Printer Friendly

Meat scare for schools.

AN MP is demanding an inquiry into why meat was sent to hundreds of school dining tables before test results revealed it was contaminated with the E-coli bug.

John McAllion, MP for Dundee East, said he planned to raise the issue with the Scottish Office, which issued a food hazard warning to councils throughout Scotland on Friday night.

The Scottish Office said the warning was being issued as a "precaution", as the bacteria - responsible for 20 deaths in Scotland last year - should have been destroyed in cooking.
COPYRIGHT 1998 MGN LTD
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 1998 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Sunday Mirror (London, England)
Date:Feb 8, 1998
Words:87
Previous Article:Marchers block Cornish roads.
Next Article:Soldiers go into battle for trauma damages.

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2021 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters