Metric rigid couplings with step bores.
Ruland (Marlborough, MA) expanded its line of rigid couplings to include metric sizes with step bores for precision servo driven systems or shaft-to-shaft connections. The couplings are available in one- and two-piece clamp styles with or without keyways for superior fit and holding power. Ruland supplies rigid coupling hardware with a proprietary coating called Nypatch to resist vibration and maintain holding power. Nypatch is applied 360 degrees around several threads of the socket head cap screws to prevent them from loosening under vibration, causing a reduction or loss of torque transmission during operation.
* Standard step bore rigid couplings give machine designers more flexibility
* Supplied with Nypatch anti-vibration hardware to maintain holding power
* Two-piece styles have a balanced design for reduced vibration
* All metric hardware tests beyond DIN 912 standards
* Metric rigid couplings are offered in sizes ranging from 3 mm to 50 mm