Printer Friendly

Man dies after swallowing toothpick.

A CYPRUS Airways (CY) air steward left behind a wife and young child last week after swallowing a toothpick.

According to yesterday's Alithia, the air steward fell asleep with a toothpick in his mouth last Wednesday after eating a meal. State pathologist Eleni Antoniou was quoted saying that his subsequent death was a result of asphyxiation by the ingestion of a non-digestible object. She confirmed that part of the toothpick was recovered during her examination.

The young steward from Larnaca had been working for CY for a year and a half. According to the paper, his wife was pregnant with a second child. The funeral took place last Friday.

Copyright Cyprus Mail 2008

Provided by Syndigate.info an Albawaba.com company
COPYRIGHT 2008 Al Bawaba (Middle East) Ltd.
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2008 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Cyprus Mail (Cyprus)
Date:Oct 22, 2008
Words:121
Previous Article:Paphos eyes record kebab for New Year party.
Next Article:Paphos Theatre to be built on Turkish Cypriot land.
Topics:

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2018 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters