Printer Friendly

Met back-up cut for royal cops squad.

Byline: VICKY SMITH

PRINCE Charles has reportedly intervened in changes to the elite protection detail for the Royal Family.

But the Scotland Yard shake-up which removes back-up officer support for the Royal and Diplomatic Protection Group went ahead as planned.

A source said: "The personal protection officers have been told it is up to them to sort it out."

The Met denied the changes were part of moneysaving plans to strip back its budget by a fifth as part of Government funding cuts.

Scotland Yard said: "There has been some re-organisation to ensure we deliver the most effective policing service to all of London - including those protected by the RDPG."

A spokesman said "threat and risk levels" had been taken into account.

CAPTION(S):

CONCERN Prince Charles

COPYRIGHT 2014 MGN LTD
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2014 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:The Mirror (London, England)
Date:Aug 2, 2014
Words:127
Previous Article:Drink driver jailed for orphaning his nephew.
Next Article:Medics sued for declaring woman dead.
Topics:

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2021 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters |