NSU training grant supports cervical smear takers.
Smear taker training courses have been designed for registered nurses, and enrolled nurses who are employed within the health sector where smear taking for the NCSP is part of the service delivery, and supervised by a nominated clinical supervisor. Enrolled nurses must only be undertaking nursing practice under the direction and supervision of a registered nurse or medical practitioner as required by the Nurses Act 1997.
Grants are available to nurses who meet the above criteria and who:
* enrol in an approved course that commences
* before 31 December 2003 for completion of all course components before 30 June 2004
* have their employer's support
* provide the required information
* successfully complete the course
* have been unsuccessful in obtaining course fee funding from any other source, eg. employer, iwi grant.
Training grant applications are available from education providers, the NZNO or on the following websites: www.healthywomen.org.nz and www.nzno.org.nz
For more information contact Chris Millar, Training Grant Administrator at the NZNO on 04-931 6713 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Kai Tiaki: Nursing New Zealand|
|Date:||Jun 1, 2003|
|Previous Article:||Introducing sociology to nursing students: during the 1970s, the Dunedin School of Nursing led the country in integrating sociology into the general...|