Printer Friendly

Mum scarred for life after cooker explodes as she cooks kids' tea; THEJUDGE I'LL GET IT SORTED.

Busy mum Liz Fisher has been scarred for life after a pressure cooker blew up, covering her in hot soup.

Liz, 31, of Fernhill, near Rutherglen, ended up in hospital with second degree burns following the incident a fortnight ago.

Now she is wants a recall of the cookers and to warn other owners.

She said: "It was like a bomb going off. But it could have been a whole lot worse. It could have been my children."

It was only the fourth time mum-of-two Liz had used the PS40 Team pressure cooker.

I got on to Team who promised to collect the appliance from Liz to investigate. They said: "Our products comply with - and often exceed - all prevailing electrical standards.

"The Whisper Quiet Electric Pressure Cooker is infinitely safer than a stove-top pressure cooker, there are eight safety systems in every model.

"We are wholly satisfied that our item, when used correctly, would not in itself cause such an incident."

CAPTION(S):

SCARRED Liz suffered terrible burns after cooker exploded
COPYRIGHT 2013 Scottish Daily Record & Sunday
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2013 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Title Annotation:Features
Publication:Sunday Mail (Glasgow, Scotland)
Date:May 5, 2013
Words:171
Previous Article:Gym bosses want a year's fees but I only lasted ten minutes; THE JUDGE I'LL GET IT SORTED; Stroke victim threatened with court action.
Next Article:Black marks over sale price; THEJUDGE I'LL GET IT SORTED.

Terms of use | Copyright © 2018 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters