Names in the news.
You are invited to contribute news about career moves and changes. Email Managing Editor Ellen M. Heffes, email@example.com.
* DENNIS R. BERESFORD (Atlanta Chapter) was inducted into the 2004 Accounting Hall of Fame, located at the Fisher College of Business of Ohio State University. Beresford is the E & Y Executive Professor at the University of Georgia, and the longest-serving chairman of the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB), having served two consecutive terms from January 1987 to June 1997.
* LORIN CHEVALIER, CPA (San Diego Chapter), has joined American Specialty Health (ASH) as CFO and Treasurer. ASH is a San Diego specialty-benefits organization for complementary healthcare.
* JAMES F. FLYNN, CPA (Connecticut/Westchester Chapter), was promoted to Senior Vice President, Finance and Administration, of King Kullen Grocery Co. Inc., Bethpage, N.Y., a Long Island-based supermarket chain.
GAIL E. LATAILLE, CPA, was named Vice President and Controller of The Savings Bank Life Insurance Co. of Glastonbury, Conn.
* ROBERT E. MUNZENRIDER, CPA (Twin Cities Chapter), was named to the Board of Directors of Viad Corp. in Pheonix. Munzerider, who is retired, was President of Harmon AutoGlass.
* LIONEL L. NOWELL 3RD, CPA (New York City Chapter), was elected to the Board of Directors of American Electric Power in Columbus, Ohio. Nowell is Senior Vice President and Treasurer of PepsiCo Inc. in Purchase, N.Y.
* KAREN R. OSAR (New York City Chapter) was named Executive Vice President and CFO of Crompton Corp., Middlebury, Conn., a specialty chemicals and polymer-products producer.
* MICHAEL PAULL (Boston Chapter) has joined Ogenix Corp. in Cleveland as CFO. Ogenix is a medical-device company specializing in regenerative wound care.
* DAVID SAMUELS (Washington, D.C., Chapter) was named Vice President of Finance and Corporate Controller for GTSI Inc., an IT-services company headquarted in Chantilly, Va.
* JAMES WILLIAMS, CPA, Ph.D. (Western Michigan Chapter), was named Dean of the Seidman College of Business at Grand Valley State University in Grand Rapids, Mich.
* JOHN WILLIAMS (Richmond Chapter) was named Executive Vice President and CFO of Specialty Foods Group, a Newport News, Va.-based independent producer and marketer of premium-branded and private-label processed meat products, traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
* denotes FEI member
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||Financial Executives Institute|
|Date:||Oct 1, 2004|
|Previous Article:||Save the date!|
|Next Article:||Mark Blinn.|
|new name, new logo, GLOBAL REACH.|
|BRIEFLY : DA'S STAFF TO GIVE CHILD-SUPPORT HELP.|
|HONORS FOR LOCKHEED EXECUTIVE HANCOCK TAKES TOP PRIZE.|
|Marano takes top Americas post at C&W.|