Morningstar's August Winners & Losers.
Morningstar says it has raised its ratings on eight funds, downgraded ratings for seven funds and affirmed ratings for 95 funds and two target-date series in August.
The Chicago-based research group also gave new ratings to 48 funds.
It also affirmed ratings on 95 funds, as well as two target-date series.
The Morningstar Analyst Ratings represent analysts' views that a fund can outperform its peers on a risk-adjusted basis over the long term. The five-tiered, qualitative scale has three positive levels -- Gold, Silver and Bronze -- as well as neutral and negative ratings.
As of Aug. 31, 138 U.S. funds have a Gold rating, 334 have a Silver rating, and 546 funds have a Bronze rating.
A large number of funds, 603, are rated Neutral, with only 11 receiving a Negative rating.
Funds with a Medalist rating now represent about 6% of unique mutual funds available for sale in the United States, but 59% of assets under management, as tracked by the research group. Its analysts rate some $10.5 trillion of U.S. investor assets overall, or roughly 67% of total investor assets.
Read on for more details on Morningstar's August 2017 updates.
* Artisan High Income (Bronze from Neutral)
* Eaton Vance Multi-Sector Income (Neutral from Negative)
* iShares S&P 500 Index (Bronze from Neutral)
* John Hancock Funds International Growth (Bronze from Neutral)
* Lazard Global Listed Infrastructure (Silver from Bronze)
* PIMCO Mortgage Opportunities (Silver from Bronze)
* T. Rowe Price International Stock (Bronze from Neutral)
* Thornburg Limited Term Income (Bronze from Neutral)
* Driehaus Active Income (Neutral from Bronze)
* Fidelity Small Cap Stock (Neutral from Bronze)
* Neuberger Berman Mid-Cap Growth (Neutral from Bronze)
* Browne Value (Bronze from Silver)
* Tweedy, Browne Global Value (Bronze from Silver)
* Tweedy, Browne Worldwide High Dividend Yield Value (Bronze from Silver)
* Vanguard Windsor II (Neutral from Bronze)
Funds with new Morningstar ratings, include these Silver-rated funds:
* Fidelity Advisor Health Care
* Fidelity Select Health Care
* John Hancock Funds Disciplined Value Mid Cap
* SPDR Bloomberg Barclays Intermediate Term Corporate Bond ETF
* Vanguard Intermediate-Term Bond Index
* Vanguard Intermediate-Term Corporate Bond Index
* Vanguard Long-Term Bond Index
* Vanguard Short-Term Bond Index
* Vanguard Total Bond Market II Index
* Voya Intermediate Bond
Funds with affirmed Morningstar ratings, include these Gold-rated funds:
* American Funds American Mutual
* American Funds New Economy
* DFA US Large Company
* Fidelity 500 Index
* Fidelity Four-in-One Index
* Fidelity Total Market Index
* iShares Core S&P 500 ETF
* iShares Core S&P Total US Stock Market ETF
* Primecap Odyssey Aggressive Growth
* Primecap Odyssey Growth
* Primecap Odyssey Stock
* Schwab Total Stock Market Index
* Schwab US Broad Market ETF
* Schwab US Large-Cap ETF
* Schwab S&P 500 Index
* Vanguard Capital Opportunity
* Vanguard Large-Cap ETF
* Vanguard Primecap Core
* Vanguard Primecap
* Vanguard Tax-Managed Balanced
* Vanguard Tax-Managed Small Cap
--- Check out 7 Top Online Brokerages: Kiplinger on ThinkAdvisor.