Miaa deploys more security to parked jet of Chris Brown at Naia.
The Manila International Airport Authority (Miaa) has assigned more security personnel to the hangar where American recording artist Chris Brown's chartered jet is parked on the request of the airport-based immigration office.
Miaa assistant general manager for security and emergency services Jesus Gordon Descanzo immediately ordered the deployment of members of the Airport Police Department (APD) to the Ninoy Aquino International Airport's general aviation area.
In a July 22 letter marked Extremely Urgent addressed to Descanzo, the Bureau of Immigration's (BI) port operations division chief Floro Balato Jr. requested additional security detail to make sure that Brown and his promoter John Michael Pio Roda would be closely watched. They are now subjects of an immigration lookout bulletin issued by Justice Secretary Leila de Lima.
E+a,,C/ Chris Brown still in the country for $1-M estafa case | Chris Brown rants, breakdances while marooned in Manila
The Miaa official immediately approved the request because of the urgency of the matter where Brown was supposed to leave that same day, Wednesday, for his concert in Hong Kong on a chartered Gulfstream IV aircraft.
Descanzo told the Philippine Daily Inquirer that the US-registered jet has been cleared to fly and return to its point of origin provided Brown and Pio Roda, the subjects of the lookout bulletin, were left behind.
The primary request of the immigration bureau is for us to monitor possible activities of Brown and his promoter within the airport premises, which includes the general aviation area. This is why they asked for APD support, he said.
He said the APD personnel had been tasked to check every aircraft to make sure that neither Brown nor Pio Roda were on it and that they had the necessary emigration clearance certificate (ECC) or exit clearance from the BI.
Brown was prevented by immigration officers from leaving the country on Wednesday afternoon due to an estafa complaint filed against him which stemmed from his failure to show up at a Dec. 31, 2014, concert at Philippine Arena, where he was the main act.
The international artist was a no-show at 2015 Philippine Countdown at Philippine Arena in Ciudad de Victoria, Bocaue in Bulacan, organized by the Iglesia ni Cristo. He explained his absence saying he lost his passport the day before his supposed flight to Manila from Los Angeles.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Philippines Daily Inquirer (Makati City, Philippines)|
|Date:||Jul 23, 2015|
|Previous Article:||PNP tests container van converted into command post for SONA.|
|Next Article:||Cone: I want to know Mark Caguioa.|