Mark your calendar.
* The 61st Spring Fox Valley Antiques Show continues from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, March 11, at the Kane County Fairgrounds, 525 S. Randall Road in St. Charles. Admission is $10. There will be antiques offered by 55 dealers from 15 states exhibited indoors. Admission benefits local historical preservation and educational endeavors. Visit www.csada.com.
* Enjoy a benefit concert at 3 p.m. Sunday, March 11, at Sugar Grove United Methodist Church, 176 S. Main St. A freewill offering will be taken to help pay medical bills of Randy Rogers, a church member who died Feb. 16 after a three-year battle with colon cancer and lymphoma. Ensembles scheduled to perform are Brotherhood of Harmony, where Rogers served as a soloist and section leader; and Evening Edition. For details, call (630) 466-4501.
* As part of the One Book, One Batavia 2018, "Stories and Songs of African People" will be presented at 2 p.m. Sunday, March 11. It features Shanta Nurullah and includes stories, poetry, chants, and the spellbinding sounds of African instruments. Registration is required at OneBookOneBatavia.org or call (630) 879-1393, ext. 200.
* On Sunday, March 11, the Fox Valley Orchestra will present "Landscape of Visions," led by principal guest conductor Stephen Squires, at 3 p.m. at Aurora University's Crimi Auditorium, 407 S. Calumet Ave. in Aurora. The concert will feature soloist violinist Olya Prohorova. It will feature R. Vaughn Williams' concerto, "The Lark Ascending," Bernstein's "West Side Story," and Edward Elgar's "Enigma Variations." A preconcert lecture with begin at 2 p.m. given by music commentator and historian Jim Kendros. Tickets are available online at www.foxvalleyorchestra.org or can be purchased at the door depending on availability.
* The Gallery Chamber Series, a musical celebration of science, will feature "Axiom Brass: Quarks to Cosmos" at 2:30 p.m. Sunday, March 11, in the art gallery at Fermilab, off Pine St. in Batavia. Tickets are $18. Order tickets online at events.fnal.gov/arts-lecture-series/. The Axiom Brass Quintet will join some Fermilab friends to present a multimedia concert titled "Quarks to Cosmos."
* The St. Charles Public Library, 1 S. Sixth Ave., continues its Sunday Concert Series with Ten Strings from 2 to 3 p.m. Sunday, March 11. Violinist Sherri Deroche and guitarist Jason Deroche perform pieces ranging from South American music to classical composers. Visit www.scpld.org.
* Steel Beam Theatre, 111 W. Main St. in St. Charles, will present "Three the Hard Way" by Lisa Eisenstein to March 18. Performances will be at 8 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays and 3 p.m. Sundays. Tickets are $28, $25 for seniors, or $23 for students. Visit www.steelbeamtheatre.com/three-the-hard-way.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Daily Herald (Arlington Heights, IL)|
|Date:||Mar 11, 2018|
|Previous Article:||GOP Kane Dist. 23 board hopefuls discuss cuts.|
|Next Article:||Intelligent, resilient, abundant.|