Massimo Zanetti Beverage USA.
As one of the largest coffee roasters in North America, Massimo Zanetti Beverage USA (MZB-USA) provides coffee expertise from seed to cup, offering a range of solutions from single origins to unique blends--in an array of innovative packaging options for the home, office and foodservice.
Owned by Massimo Zanetti Beverage Group (MZB Group) in Treviso, Italy, the company's North American headquarters was born from an Italian heritage spanning four generations of coffee expertise. Much of the company's coffee is grown, sourced, milled, processed, exported and traded through MZB Group, or alliances with the Zanetti family.
Because of this full Integration, MZBUSA Is a single resource delivering innovative solutions like no other. Its portfolio consists of quality products ranging from super-premium packaged coffees to trusted iconic brands that boast a longstanding tradition of great taste.
As one of the largest coffee roasters in the country, MZB-USA partners to produce a wide range of coffees for some of the biggest retailers, as well as convenience store and coffeehouse chains in North America.
With a state-of-the art roasting facility in Suffolk, Virginia, an average of more than 20,000 pounds of coffee is ground per hour, with packaging capabilities that include bricks, bags, jars, cans and more. The newest packaging line has been engineered to produce 100 percent compostable single-serve coffee pods--certified by the Biodegradable Products Institute to break down in composting facilities in less than 100 days. The company also produces organic, Fair Trade, Rainforest Alliance and Utz certified coffees.
The company also owns the Kauai Coffee Company and, with more than 4 million coffee trees grown on 3,100 acres, Kauai Coffee is Hawaii's largest coffee farm.
At Massimo Zanetti Beverage, all they do Is coffee--it's their way of life, from planting, harvesting and roasting, to cupping, packaging, marketing and distributing.
Massimo Zanetti Beverage USA (MZB-USA) is owned by global coffee leader Massimo Zanetti Beverage Group (MZB Group) in Treviso, Italy.
Massimo Zanetti Beverage USA at a Glance
HQ: Suffolk, Virginia. Sales, Marketing, Customer Service & Main Distribution Center: Portsmouth, Virginia. Coffee Away From Home Center for Excellence & Roasting Facility: Moonachle, New Jersey. 3,100-acre coffee estate: Kauai Coffee Company, Kauai, Hawaii.
* One of the largest producers of private brand coffees in the U.S.
* Retail brands include Chock full o'Nuts, Kauai Coffee, MJB, Chase & Sanborn, Hills Bros. Coffee and Hills Bros. Cappuccino.
* MZB-USA Away From Home division includes global brands Segafredo Zanetti coffee and espresso, and Brodies Scottish Teas.
* Produces a wide range of coffees for some of the nation's biggest retailers, convenience stores and quick-serve chains.
* 2005: Massimo Zanetti Beverage Group purchases Sara Lee's coffee roasting facility in Suffolk, Virginia and forms its North American headquarters--Massimo Zanetti Beverage USA.
* 2011 : Massimo Zanetti Beverage USA purchases Kauai Coffee Company, making the company fully integrated from farm to cup.
* 2012: Massimo Zanetti Beverage USA purchases Sara Lee's foodservice coffee roasting facility in Moonachie, New Jersey.
* On Earth Day 2016, MZB-USA launched the world's first 100% compostable single-serve coffee pods, PURPOD100, which are certified by the Biodegradable Products Institute.
* In 2017, MZB-USA partnered with JavaCycle to divert coffee chaff waste from landfills--repurposing the castoff byproduct from the coffee roasting process into garden fertilizer.
* In April 2017, MZB-USA received the Governor's Environmental Excellence award for significant achievements in sustainable manufacturing practices and leadership within the CPG sector from the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality.
Sustainable Farming Practices/Corporate Social Responsibility
* MZB-USA is at the forefront of addressing the waste issue associated with single-serve coffee, engaging consumers about the benefits of coffee composting and working with municipalities to open more facilities nationwide.
* The Kauai Coffee Company leads In water conservation by recycling and reusing water in three stages of the production process: hydroelectricity for the entire operation; wet milling; and drip irrigation.
* MZB Group and MZB-USA are devoted to all aspects of Corporate Social Responsibility, including promoting safe and fair farming practices around the globe.
--Source: Massimo Zanetti Beverage USA
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||FM IN FOCUS|
|Date:||May 1, 2017|
|Previous Article:||What's the buzz?|
|Next Article:||Steps to accurate and consistent documentation.|