Printer Friendly

Man, 62, found dead at home after alert by his worried brother.

A BLACK Country man was found dead at home after he took an overdose of an anti-depressant, an inquest heard.

Police forced entry to the house of Ronald Hodges in Enville Road, Wolverhampton, on October 31 after his brother raised the alarm.

Mr Hodges, 62, who was single and not in work, had 6.4mg of amitriptyline per litre of blood in his system, pathologist Dr Manel Mangalika revealed - three times the level that can be fatal.

Coroner Robin Balmain said Mr Hodges' brother usually spoke to him on the phone every Wednesday but became concerned as he could not get hold of him.

Mr Balmain ruled that death was due to a self-administered excess of amitriptyline.
COPYRIGHT 2013 Birmingham Post & Mail Ltd
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2013 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

 
Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Birmingham Mail (England)
Date:Dec 19, 2013
Words:117
Previous Article:Inadequate children's homes close; Eight youngsters relocated by council.
Next Article:Police team up with pubs for reveller drug checks.

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2018 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters