Printer Friendly

Mum and children flee blaze.

A COVENTRY woman and her two young children were forced to flee their home last night when her cooker caught fire.

The incident happened in Kensington Road, Earlsdon, at about 8pm.

Fire crews from Canley say they believe the woman had been cooking and had left the grill on by mistake.

She was alerted to the fire when the smoke alarm sounded.

Station officer Dave Kirby said the woman managed to switch off the grill and led the children to safety before firefighters arrived.

He said: "The damage was minimal and no one was hurt.

"It might have been a lot worse if she hadn't had a smoke alarm fitted in her house."
COPYRIGHT 2004 Coventry Newpapers
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2004 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Coventry Evening Telegraph (England)
Date:Oct 5, 2004
Words:113
Previous Article:M6 smash brings rush-hour delays.
Next Article:Police in pledge to help neighbourhood.


Related Articles
Fire kills four kids.
Fire mum clings on, man dies.
SCHOOL LESSONS SAVE FIRE FAMILY; Boy, 10, to the rescue.
FAMILY'S ROOFTOP RESCUE IN DEAD OF NIGHT.
Family escape house blaze.
Alarm is lifesaver.
I just can't face going back in the house ... we could all be dead.
NEWS.

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2021 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters |