Printer Friendly

Movement needed.

Your editorial on the effect big money has on our elections didn't use the word "bribery" (NCR, Nov. 21-Dec. 4).

But bribery it is and bribery is still a felony The rich bribers can call it whatever synonym they like--the proof is in the pudding:

* 70 million U.S. workers robbed of their jobs and pensions by runaway shops and needless mergers;

* 3 percent of our population with more wealth than the other 97 percent.

These bribers need to be arrested, and since the justice department obviously isn't going to do it, then it becomes the citizens' responsibility.

Citizens' arrests are the grassroots movement we need. The majority rules. U.S. capitalism has turned out to be worse than feudalism for U.S. workers.

JOHN HARRIGAN

Holyoke, Mass.

COPYRIGHT 2015 National Catholic Reporter
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2015 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Title Annotation:LITTLE
Author:Harrigan, John
Publication:National Catholic Reporter
Article Type:Letter to the editor
Date:Jan 16, 2015
Words:128
Previous Article:Forgive our debtors.
Next Article:Follow me.

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2020 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters