Naberezhniye Chelny plant orders Voith equipment.
IN OTHER VOITH NEWS:
* UPM Kymmene's Docelles mill in France, a producer of premium woodfree uncoated papers, has chosen Voith Paper to rebuild its existing paper machine Number 1. Voith will deliver a single NipcoFlex press section and a new drive system. The dryer section will be equipped with new stabilizers, ropeless tail threading system, hot air impingement dryer hoods and an integrated infrared dryer. The rebuild will be completed during the summer of 2006. The speed will be increased from 925 meters/minute to 1200 meters/minute, and production capacity increased to 155,000 metric tons/yr.
* Dr. Gunter Halmschlager has assumed the position of Member of the Board of Voith Paper Automation GmbH & Co. KG. Effective October 1, 2005. Halmschlager worked for nearly four years as technical managing director of Voith Paper GmbH for the Board and Packaging Paper Division in St. Polten, Austria. He has many years of experience in plant construction for the paper industry. The move contributes to a more intensive linking of paper machine process and automation competence.
* Voith Paper Automation has formed a global OEM alliance with Rockwell Automation Inc., Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA. The alliance includes coordination, support and joint development activities focused on applying the Rockwell Automation Integrated Architecture to Voith's paper machines and process solutions.
* A new production record was achieved on Mondi Business Paper SPC's Ruzomberok paper machine Number 18, a Voith installation. Daily gross production was a record 1128 metric tons of copy paper. The machine was running 1500 meters/minute for more than ten days without any problems.
* Paper producer Sociedad Anonima Industrias Celulosa Aragonesa (SAICA), Zaragoza, Spain reached a new speed world record on paper machine Number 9, breaking records set in September 2004 and in January/February 2005. While producing packaging paper of 75 g/[m.sup.2] in September 2005, an average speed of 1443 meters/minute was run for 24 hours, and a maximum speed of 1460 meters/minute for ten hours on Machine 9.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||SUPPLIER NEWS|
|Publication:||Solutions - for People, Processes and Paper|
|Date:||Dec 1, 2005|
|Previous Article:||Grace Paper's Indonesian machine up and running.|
|Next Article:||Solutions! Magazine names George Munn to Editorial Board.|