Members elect chapter delegates, new leaders for board positions.
Election results are in and Linda Holden, M.S., R.T.(R)(M)(QM), RDMS, has been chosen by members to be president-elect in 2007-2008. She will serve as ASRT president in 2008-2009 and chairman of the Board the following year.
"I am thrilled to be given this opportunity to represent my profession," Ms. Holden said. "It is truly a special gift given to me by my peers. Being their representative is a responsibility that I take very personally."
Ms. Holden, of Cheyenne, Wyo., is program director of diagnostic medical sonography at Laramie County Community College. She has served as speaker and vice speaker of the ASRT House of Delegates.
Current President-elect Connie Mitchell, M.A., R.T.(R)(CT), of Omaha, Neb., will be installed as ASRT Board president. Cynthia Daniels, M.S., R.T.(R), current ASRT president, will become chairman of the Board, succeeding Cathy Parsons, B.S., R.T.(R)(M)(QM), FASRT.
Current Secretary-treasurer Diane Mayo, R.T.(R)(CT), of Florence, Miss., was elected 2007-2008 vice president. "I would like to thank the membership for allowing me the privilege to serve as vice president during the next year. This is a great honor and I am humbled by it," she said. Ms. Mayo is the quality assurance coordinator for the diagnostic imaging department at St. Dominic-Jackson Memorial Hospital in Jackson, Miss.
James Temme, M.P.A., R.T.(R)(QM), FASRT, was elected secretary-treasurer. He is the associate director of radiation science technology education at the University of Nebraska Medical Center in Omaha. Active in the leadership of the Nebraska Society of Radiologic Technologists, Mr. Temme also has served as an education chapter delegate in the ASRT House of Delegates. He was a longtime member of the Radiologic Technology Editorial Review Board and is on the newly consolidated Commission.
Board members will be installed June 4 during the president's reception at the ASRT/AEIRS Annual Conference in Albuquerque, N.M. The conference runs June 1-4.
Of 119,893 eligible voting members, only 2,538 ballots were cast, for a 2.17 percent turnout. The voting percentage and total number of ballots cast were only slightly higher than in the 2006 election.
In other election results, 26 chapter delegates were elected. They will begin their terms after the 2007 House is adjourned.
* Bone Densitometry--Lisa King, R.T.(R)(M)(BD), Stockport, Ohio, and Sharon Wartenbee, R.T.(R)(BD), CDT, Sioux Falls, S.D.
* Cardiovascular-interventional--Lois Layne, B.S., R.T.(R)(CV), Oliver Springs, Tenn., and Cynthia Burns, R.T.(R)(CV)(CT), Dublin, Ohio.
* Computed Tomography--Allen Croat, B.S., R.T.(R)(CT), FASRT, Sioux Falls, S.D., and Pamela Dunster, R.T.(R)(CT), Campbellsville, Ky.
* Education--Tracy Herrmann, M.Ed., R.T.(R), Cincinnati, and Patricia Halley, R.T.(R)(CV)(CT), Scottsbluff, Neb.
* Magnetic Resonance--Christina Thomas, B.S., R.T.(R)(MR), Madison, Miss., and Jacqueline Turk, B.S., R.T.(R)(CT)(MR), Euclid, Ohio.
* Mammography--Cheryl Worden, R.T.(R)(M), Fountain Hills, Ariz., and Deborah Berry, R.T.(R)(M), Shipman, Va.
* Management--Gary Duehring, Ph.D., R.T.(R)(MR), CRA, FAHRA, Owosso, Mich., and Dawn McNeil, M.S., R.T.(R)(M), RDMS, Durango, Colo.
* Medical Dosimetry--There were no qualified candidates.
* Military: U.S. Army--Master Sgt. Christopher Diehl, R.T.(R)(CT), Spanaway, Wash., and Sgt. Albert Crews, M.S., R.T.(R), RDMS, Colorado Springs, Colo.
* Military: U.S. Navy--Chief Hospital Corpsman (SW/AW/MTS) Travis Prowant, R.T.(R)(CV)(CT), Suffolk, Va., and Chief Hospital Corpsman (FMF/MTS) Hassel David Estep, R.T.(R)(T), Bluffton, S.C.
* Military: U.S. Air Force--Master Sgt. Lonnie Gallaher, R.T.(R), Melbourne, Fla.
* Nuclear Medicine--Barbara Hente, B.A., R.T.(N), CNMT, FASRT, Granite City, Ill.
* Quality Management--Barbara Smith, M.S., R.T.(R)(QM), FASRT, Tigard, Ore., and Andrea Stevens, M.S., R.T.(R)(QM), Macon, Ga.
* Radiation Therapy--There were no qualified candidates.
* Radiography--Linda Rizzo, B.S., R.T.(R), Marion, Ohio, and Norman Hente, M.S., R.T.(R), FASRT, Granite City, Ill.
* Sonography--David Hill, R.T.(R), RDMS, Magnolia, Del., and Kelly Hartigan, B.S., R.T.(R)(M)(QM), RDMS, Cheyenne, Wyo.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||American Society of Radiologic Technologists|
|Date:||May 1, 2007|
|Previous Article:||Innovation in radiation therapy sparks resurgence in diagnostic imaging.|
|Next Article:||Bugg, Slechta and Wescott will be honored as fellows: three distinguished members of the ASRT will be elevated to Fellow status on June 2 during the...|