Printer Friendly

MAXUS TESTS OIL WELL IN BOLIVIAN BLOCK

 MAXUS TESTS OIL WELL IN BOLIVIAN BLOCK
 DALLAS, Sept. 8 /PRNewswire/ -- Maxus Energy Corporation (NYSE: MXS)


today announced test results of the Surubi No. 2 well on its Mamore Block in Bolivia. The well tested at a combined rate of 1,530 barrels of oil per day (bpd) and 920 thousand cubic feet of gas per day (mcfpd) from two zones. Maxus previously announced that multiple zones were found in the well.
 The upper zone tested 450 bpd and 450 mcfpd at perforations between 11,050 and 11,088 feet (true vertical depth) with a flowing tubing pressure of 1,150 pounds per square inch and a 14/64-inch choke. This zone has not yet been gravel packed, but will be prior to long-term testing.
 The lower zone, which was gravel packed, tested 1,080 bpd and 470 mcfpd at perforations between 11,161 and 11,203 feet (true vertical depth). The zone had a flowing tubing pressure of 450 pounds per square inch and a 24/64-inch choke. Shut-in pressure at the surface was 1,150 pounds per square inch. The oil gravity is 44 degrees API for both zones.
 Maxus previously announced the successful drilling of the Surubi No. 2 and the drilling and completion of the discovery well, Surubi No. 1. Both wells will be put on long-term testing beginning in October.
 "We're encouraged by the oil flow rates encountered so far," said George Pasley, senior vice president of operations for the southern hemisphere. "We will continue testing to determine the extent of the field and will be evaluating the additional seismic, which is currently being acquired."
 Maxus is operator and holds 100 percent working interest in the 3.4-million-acre block, which is located about 155 miles northwest of Santa Cruz. Under terms of the contract, Maxus will receive, after tax and royalty, 55 percent of the production during the first three years, while YPFB, the Bolivian state oil company, will receive the remaining 45 percent. After the initial three-year period, Maxus and YPFB will split the production 50-50.
 Dallas-based Maxus Energy is a large independent oil and gas exploration and production company with activities in 14 different countries, including the U.S., Indonesia and Ecuador.
 -0- 9/8/92
 /CONTACT: Linda Covington, 214-953-2844, or investors, Jeff Ventura, 214-953-2819, both of Maxus Energy Corporation/
 (MXS) CO: Maxus Energy Corporation ST: Texas IN: OIL SU: DSC


SM -- NY047 -- 7023 09/08/92 12:55 EDT
COPYRIGHT 1992 PR Newswire Association LLC
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 1992 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:PR Newswire
Date:Sep 8, 1992
Words:407
Previous Article:AAMES FINANCIAL CORP. SELLS $9 MILLION SECOND MORTGAGE POOL TO ADVANTA MORTGAGE CORP.
Next Article:SCHULER HOMES INC. A WINNER AT THE 1992 PARADE OF HOMES
Topics:


Related Articles
MAXUS ENERGY MAKES DISCOVERY IN BOLIVIA
MAXUS ANNOUNCES DISCOVERY ON HIGH ISLAND A-376
MAXUS COMPLETES GAS DELINEATION WELL IN INDONESIA
MAXUS ENERGY CORPORATION ANNOUNCES PRELIMINARY RESULTS OF VOLCANERA-1 WELL IN COLOMBIA
MAXUS ENERGY ANNOUNCES TEST RESULTS OF VOLCANERA-1 WELL IN COLOMBIA
DIAMOND SHAMROCK OFFSHORE PARTNERS BEGINS GAS PRODUCTION FROM WEST CAMERON 142, OFFSHORE LOUISIANA
MAXUS ENERGY ANNOUNCES 1,650 B D WELL IN BOLIVIA
MAXUS ENERGY HAS 62 MMcf D GAS DISCOVERY IN INDONESIA
MAXUS ENERGY GIVES RESULTS FROM SOUTHEAST SUMATRA WELLS
ARCO Announces Exploratory Well Success.

Terms of use | Copyright © 2016 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters