Mazda Announces Organizational and Personnel Changes.
Goal: Looking forward to future growth, Mazda aims to enhance its car body manufacturing ability and human resource development by combining the press and body departments to form the Body Production Dept.
- The body production functions at Vehicle Production Dept. No. 1 and Vehicle Production Dept. No. 2 were transferred to the Body Production Dept., formerly known as the Body Parts Production Dept.
- Some functions at the Body Parts Production Dept. were transferred to Vehicle Production Dept. No. 2 and Powertrain Production Dept. No. 1.
- To maximize profit from markets including the ASEAN countries, the Middle East and Central and South America by strengthening the financial and operational aspects of analysis and management in the sales and marketing areas.
- To increase sales strength and reinforce the Mazda brand in the above markets.
- The Overseas Business Development Dept. was newly created and certain functions of the Market Planning and Administration Dept. and the Direct Sales Department were transferred to it.
- The Direct Sales Department was dissolved and its functions were incorporated into the Market Planning and Administration Dept.
For information regarding personnel changes, please visit: http://www.mazda.com/publicity/release/200609/0929.html
About Mazda Motor Corporation
Mazda Motor Corporation (TSE: 7261) started manufacturing tools in 1929 and soon branched out into production of trucks for commercial use. In the early 1960s, Mazda launched its first passenger car models and began developing rotary engines. Still headquartered in Hiroshima in western Japan, Mazda today ranks as one of Japan's leading automakers, and exports cars to the United States and Europe for over 30 years. Overseas sales account for more than half of total turnover. Mazda has two main production sites in Japan and 19 overseas facilities. Overseas sites include joint ventures based in the United States, and in Thailand with Ford Motor Company, Mazda's largest shareholder.
Source: Mazda Motor Corporation
Mazda Motor Corporation Ms. Mayumi Handa Tel: +81-82-282-1111 E-mail: email@example.com
Copyright [c] 2006 JCN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Japan Corporate News Network K.K.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Sep 29, 2006|
|Previous Article:||Sony to Initiate Global Replacement Program for Notebook Computer Battery Packs.|
|Next Article:||Panasonic to Launch Theme 'Living in HD' at CEATEC JAPAN 2006.|