NIRI Seattle presents: A Look Ahead at New Securities Regulation and a Retrospective on Regulation FD and G, Disclosure and Guidance.
SEATTLE -- Join NIRI Seattle for its monthly chapter meeting and luncheon on Thursday, April 9, 2009. This month's program will bring together a panel of senior securities attorneys from major law firms and general counsel from Nordstrom, Inc. and Flow International. They will touch on the questions that are all too familiar to IR professionals:
* Supposing your earnings trend changes sharply in the final weeks of a quarter, and you've already scheduled a series of investor meetings. Should you cancel your meetings, preannounce, issue an 8-K on the details, or simply say you can't comment on the quarter? Should companies have a formal quiet period; how should they manage such a period; what exactly does "quiet period" mean in an era of pre-announcements?
* Near the end of the third quarter, it appears your sales trends are changing and there is a chance you could fall either in the lower end of your annual guidance or even miss guidance, how should you manage your disclosures before, during and after the 3Q announcement?
The panel will look at the "friction points" of existing regulations and the outlook for regulatory changes in the wake of this year's elections and financial events.
Chris Visser, Partner, K&L Gates
Brian DeFoe, Senior Counsel, Nordstrom, Inc.
John S. Leness, General Counsel of Flow International Corp.
James B. Lucas, Managing Director, Los Angeles Office, Abernathy McGregor
* Date: Thursday, April 9, 2009
* Time: 11:45 AM - 2:00 PM PDT
* Location: Washington Athletic Club (WAC), 1325 Sixth Avenue in Seattle -- 206-622-7900.
* Cost: Tickets are $37 for NIRI members, $37 for Platinum Sponsor guests and $50 for non-member guests.
* Registration: www.niriseattle.org
* RSVP: by April 8, 2009
About NIRI Seattle
The award-winning NIRI Seattle chapter is 90 members strong and is one of 35 chapters nationwide. NIRI was founded in 1969 and is an international organization with 4,400 members, including the majority of the largest publicly held corporations in the U.S. and an increasing number of small and mid-sized companies. If you are interested in information about NIRI Seattle, or would like to receive a membership information kit, visit www.niriseattle.org.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Apr 6, 2009|
|Previous Article:||Research and Markets: Mexico Will Be Unable To Register Positive Growth Levels in 2009 States the Q1 2009 Mexico Insurance Report.|
|Next Article:||The Flask Track: Stanford Program Steers Bioscience Graduate Students Through Intensive Medical Training.|
|After Regulation FD: talking to your constituents.|
|NO TIPPING ALLOWED.|
|Fair and Fewer Disclosures.|
|Information, selective disclosure, and analyst behavior.|