MCC Career Week focuses on special events, job fairs.
Byline: Submitted by McHenry County Community College
McHenry County College will host a Career Week featuring several events to provide career and resume development resources for students and community members in preparation for the Small Business Fair and Job & Internship Fair, both on Tuesday, Oct. 30.
Kicking off the weeklong celebration Tuesday, Oct. 23, is "Manufacturing is Not Dead: The Rise of High-Skill, High-Wage Production Jobs," presented by Lucas Dickson of Emsi, the Career Coach People.
Other highlights include a presentation about how to use LinkedIn for job searching. The event concludes with a Small Business Fair and Job & Internship Fair on Oct. 30.
"We want to build excitement around the two career fairs by offering programs to get people thinking about how to enhance their career planning and hiring potential," said Daniel Ortego, coordinator of Career Services at MCC.
"This year's job and internship fair includes a diverse group of employers who will be accepting applications and answering questions for part-time and full-time positions," he said.
* The manufacturing presentation "Manufacturing is Not Dead: The Rise of High-Skill, High-Wage Production Jobs" by Lucas Dickson of Emsi the Career Coach People will take place at 11 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 23, in the Scot Room, behind the cafeteria in Building B.
* A "Lunch & Learn" for students will take place from noon to 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 24, in Room B166-167. This event is co-sponsored by Student Life.
* Community Career Day will take place Friday, Oct. 26, throughout the day via Facebook. Check out career development videos on MCC Facebook featuring the many services offered by the MCC Career Services Department.
* "LinkedIn and Your Job Search," a presentation by Wayne Breitbarth, nationally-known speaker, author and consultant from Power Formula LLC, will take place from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday, Oct. 29, in Room B166-167. Learn how to use LinkedIn to be more effective in our job search, discover what proactive steps you should take every week on LinkedIn and see why LinkedIn is the No. 1 social media site for recruiters, employers and jobseekers. Free; no advance registration is needed.
* The Small Business Fair will be 8 to 11 a.m. and Job & Internship Fair from 12:30 to 3 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 30, both in the MCC Gym. More than 70 employers from a wide-range of companies will be accepting applications for part-time, entry level through full-time professional opportunities. Jobseekers should come dressed for success.
Career Week events are free and open to the public. For more information, contact the MCC Career Services at email@example.com or call (815) 455-8566.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Daily Herald (Arlington Heights, IL)|
|Date:||Oct 22, 2018|
|Previous Article:||ECC event looks at LGBTQA issues around the world.|
|Next Article:||Chamber Music on the Fox features 'The Romantics'.|