Printer Friendly

Minister Rini: Bakauheni - Terbanggi Toll Road 140.9 km Will Operate Immediately.

Minister of State-Owned Enterprises (BUMN), Rini M. Soemarno, ensures that the Trans-Sumatra (JTTS) Toll Road project in the Bakauheni - Terbanggi Besar section built by PT Hutama Karya (Persero) is ready to be operated. This was expressed by Minister Rini when visiting the construction site of the Bakauheni - Terbanggi Besar toll road on Thursday (01/31/2019).

The plan is for President Joko Widodo to directly inaugurate this toll road segment.

'The development is quite positive and is expected to operate immediately in the right time and can immediately be used for connectivity in the Lampung region in particular and Sumatra in general,' said Minister Rini.

On the same occasion, President Director of Hutama Karya Bintang Perbowo said that the 140.9 km physical construction of the Trans Sumatra toll road Bakauheni - Terbanggi Besar section has been completed so that it can be operated immediately.

Previously, several segments in the Bakauheni-Terbanggi Besar toll road had been inaugurated by the President of the Republic of Indonesia on January 20, 2018. These sections are in the Bakauheni-Sidomulyo Package 1 in the Bakauheni Port segment to 8.9 km of Bakauheni Interchange (SS) and in Package 2 Sidomulyo-Kotabaru, the SS Lematang segment to SS Kotabaru, 5.6 km. Thus, the total toll road that was inaugurated and operated last year was 14.5 km.

'The plan is that there will be 12 Rest and Service Areas (TIP) for Toll Roads or the rest area that will be operated along the Bakauheni-Terbanggi toll road,' said Bintang.

Minister Rini M. Soemarno added that state-owned toll road managers would be encouraged to work together with local MSMEs to become tenants who fill the rest area.

'The concept will be to work together with local MSMEs, so that this toll road truly benefits the economy of the surrounding community,' Rini explained.

Welcoming this, Hutama Karya committed 70% of the tenants in Rest Area to be filled by leading UMKMs around the Lampung Province.

Not only that, to be able to provide the best service for toll users, HK also provides complete traffic service facilities such as Highway Patrol (PJR), tow trucks, ambulances, and rescue cars to ensure the safety and comfort of drivers.

'We do not want to only focus on toll operations, but services on toll roads must also be optimal. 'The people who pass the Bacterial toll road must all feel comfortable,' Bintang added.

The location of the rest area will be located at STA 20 + 700 between the SS Bakauheni and SS Kalianda, then at STA 33 + 100 between SS Kalianda and SS Sidomulyo, continued at STA 49 + 750 and STA 67 + 800 between SS Sidomulyo and SS Lematang, then at STA 87 + 000 between SS Kotabaru and SS Branti, and finally at STA 115 + 000 between SS Metro and SS Gunung Sugih.

Just for information, the construction of the Trans Sumatra toll road Bakauheni - Terbanggi Besar Section costs an investment of Rp 16.8 trillion, which is filled with 52% equity through PMN of Rp 2.217 trillion and bonds issued by Hutama Karya of Rp 6.5 trillion. The remaining 48% is filled with loans through loans from 7 banking syndications, namely Bank Mandiri, BNI, BCA, CIMB Niaga, Maybank, Bank Permata, and Bank ICBC for Rp. 8,067 trillion.

Until now, Hutama Karya is building 529 km of the Trans-Sumatra Toll Road, with 47 km of the fully operational Trans-Sumatra Toll Road. Some of which are being constructed are 189 km of the Terbanggi Besar-Pematang Panggang-Kayu Agung section, the 31 km Padang-Sicincin section (part of the Padang-Pekanbaru section), 131 km of the Pekanbaru-Dumai section, the Kualatanjung-Tebing Tinggi-Parapat section along 98 km, the Medan-Binjai section (Helvetia to the Tj. Mulia junction) is 6 km long, and the Banda Aceh-Sigli section is 74 km long.

As for JTTS, which has been fully operational, in addition to the Bakauheni-Terbanggi Besar section, the Palembang-Indralaya section is 22 kilometers long and the Medan-Binjai section of Binjai-Semayang section and Semayang-Helvetia section are 11 km long.
COPYRIGHT 2019 Knowledge Bylanes
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2019 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:The President Post (Jakarta, Indonesia)
Geographic Code:9INDO
Date:Feb 28, 2019
Words:729
Previous Article:Danamon and the Indonesian Logistics and Forwarder Association Sign Cooperation.
Next Article:Waste4Change Together with DBS Bank Indonesia Create Trash-Free Indonesia.
Topics:

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2021 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters |