In other news:
* Metso Paper will deliver an extensive paper machine rebuild to UPM-Kymmene's Jamsankoski mill in Finland, Europe's leading paper machine for production of label papers. The project is scheduled for completion in spring of 2003, and its value is not being disclosed.
* Metso Paper will supply a new sack kraft refining line to the JSC Segezha pulp and paper mill, the leading sack paper manufacturer in Russia. The new refining line will be installed on Segezha's PM 10 with start-up in June 2002.
* Valmet-Raisio has a new identity, Metso PaperChem Oy. Registered in February, 2002, the name change emphasizes its products as a part of Metso Paper's core business solutions. In December 2001, Metso Paper acquired Raisio Chemicals' minority holding of the company. The net sales of Metso PaperChem in 2001 were EUR 40 million. The company employs about 100 and has offices in Germany, the United States, Brazil, China, and at Raisio and Valkeakoski, Finland.
* Kappa Kraftliner has placed an order with Metso Paper to rebuild its linerboard machine PM 1 in Lovholmen, Pitea, Sweden. The rebuild will increase production by improving the drying capacity and runnability of the machine.
* Metso Paper received the Gold Supplier Award from Abitibi-Consolidated in February 2002. This was one of 13 awards presented by Abitibi-Consolidated at its first "Supplier Awards Event," which is anticipated to be an annual event. Metso Paper was selected from among 16,000 suppliers that deal annually with Abitibi-Consolidated Inc. (ACI), to receive the gold award in the "Equipment and Technology" category.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Solutions - for People, Processes and Paper|
|Date:||May 1, 2002|
|Next Article:||Voith Paper.|