Printer Friendly

NATIONAL CITY CORPORATION COMPLETES ACQUISITION OF OHIO BANCORP

 CLEVELAND, Oct. 12 /PRNewswire/ -- National City Corporation (NYSE: NCC) announced today that it has completed the acquisition of Ohio Bancorp (NASDAQ: OHBC), a $1.6 billion bank holding company headquartered in Youngstown, Ohio. The merger won overwhelming support from Ohio Bancorp shareholders at a special meeting held in Youngstown on Aug. 31, 1993.
 National City will convert approximately 52 percent of Ohio Bancorp common shares into National City Corporation common stock at the rate of 1.06 NCC shares for each OHBC share, and the remaining 48 percent will be converted into cash at $28.25 per share.
 Ohio Bancorp's five banking units are now subsidiaries of National City Corporation. In April 1994, these banks will be merged into National City Bank, Northeast. The merged bank will have approximately $3 billion in assets with more than 90 branch offices throughout northeast Ohio. In addition, Ohio Bancorp's trust affiliate, Florida Trust Services of Ohio Bancorp, merged into the National City Trust Company (of Florida) which has offices in West Palm Beach, Vero Beach and Naples. National City Trust offers a wide range of trust and investment services to residents of Florida.
 Profile of National City Corporation
 National City Corporation is a $31 billion diversified financial services company headquartered in Cleveland. National City operates banks and other financial services subsidiaries primarily in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana.
 -0- 10/12/93
 /CONTACT: Thomas A. Richlovsky, senior vice president & treasurer, of National City Corporation, 216-575-2126, or Barbara O. Brown, assistant vice president, of National City Communications, 216-575-3492/
 (NCC OHBC)


CO: National City Corporation; Ohio Bancorp ST: Ohio IN: FIN SU: TNM

BM -- CL021 -- 1044 10/12/93 11:16 EDT
COPYRIGHT 1993 PR Newswire Association LLC
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 1993 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:PR Newswire
Date:Oct 12, 1993
Words:276
Previous Article:SUNTRUST REPORTS RECORD EARNINGS FOR THE THIRD QUARTER AND FIRST NINE MONTHS OF 1993
Next Article:FREMONT FINANCIAL NAMES NEW SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT AND GENERAL COUNSEL
Topics:

Terms of use | Copyright © 2017 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters