NADCA's Inaugural Congress, Tabletop Exhibition Features Sessions, Awards.
During the Congress sessions, attendees were asked to vote on the best overall paper and the best paper in implementation of R&D. The best overall paper went to "Corrosion Fatigue Failure of Large H13 Die Cast Die Inserts," Edward W. Flynn, GM Powertrain, and Corwyn M. Berger, Bodycote Materials Testing, Inc. The best paper in R&D implementation was awarded to "Web-Based Die Casting Engineering Utilizing Cast View and IPA Animation," Rich Tomazin, and Walter Smith, DCD Technologies.
The most prestigious individual award for the diecasting industry, the Herman Doehler Award, was presented to Rathindra DasGupta, SPX CONTECH-Metal Forge, for "outstanding contribution to the advancement of the diecasting industry in the areas of aluminum high-pressure diecasting, vacuum diecasting, squeeze casting, magnesium diecasting and semisolid metal forming."
Winners of NADCA's International Diecasting Competition were selected in seven categories--three aluminum, two magnesium and two zinc. Judging was based on ingenuity of casting and/or product design, overall quality, cost savings and contribution to expanding the market for castings. This year's winners are:
* Aluminum Under 1 lb--Stroh Die Casting Co., Inc., for an antenna element cast for Schlumberger;
* Aluminum 1-10 lb--Aallied Die Casting Co. of North Carolina for a trimmer deck housing cast for Garden Way, Inc.;
* Aluminum Over 10 lb--EST Co. for a transmission case cast for Harley-Davidson Motor Co.;
* Magnesium Under 0.5l lb--Performag, Inc., for a head node cast for Cannondale Raven Mountain Bike;
* Magnesium Over 0.5 lb--Product Technologies for an automatic power pruner cast for Echo Power Pruner;
* Zinc Under 6 oz/Non-Electro plated--Dero Enterprises for a casket arm cast for Vic Royal;
* Zinc Any Size with Decorative Finish--Joyner's Die Casting & Plating Co. for an outside cover cast for Mas-Hamilton Group.
Katherine Hirsch, North American Die Casting Assn., Rosemont, Illinois
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Jan 1, 2001|
|Previous Article:||Ductile Iron Society Hits the Jackpot with 'Virtual Tours' at Fall Meeting.|
|Next Article:||Soligen, Generis Sign Collaboration Agreement.|