Malaysia Information Technology Report Q1 2014 - New Market Report.
Headline Expenditure Projections
Full Report Details at
* Computer Hardware Sales: MYR8.3bn in 2012 to MYR8.7bn in 2013, +4.8% in local currency terms. Sales of tablets will ensure volume growth continues, but with consumers opting for low priced tablets, increases in market value will fail to keep pace.
* Software Sales: MYR2.6bn in 2012 to MYR2.9bn in 2013, +10.1% in local currency terms. Although piracy remains a drag on consumer software sales, SME spending on enterprise resource planning (ERP) and customer relationship management (CRM) is growing, while larger enterprises are deploying increasingly complex solutions.
* IT Services Sales: MYR4.9bn in 2012 to MYR5.3bn in 2013, +8.2% in local currency terms. IT services is expected be the fastest growing segment of the market, with enterprise spending on outsourcing, cloud computing and security services driving demand growth.
Key Trends And Developments
The popularity of tablets is having a major impact on the Malaysian hardware market, although shipments of desktops are not in decline as in more developed markets, with PC vendors able to tap demand from first time buyers. Government procurement is also supporting the market for traditional PC devices via its netbooks for education programme. There have been reports of increasing consumer interest in convertible notebooks/ultrabooks with integrated touch functionality, which BMI believes will take an increasing share of sales through 2014 as vendors innovate with design and prices decline.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- South Africa Information Technology Report Q1 2014
- Venezuela Information Technology Report Q1 2014
- Turkey Information Technology Report Q1 2014
- Colombia Information Technology Report Q1 2014
- Indonesia Information Technology Report Q1 2014
Copyright 2014 UKPRwire Provided by Syndigate.info , an Albawaba.com company
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Jan 9, 2014|
|Previous Article:||"Peru Retail Report Q1 2014" is now available at Fast Market Research.|
|Next Article:||New Market Report Now Available: Singapore Insurance Report Q1 2014.|