Metso busy with many contracts.
IN RELATED NEWS:
* Metso Corp. has agreed to sell its 239,555 shares in Sato-Yhtyma Oyj to Ilmarinen Mutual Pension Insurance Co. The share holding represents 10.9% of the share capital of Sato-Yhtyma Oyj. The value of the sale is more than EUR 15 million (US$ 18 million).
* Guangxi Jingdaxing Paper Industry Co., Ltd., Tianlin, Guangxi, China, selected Metso Paper to supply a 450-ton per day deinking line. The line will produce pulp for newsprint production based on recycled newsprint (ONP) and magazine (OMG) paper as raw materials. The companies also agreed on long-term cooperation to optimize the production and pulp quality of the deinking line. The main delivery will occur in autumn 2004 with start-up planned for year-end.
* Metso Paper with its Chinese joint venture company Valmet-Xian will supply a board making line to Foshan Huafeng Paper Co., Ltd., Zhuhai, Guangdong, China. The new Paper Machine Number 3 line will manufacture high quality recycled coated board and should start up in fall 2005. Total value of the order is more than EUR 30 million (US$ 36 million). Valmet-Xian and Metso units in Finland and Sweden will participate in the delivery. The board making line will be 5.15 meters wide with a design speed of 700 meters per minute producing 4-ply white lined chipboard (WLC).
* M-real Corp. has selected Metso Paper to supply equipment for BCTMP pulping and a baling line at a new plant in Kaskinen, Finland.
* Shandong Chenming Paper Holdings Ltd. has selected Metso Paper to supply a new wood handling and BCTMP line for mechanical pulp production in Shouguang, Shandong, China. The line will have a design capacity of 735 tons per day producing high-quality, high-bulk BCTMP pulp for board production. Raw material will be Chinese Poplar. Startup should occur in the first quarter of 2005.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||Supplier News|
|Publication:||Solutions - for People, Processes and Paper|
|Date:||May 1, 2004|
|Previous Article:||Ciba buys Raisio Chemicals.|
|Next Article:||Voith to fill orders.|