Printer Friendly

Minister hails new youth jobs scheme; business Business briefing.

FIRMS have offered more than 21,000 jobs to young people at risk of long-term unemployment under a Government wage incentive scheme, ministers said.

The measure, part of the Youth Contract launched last year, offers businesses up to PS2,275 for taking on an 18 to 24-year-old who has been out of work for at least six months. The wage incentives, claimed after someone has been in work for six months, have been paid for more than 4,690 young people.

Employment Minister Mark Hoban said: "Youth unemployment has fallen by 59,000 since the Youth Contract was launched and tens of thousands of people have benefited from work experience, apprenticeships or the wage incentive."
COPYRIGHT 2013 Coventry Newpapers
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2013 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Title Annotation:Business
Publication:Coventry Evening Telegraph (England)
Date:Jul 23, 2013
Words:115
Previous Article:PUB SERVES UP 40 NEW JOBS.
Next Article:John Lewis plans a UK factory switch; business Business briefing.
Topics:

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2020 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters