Printer Friendly

MP Urmat Amanbayeva's property frozen in connection with embezzlement case.

The property of MP Urmat Amanbayeva (Respublika) has been frozen in connection with the criminal probe launched against her, General Prosecutor Aida Salianova said on November 13.

The State Service to Combat Economic Crimes launched a criminal probe against workers of the Osh TB Center on 14 May 2013, however, the investigation was stopped without any serious reasons in 2013, the General Prosecutor said.

The General Prosecutor's Office re-launched the criminal probe on December 25, 2013.

It was established that the chief accountant of the Osh TB Center, current MP Urmat Amanbayeva, instigated TB Center Director Baisalov and Director of BUM Ltd Uluhozhayeva to overstate the number of TB drugs in documents and to appropriate the public funds. The BUM Ltd is owned by Amanbayeva. The funds from overstatement of TB drugs were transferred to the bank account of the BUM Ltd. 5% of the sum was kept by Uluhozhayeva, the rest 95% was appropriated by Amanbayeva. All documents were prepared by Urmat Amanbayeva herself, General Prosecutor Salianova said.

The chief nurse of the Osh TB Center Kozhonova said that Amanbayeva ordered her to overstate the number of TB drugs in documents. She obeyed her order, the General Prosecutor said.

This fraud scheme used in the period of 2009 to 2013 caused the damage for the state in the amount of 17,263,500 som in the result.

15.329 million som from that sum was transferred to the bank account of BUM Ltd.

23 firms that supplied medicines received only 54% of allocated public funds.

BUM Ltd also participated in the tenders for supply of medicines and won them. Urmat Amanbayeva was chairperson of the tender commission.

When Amanbayeva became an MP, she negotiated with the Osh TB Center Director that she will be replaced by her brother-in-law Asanov. Amanbayeva continued making all documentation and reports until the end of 2013, Aida Salianova said.

BUM Ltd Director Uluhozhayeva gave 2 million som to Amanbayeva in November 2013, when Amanbayeva was already MP.

Osh TB Center Director Baisalov was detained. Property of Amanbayeva and Baisalova is frozen, the General Prosecutor concluded.

News Agency I...IUIypress - 2001-2014 Provided by SyndiGate Media Inc. ( Syndigate.info ).

COPYRIGHT 2014 SyndiGate Media Inc.
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2014 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

 
Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:AKIpress News Agency
Date:Nov 14, 2014
Words:363
Previous Article:Issues of surrogacy, sexual health, sex education and sexual rights cause heated debates among parliamentarians -- MP.
Next Article:Kazakhstan's Serik Konakbayev elected as Vice President of AIBA.

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2018 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters