Mix & fix: veggie pizza muffins.
Ask an adult to help you make these yummy little pizzas. They'll warm you up inside and out!
What You Need: (Makes 2 servings)
* 2 whole-wheat English muffins, halved
* Toaster (for adult use only)
* Baking sheet
* 4 tablespoons pizza sauce
* 1/2 cup chopped, assorted veggies (bell pepper, broccoli, spinach, fresh basil, mushrooms, etc.)
* 4 tablespoons shredded, part-skim mozzarella cheese
* 2 plates
What You Do:
1. Wash your hands. Preheat the oven to 375[degrees] F.
2. Ask an adult to toast the muffin halves and place them on the baking sheet.
3.Use the spoon to spread a tablespoon of pizza sauce on each muffin.
4. Divide the chopped veggies among the four pizzas. Top each pizza with a tablespoon of shredded cheese.
5. Bake the pizzas for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese melts. Let your adult helper place the pizzas on the plates. Let cool a bit, and enjoy!
Illustrated by Christopher Wurth
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Humpty Dumpty's Magazine|
|Date:||Dec 28, 2011|
|Previous Article:||Humpty's art gallery.|
|Next Article:||Ask Dr. Cory.|