Marshmallow Shooter Toy Tops drugstore.com Holiday Shoppers' Lists.
BELLEVUE, Wash. -- Online retailer drugstore.com, inc. (NASDAQ:DSCM) and Beauty.com, the company's prestige beauty products web store, today released its best-selling holiday gift items.
"This holiday season more customers shopped earlier with an emphasis on choosing toys, games and glamour," said Jonathan Tinter, Chief Marketing Officer, drugstore.com. "So far the best-selling gift is a toy called the Marshmallow Shooter, which is so popular we've airlifted all remaining inventory from the manufacturer to meet exceptionally strong customer demand."
As a leading online provider of health, beauty, vision and pharmacy products, drugstore.com is the "uncommon drugstore" offering more than 25,000 gift ideas with a wide selection of unique and hard-to-find items in addition to everyday necessities. For the holiday season the company expanded its selection of gift products and secured a healthy inventory as buyers tracked emerging trends.
Toys and games under $25 are the hottest holiday sellers on drugstore.com.
* Marshmallow Shooter - Fun for the whole family. Pump-action rapid fire shoots marshmallows 30 ft. Models available for mini-marshmallows ($19.99) and regular-sized marshmallows ($24.99). Camouflage model a drugstore.com exclusive.
* YOUniverse Money Jar - This money jar automatically adds up the amount of coins you drop inside it. ($14.99)
* Radica 20Q Game - Amaze your friends. Amaze yourself. Think of something, anything, and answer a series of 20 questions. Then sit back and let the 20Q read your mind. ($14.99)
* Excaliber The New York Times Touch Screen Sudoku - No pencil or paper needed for the electronic version of this hot game! Solve a square or whole puzzle with the touch of a stylus -- 4 levels of difficulty and 835 puzzles -- $19.99 (on sale for $14.99).
* Cranium Giggle Gear Mega Mask - Kids love these silly mix-and-match disguises. Choose from robot, bug, and alien kit or the fairy kit. You can even change your voice for added mystery and fun! ($24.99)
When it comes to glamour, gift sets of prestige beauty products are the hottest items on Beauty.com.
* Philosophy Deck the Halls Gift Set - Packaged in a cute holiday house this Beauty.com exclusive is ready to pop under the tree. The set includes 3-in-1 shower gel, body souffle and lip balm in scrumptious scents like cinnamon bun and sugar cookie. ($35.00)
* Too Faced Glamour to Go - Travel beautifully with six silky lip glosses and four smoldering eye shadows, ready for take-off. ($18.50)
* Du Wop Lip Venom - The original lip plumper is perfect for a sensational under-the-mistletoe pucker. ($16.00)
* Strivectin Holiday Gift Set includes the acclaimed formulas for banishing dark circles, eye wrinkles, and stretch marks. ($99.00)
* Tarte Gilt Trip - This fabulous gold case includes six mix-and-match gold-tinged glosses. ($28.00)
Honorable mentions in the top-selling gift category go to the Burt's Bees Healthy Hands Kit, the Omron Pedometer and the Backyard Safari Bug Vacuum.
More than 25,000 uncommonly good gift ideas from drugstore.com and Beauty.com:
* Give a gift that keeps on giving. Sign up for Auto Delivery service on gift items. Purchase a Sonicare Elite toothbrush and arrange to have replacement brush heads delivered every 6 months for optimal use. Or have a new tube of her favorite mascara show up on her doorstep every 3 months. The service is available for deliveries every 30, 45, 60, 90 or 180 days.
* Stock up on the little things. drugstore.com and Beauty.com offer gifts with purchase, travel sizes and everyday basics that are great for anyone's stocking.
* Give beautifully. Pick up a Beauty.com gift card and let them pick out their favorite indulgences for themselves.
* Last second shopping. The ultimate procrastinators can purchase a festive drugstore.com or Beauty.com gift certificate and have it delivered by e-mail elves in seconds.
About drugstore.com, inc.
drugstore.com, inc. (NASDAQ:DSCM) is a leading online provider of health, beauty, vision, and pharmacy solutions. The drugstore.com(TM) online store provides a convenient, private, and informative shopping experience for consumers who seek products essential to healthy, everyday living. The online store offers thousands of brand-name personal health care products at competitive prices; a full-service, licensed retail pharmacy; and a wealth of health-related information, buying guides, and other tools designed to help consumers make informed purchasing decisions. Consumers can personalize their shopping experiences with shopping lists; e-mail reminders for replenishing regularly used products; and private e-mail access to pharmacists and beauty experts for questions.
As a fully licensed facility exercising competent, safe pharmacy practices in compliance with federal and state laws and regulations, the drugstore.com(TM) pharmacy has been awarded the Verified Internet Pharmacy Practice Sites certification by the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Dec 6, 2006|
|Previous Article:||Motif, Inc. Expands Global Reach with New Manila Center.|
|Next Article:||ZymoGenetics to Review Development Programs at Analyst & Investor Briefing.|