Managing the Communication Function: Second Edition.
One of IABC's most essential manuals, Managing the Communication Function, 2nd edition helps communicators to manage communication and their careers in a changing business landscape. With this manual, you'll learn:
* What education, experience, skills and traits will position you for key positions as a communication executive.
* How to assess your organization's overall communication infrastructure and manage it as a key business asset.
* How to manage cross-functional teams and vendors, using project management tools. * Best practices about how communication departments are organized and funded.
* How to leverage your skills as a professional communicator to launch new career opportunities and continuing personal development plans.
This invaluable resource contains job aids, model contracts and project management documents; examples of organizational structures and job descriptions; and assessment tools that you can immediately apply and customize for your own use.
Seven ways to leverage leaders as key communicators and subject matter experts:
1. President-hosted quarterly "Town Hall" meetings.
2. Distributed monthly president's message.
3. President and other leaders hosted regular site visits.
4. President-held regular employee dialogue sessions.
5. Working with HR, launch a leadership training program on communication.
6. Working with HR, incorporate accountability for communication into leaders' performance appraisal process.
7. Develop an electronic toolbox and printed vehicle for leaders.
Ring-bound manual * US$199 member US$299 non-member
* Catalog products marked with an asterisk are also downloadable in PDF format at www.iabc.com/knowledge
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||DEVELOP A BLUEPRINT FOR ORGANIZATIONAL SUCCESS|
|Date:||Jan 1, 2008|
|Previous Article:||The IABC Handbook of Organizational Communication.|
|Next Article:||Crisis Management and Communication: Second Edition.|