Printer Friendly

MAXUS ENERGY MAKES DISCOVERY IN BOLIVIA

 MAXUS ENERGY MAKES DISCOVERY IN BOLIVIA
 DALLAS, Feb. 26 /PRNewswire/ -- Maxus Energy Corporation (NYSE: MXS)


today announced a discovery well in the Mamore Block of Bolivia. The Surubi No. 1 well had 115 feet of net pay in the Cajones formation and tested from two zones (66 feet net pay) at a combined rate of approximately 9 million cubic feet of gas per day (mmcfpd) and 800 barrels of condensate per day (bpd). Additional zones, with a total of 49 feet of net pay, were not tested.
 Surubi No. 1 is located about 155 miles northwest of Santa Cruz and about 19 miles from the nearest pipeline. The well was drilled to a total depth of 14,081 feet. The first of the two largest zones tested at 5.44 mmcfpd and 520 bpd condensate at perforations between 11,103 and 11,133 feet. This interval tested using a 24/64-inch choke and a flowing tubing pressure of 1,550 pounds per square inch.
 The second zone tested at 3.22 mmcfpd and 269 bpd condensate at perforations between 11,017 and 11,067 feet. The second interval was tested using a 20/64-inch choke and a flowing tubing pressure of 1,200 pounds per square inch. The condensate in both tests was 50 degrees API gravity.
 Plans to drill a delineation well have already begun. The second well will spud in early March and will be drilled diagonally from the initial well site.
 "Once we have completed the second well, we will have a good idea of the size of this particular structure," said George Pasley, senior vice president of international. "We could have initial production from this field as soon as early 1993."
 Maxus is operator and holds 100 percent working interest in the block. Under terms of the contract, Maxus will receive 55 percent of the production during the first three years, while YPFB, the state oil company, will receive the remaining 45 percent. After the initial three-year period, Maxus and YPFB split the production 50-50.
 Dallas-based Maxus is one of the largest independent oil and gas exploration and production companies. It currently is active in 15 different countries, including the United States.
 -0- 2/26/92
 /CONTACT: Linda Covington, 214-953-2844 or Doug Graham, 214-953-2819, both of Maxus Energy Corporation/
 (MXS) CO: Maxus Energy Corporation ST: Texas IN: OIL SU: DSC SM -- NY089 -- 3012 02/26/92 17:26 EST
COPYRIGHT 1992 PR Newswire Association LLC
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 1992 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:PR Newswire
Date:Feb 26, 1992
Words:403
Previous Article:MICHAELS STORES ACQUIRES SEATTLE AREA FRANCHISE
Next Article:MOTOROLA PAYS $15.1 MILLION TO SETTLE CLAIMS
Topics:


Related Articles
MAXUS TESTS OIL WELL IN BOLIVIAN BLOCK
MAXUS ANNOUNCES DISCOVERY ON HIGH ISLAND A-376
MAXUS COMPLETES GAS DELINEATION WELL IN INDONESIA
MAXUS ENERGY CORPORATION ANNOUNCES PRELIMINARY RESULTS OF VOLCANERA-1 WELL IN COLOMBIA
MAXUS ENERGY ANNOUNCES TEST RESULTS OF VOLCANERA-1 WELL IN COLOMBIA
DIAMOND SHAMROCK OFFSHORE PARTNERS BEGINS GAS PRODUCTION FROM WEST CAMERON 142, OFFSHORE LOUISIANA
MAXUS ENERGY ANNOUNCES 1,650 B D WELL IN BOLIVIA
MAXUS ENERGY HAS 62 MMcf D GAS DISCOVERY IN INDONESIA
MAXUS ENERGY GIVES RESULTS FROM SOUTHEAST SUMATRA WELLS
ARCO Announces Exploratory Well Success.

Terms of use | Copyright © 2017 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters