunications service provider employing next-generation Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) technology.
* denotes FEI member