Printer Friendly

Man poisoned by medicines.

A 53-YEAR-OLD accidentally poisoned himself by taking too much medicine, an inquest heard.

Peter Hilton, of Ellesmere Port, had health problems and when he could not sleep or felt ill upped his dosage, Cheshire coroner Dr Nicholas Rheinberg was told.

The manual labourer had digestive problems, epileptic seizures and suffered post-traumatic stress.

He was also depressed after the decline and death of his father, who suffered from Alzheim-ers disease, the coroner heard.

Mr Hilton, of Oliver Lane, Great Sutton, was so ill he took more than six different types of medication including anti-depressants, sleeping pills and pain killers, according to his GP.

But he was in a happy frame of mind on March 17 when he went to bed.

It was not until his wife, Lesley went in to see him the next day, that she realised he had died some time in the night.

Dr Rheinberg said that when Mr Hilton was depressed or could not sleep he was "over-enthusiastic" with his medicine.

The coroner ruled that while each of the medicines found in his system were not enough to kill him, the mixture and the alcohol he had drunk poisoned him.
COPYRIGHT 2006 MGN Ltd.
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2006 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

 
Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Liverpool Echo (Liverpool, England)
Date:Jan 9, 2006
Words:193
Previous Article:POOR CAUGHT IN A RAT TRAP; Council refuses to offer discount pest control.
Next Article:FIGHT FOR THE LIFE YOU WANT; TIME TO CHANGE YOUR LIFESTYLE FIT WEEK ONE.

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2018 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters