Man to face bomb hoax charge in court.
Byline: GARETH LIGHTFOOT firstname.lastname@example.org @GazetteCourt
A MAN accused of a Twitter bomb hoax to an airport and stalking two women is to stand trial.
Russel Luke Zoryk, 25, is also accused of sending a white powder - a "noxious substance" - by post and intimidating two detectives.
A jury of six men and six women was sworn in the trial at Teesside Crown Court.
Zoryk denies seven charges - the first two involving the alleged stalking of two women in Middlesbrough between May 2014 and November 2015.
It is alleged he put them "in fear of serious alarm or distress" by sending social media posts, monitoring use of social media and "causing messages to be sent that purported to originate from or relate to" the women.
He denies sending a noxious substance with intent in Middlesbrough on June 21, 2014.
The Crown says he sent a white powder by post to a home, intending the recipients to believe "it was likely to be or contain a noxious substance or other noxious thing and thereby endanger human life or risk to human health".
He denies communicating false information in a tweet on November 19, 2015.
It is alleged the message was intended to make people believe "a bomb or other thing liable to explode or ignite was present in luggage at Newcastle International Airport".
Finally Zoryk, of Muirfield Drive, Mickleover, Derby, denies three counts of intimidation.
The prosecution says he sent threatening emails to two female detectives in the investigation in July and August last year.
Judge Simon Bourne-Arton QC, the Recorder of Middlesbrough, told jurors: "The issue for you to determine is who sent the various messages to either the individual concerned or the organisation involved. "It is said it was this defendant. "The prosecution bring the case against him.
"They have to prove it was he that sent those messages. He says he didn't."
Prosecutor Nicholas Lumley QC is expected to open the case and start calling evidence on Tuesday morning.
Russel Luke Zoryk