Printer Friendly

MENDES JUST CAN'T SAY BYE TO BOND.

FILMMAKER Sam Mendes could be heading back to Bond despite saying he would not sign up to make the next film after his success with Skyfall.

The Oscar-winner originally turned down the chance to make the next installment in 007's adventures to concentrate on his theatre work, but is now believed to back in discussions with producers.

Earlier this year, Mendes said he wanted his "complete focus" to be on his stage work including productions of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and King Lear in London.

But a plan that would see work on the next Bond film delayed so Mendes can see the theatre productions through before starting work is now being discussed, sources close to the star said.

Skyfall starred Wirral-raised Daniel Craig and was a critical and commercial success, picking up five Oscar nominations and winning two, including one for Adele for original song, and Bond producer Barbara Broccoli has said she is determined to tempt Mendes back.
COPYRIGHT 2013 MGN Ltd.
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2013 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Liverpool Echo (Liverpool, England)
Date:May 30, 2013
Words:161
Previous Article:COPS SCOUR CCTV IN 2 WEEK HUNT; 8,800 join Facebook page to help search.
Next Article:ECHO Corrections & Clarifications.

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2019 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters