NGOs candidate to the MOI: Maliki ordered to withdraw my guards.
The NGOs announced in a press conference last week the withdrawal of the nomination of its candidate for the MOI, Muhammadawi, for "the absence of political agreement to accept independent candidates and their adherence to the electoral rights."
Chairman of the Organization for Human Rights, Salah Bushey, said in a statement on behalf of the NGOs "the national interest pushed us to be part of the outstanding issue, which is the delay in the formation of the security ministries; we thought to present an independent candidate away from partisan and sectarian quotas."
For his part, Muhammadawi announced "there was great pressure practiced against him to withdraw his nomination," at the same time, refusing to label those who practiced these pressures.
He said "I do not care about such pressures, but, my withdrawal from this nomination came because I saw that the doors are closed for independents." /End/
All rights are reserved for National Iraqi News Agency / NINA 2011
Provided by Syndigate.info an Albawaba.com company
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||National Iraqi News Agency|
|Date:||May 14, 2011|
|Previous Article:||Iraqioun Gathering: political agendas behind targeting IS members.|
|Next Article:||MP: IS rejects U.S. troops stay after 2011.|