M&A Navigator: Deal pipeline - 9 December.
The following is a list of deals covered in detail by M&A Navigator this week:
- US LOT18 EXPANDS INTERNATIONALLY WITH BUY OF VINOBEST IN FRANCE
US online wine seller Lot18 said it had wrapped up the takeover of Paris-based sector player Vinobest, in its first international move part ofA a long-term expansion strategy.
- CALIFORNIA UNITED TO BUY PREMIER COMMERCIAL BANCORP IN USD38M DEAL
US commercial bank California United Bank (OTCBB:CUNB) announced a USD38.1m (EUR28.5m) all-stock deal to acquire Orange County-based Premier Commercial Bancorp (OTCBB:PCBP).
- THUNDER MOUNTAIN GOLD INKS LOI TO BUY GREEN RIVER ENERGY
US precious metals exploration firm Thunder Mountain Gold (OTCBB:THMG) said it inked a non-binding letter of intent to buy local oil and gas company Green River Energy.
- BANCO DO BRASIL DENIES PLAN TO SELL NEOENERGIA STAKE TO IBERDROLA
State-run lender Banco do Brasil said in a filing it was not selling its 11.99% in Neoenergia SA to Iberdrola (MCE:IBE) as part of a deal that would see the Spanish utility buying control of the power producer.
- SUN EUROPEAN PARTNERS BUYS OUT GERMAN RETAILER STRAUSS
Europe-focused buyout firm Sun European Partners has agreed to take over German home decoration and apparel retailer Strauss Innovation from the Geringhoff family and Nordic private equity firm EQT, the latter said in a statement.
- STEEL EXCEL ANNOUNCES BUY OF ROGUE PRESSURE SERVICES
US investor Steel Excel Inc (PINK:SXCL) said it had bought domestic oilfield service firm Rogue Pressure Services LLC, without disclosing the value of the deal.
- DUTCH C STEINWEG BUYS DOMESTIC RIVAL OOSTEROM
Dutch warehousing and logistics services provider C Steinweg has bought domestic metal, stevedoring and warehousing firm J Oosterom & Zoon for an unrevealed amount.
Status: Closed, Speculation
- RUSSIAa[euro](tm)S ROSBANK FULLY ACQUIRES TELSYCOM
Russian OJSC JSCB Rosbank, a subsidiary ofA French banking group Societe Generale SA (EPA:GLE), has bought in full telecommunications firm Telsycom for an undisclosed price.
- ASSECO POLAND TO BUY LOCAL SOFTWARE FIRM ZETO
Software group Asseco Poland said in a statement it had agreed to buy domestic sector player Zeto for PLN42m (USD12.4m/EUR9.3m), as part of a strategy to expand domestically through acquisitions.
- INFINOVA TO SPEND USD89M ON CANADA'S MARCH NETWORKS ACQUISITION
US video surveillance solutions provider Infinova (SHE:002528) said it had agreed to take over Canadian March Networks Corporation (TSE:MN), a specialist in IP video management solutions, for CAD91.4m (USD89.4m/EUR66.9m) in cash.
- PROSPERITY REVEALS BUY OF EAST TEXAS FINANCIAL SERVICES
US financial holding company Prosperity Bancshares (NASDAQ:PRSP) said it had agreed to take over East Texas Financial Services (OTCBB:FFBT), including its First Federal Bank Texas subsidiary, in an all-stock deal.
- BLUE COAT SYSTEMS AGREES TO BE TAKEN PRIVATE BY THOMA BRAVO-LED GROUP
US web security and WAN optimisation solutions group Blue Coat Systems Inc (NASDAQ:BCSI) said it had agreed to be taken private by a group of investors led by buyout firm Thoma Bravo LLC for some USD1.3bn (EUR973.1m).
- MODERN WATER WRAPS UP STRATEGIC DIAGNOSTICS' WATER QUALITY UNIT TAKEOVER
British water technologies provider Modern Water Plc (LON:MWG) said it had completed the acquisition of the water quality division of US biotechnology company Strategic Diagnostics Inc (NASDAQ:SDIX).
- BLACK CASTLE DEVELOPMENTS EXPECTS TO CLOSE BIZM3 BUY NEXT WEEK
US investment vehicle Black Castle Developments Holdings Inc (PINK:BCDH) said it had advanced with its planned acquisition of signage solutions and mobile marketing firm bizM3 Inc and expects to finalise the deal next week.
- KPN TO SELL PART OF DUTCH MOBILE TOWER BUSINESS TO SHERE GROUP
Dutch telecommunications group Royal KPN (AMS:KPN) said it would sell part of its domestic mobile tower operations to a unit of British wireless sites owner Shere Group Limited.
- SECURITAS BUYS CSS INTL IN COSTA RICA
Swedish security solutions group Securitas (STO:SECU B) said it had taken over Costa Rican security services provider CSS Internacional for an enterprise value estimated at SEK56m (USD8.3m/EUR6.2m).
- WORKPLACE SYSTEMS INTL ACCEPTS MANAGEMENT BUYOUT OFFER
British workforce management software maker WorkPlace Systems International plc (LON:WSI) said it had agreed to be taken over by Wasp Management Software Limited (NewCo), a firm backed by its management team and Lloyds TSB Development Capital Limited, at GBP0.25 (USD0.4/EUR0.3) a share.
Status: Bidding, Agreed
- SIEMENS, SHANGHAI ELECTRIC AGREE ON CHINESE WIND POWER JVS
German electronics and electrical engineering group Siemens (ETR:SIE) will form two wind power joint ventures in China with domestic power equipment maker Shanghai Electric (SHA:601727), the two companies said in a joint release.
- TOTAL BOOSTS NOVATEK STAKE WITH USD800M DEAL
French oil and gas major Total (EPA:TOT) said it had completed the purchase of further 2% in Russian Novatek (LON:NVTKL) for some USD800m (EUR600m), raising its stake in the gas producer to 14.09%.
- CORRECTION - UK SINCLAIR IS PHARMA AGREES TO BUY US ADVANCED BIO-TECHNOLOGIES
(Corrects the date of the article and eliminates theA per-share price.)
- APPIRIO AGREES TO BUY SAASPOINT IN UK
US technology-enabled services provider Appirio said it had agreed to buy British cloud consulting services firm Saaspoint, adding a presence in the UK and Ireland.
- PERSHING YOAKLEY, GATESMOORE REVEAL MERGER
US Pershing Yoakley & Associates and GatesMoore, companies specialising in the field of healthcare accounting and consultancy, said they had decided to merge as of 1 January 2012.
- US VIEWPOINT STRIKES DEAL TO BUY HIGHLANDS BANCSHARES
US ViewPoint Financial Group (NASDAQ:VPFG) said it had agreed to buy Highlands Bancshares and its subsidiary, the First National Bank of Jacksboro, in a move to broaden its presence in Dallas.
- DHS HOLDING TAKES OVER SALESKING.COM
US business growth advisory services provider DHS Holding Company (PINK:DHSM) said it had acquired 100% of business and consumer database SalesKing.com.
- OUTOTEC BUYS KILN SERVICES AUSTRALIA BUSINESS
Finnish mining process solutions and technologies provider Outotec Oyj (HEL:OTE1V) said it had bought a furnace refractory demolition business of Kiln Services Australia Pty Ltd for an unrevealed amount.
- RELIANCE CAPITAL DISCUSSES SALE OF GENERAL INSURANCE UNIT STAKE WITH TRAVELERS CO, OTHERS
US insurer Travelers Companies Inc (NYSE:TRV) is among the global companies holding talks to buy 26% in Indian financial services firm Reliance Capital Ltda[euro](tm)s (BOM:500111) general insurance business.
- AVWORKS CLOSES SHARE SWAP WITH YOUNG AVIATION
US AvWorks Aviation (PINK:SPLI) said it had completed a share swap deal with local Young Aviation, a specialist in the field of aircraft parts and services.
- AMERICAN TOWER, MTN GROUP TO SET UP TOWER JV IN UGANDA
US broadcast and wireless communications sites operator American Tower Corp (NYSE:AMT) said it had agreed to create a tower joint venture in Uganda together with South African mobile operator MTN Group Limited, the partners said in a joint release.
- ROSTELECOM TO WEIGH BUYING STAKE IN EUROSET, SVYAZNOY
Russia's telecom group Rostelecom (MCX:RTKM) plans to explore the possibility of buying a stake in domestic mobile phone retailers Euroset or Svyaznoy, following offers from investment banks to review such deal.
- TRAFIGURA'S PUMA ENERGY TO BUY CARIBBEAN OPERATIONS FROM CHEVRON
Dutch-based global commodities trader Trafigura said that its oil unit Puma Energy will buy US oil group Chevron's (NYSE:CVX) fuel marketing and aviation operations in Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands for an undisclosed price.
- PREMIER FOODS AGREES BROOKES AVANA SALE TO 2 SISTERS FOOD UNIT
UK food producer Premier Foods Plc (LON:PFD) has agreed the sale of its Brookes Avana operations to Solways Foods Limited, a subsidiary of UK poultry processing company 2 Sisters Food Group, for GBP30m (USD47m/EUR35m).
- NETIA GETS COMPETITION NOD TO BUY CROWLEY DATA
Polish fixed-network operator Netia (WAR:NET) has been cleared by domestic competition regulator UOKIK to buy alternative telecommunications operator Crowley Data Poland, the watchdog said in a statement.
- GREEN DOT FINALISES BONNEVILLE BANK ACQUISITION
Green Dot Corporation (NYSE: GDOT), a US provider of prepaid financial services, has finalised the purchase of Bonneville Bancorp, the holding company for Utah-based commercial lender Bonneville Bank.
- GORES GROUP FINALISES PURCHASE OF ALPHEUS COMMUNICATIONS
US private equity investor The Gores Group LLC has announced the closure of a deal to acquire fiber-optic network and data center operator Alpheus Communications from Genesis Park LP and El Paso Corporation (NYSE:EP).
- HERSHEY TO BUY CANADA'S BROOKSIDE FOODS
US chocolate maker The Hershey Company (NYSE: HSY) has signed an agreement to buy Canadian confectionery group Brookside Foods Ltd, adding a batch of distinctive products to its portfolio.
- LABCORP RECEIVES FTC APPROVAL FOR ORCHID CELLMARK BUY
The US Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has conditionally approved the USD85.4m (EUR64.1m) acquisition of DNA testing specialist Orchid Cellmark Inc (NASDAQ: ORCH) by Laboratory Corporation of America(R) Holdings (NYSE: LH), or LabCorp.
- ARTHUR J GALLAGHER BUYS INSURANCE BROKER TGA
US insurance broking and risk management company Arthur J Gallagher & Co (NYSE: AJG) said in a statement it had bought Transwestern General Agency Inc (TGA), a wholesale insurance broker and general agent.
- STREAMLINE HEALTH CLOSES INTERPOINT ACQUISITION
US Streamline Health Solutions Inc (NASDAQ:STRM) released a statement to announce the completion of its purchase of Interpoint Partners LLC, a fellow software provider serving the healthcare industry.
- PRIVATE EQUITY GROUPS TABLE SECOND-ROUND BIDS FOR ROTTAPHARM
Several private equity groups have submitted second-round offers for Italian pharmaceutical company Rottapharm.
- RUSSIAN STANDARD SEEKS TO RAISE STAKE IN CEDC
Central European Distribution Corporation (CEDC) announced the receipt of a letter from Russian Standard Corporation, which is proposing to acquire a further 19.9% in the Polish vodka producer and alcoholic beverages importer.
- RSC SCOOPS UP GLOBAL INSURANCE NETWORK
A US insurance and risk management firm Risk Strategies Company (RSC) said in a statement it had bought Global Insurance Network Inc, without providing details of the deal terms.
- SAUER ENERGY SIGNS LOI TO BUY CITY WINDMILLS
US vertical axis wind turbine (VAWT) developer Sauer Energy Inc (OTCBB:SENY) said it had entered into a letter of intent (LoI) to buy sector player City Windmills Inc and its government contract for the wind power sector.
- BNP PARIBAS TO TAKE FULL CONTROL OF INDIAN JV
French lender BNP Paribas SA (EPA:BNP) will buy out its Indian institutional broking joint venture from its local partner Geojit Financial Services (BOM:532285) for INR405m (USD7.83m/EUR5.86m), the Indian company said in a statement.
- GREECE'S PRIVATISATION FUND INVITES INITIAL BIDS FOR CONTROL OF HELLINIKON
The Hellenic Republic Asset Development Fund, in charge of Greece's privatisation programme, invited interested parties to place expressions of interest for a majority stake in Hellinikon SA, a firm managing the site of former international airport of Athens, Hellinikon, by 30 March 2012.
- METRO, BENKO REJECT REPORTED EUR2BN BID FOR KAUFHOF
Spokesmen for Austrian investor Rene Benko and German retailer Metro AG (ETR:MEO) rejected media reports that Benkoa[euro](tm)s group Signa had offered EUR2.05bn (USD2.75bn) for Metroa[euro](tm)s department store chain Kaufhof.
- ANYTHING TECHNOLOGIES MEDIA SIGNS LOI TO ACQUIRE CD REPLICATION FIRM
US multimedia digital apps company AnyThing Technologies Media Inc (PINK:EXMT), or ATM, said it had entered into a letter of intent (LoI) to buy the holding company of local CD and DVD replication firm Global Publishing Inc.
- MTU, SAGEM SIGN MOU ON AVIATION SOFTWARE, HARDWARE JV
German aircraft engines and components maker MTU Aero Engines (ETR:MTX) has entered into a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to form a joint venture with Sagem, a unit of French aerospace and defence group Safran (EPA:SAF), to develop software and hardware for military and civil aviation applications, the companies said in a joint statement.
- PRUDENTIAL MULLS BUYING S KOREA'S TONG YANG LIFE
US life insurance company Prudential Financial (NYSE:PRU) is lured by the opportunity to take control of South Korean Tong Yang Life Insurance.
- CARREFOUR CONFIRMS TALKS ON POTENTIAL DEAL WITH GUYENNE ET GASCOGNE
French retail giant Carrefour (EPA:CA) confirmed it was in talks with domestic Guyenne et Gascogne (EPA:GG) and some of its investorsA on a potential combination deal.
- AXA, GENERALI MOVE FORWARD WITH BIDS FOR HSBC'S GENERAL INSURANCE UNIT
British banking group HSBC Holdings (LON:HSBA) has selected French AXA (EPA:AXA) and Italian Generali (BIT:G) among bidders for the second round in the auction to sell its general insurance activities.
- NOKIA SEEKS TO OFFLOAD LUXURY PHONES UNIT
Finnish mobile phone manufacturer Nokia Oyj (HEL:NOK1V) is in search of buyers for Vertu, a British subsidiary producing luxury handsets.
- US REVOLUTIONARY CONCEPTS SIGNS LOI TO BUY SSM
US technology company Revolutionary Concepts (OTCBB:REVO), or RCI, said it had entered into a letter of intent (LoI) to acquire local firm Security Solutions and Management (SSM).
- TURKRAFT TO FILE FOR MANDATORY TENDER BID FOR USAS
Turkish group Turkraft Holding AS said itA would file an application with the Capital Markets Board for a mandatory tender bid for airport caterer Ucak Servisi Anonim Sirketi (IST:UCAK), or USAS, at TRY3.1925 (USD1.74/EUR1.3) a share.
- STARCAPITAL MAY ACQUIRE BLOHM + VOSS FOR EUR20M-EUR22M
British private equity group Star Capital Partners Ltd could pay between EUR20m (USD26.7m) and EUR22m to acquire German shipbuilder Blohm + Voss GmbH from ThyssenKrupp (ETR:TKA), two dailies said.
- FRENCH SEB DISCUSSES DEAL TO BUY CONTROL IN INDIAN MAHARAJA WHITELINE
French small home appliances maker SEB (EPA:SK) is close to reaching a deal to buy around 55% in Indian sector player Maharaja Whiteline, in a bid to step into the rapidly growing market in India.
- HUNGARY'S ASSET MANAGER COULD DELIST RABA AT REACHING 75% STAKE
Hungarian state-owned asset manager National Asset Management Zrt (NAM) will consider whether to keep the listing of automotive components maker Raba (BDP:RABA) once it reaches 75% in it through its takeover offer.
- NESTLE GETS CHINESE GOVT NOD TO BUY HSU FU CHI INTL STAKE
Chinaa[euro](tm)s commerce ministry has cleared Swiss food group Nestle (VTX:NESN) to buy 60% in candy, cookie and sachima maker Hsu Fu Chi International Ltd (SIN:AS5).
- BLACKS LEISURE GROUP OFFERS ITSELF FOR SALE
British outdoor retailer Blacks Leisure Group Plc (LON:BSLA) unveiled plans to sell itself, or some of its brands, after failing to secure additional needed financing to implement its business strategy.
- IPIC WANTS AT LEAST 25% IN AUSTRIAN OMV
Abu Dhabi's fund International Petroleum Investment Company (IPIC) plans to boost its shareholding in Austrian oil and gas group OMV (WBAG:OMV) to at least 25%, Austria's competition watchdog announced.
- CONOCOPHILLIPS LOOKS TO SELL REFINING BUSINESS IN LOUISIANA
US oil and gas group ConocoPhillips (NYSE:COP) said it was seeking buyers for its refining business Alliance in Louisiana, with the sale process expected to take several months and a final decision to be made in 2012.
- ICAHN LAUNCHES HOSTILE BUYOUT BID FOR COMMERCIAL METALS
US investor Carl Icahn said he had taken his USD1.73bn (EUR1.3bn) buyout bid for Commercial Metals Company (NYSE:CMC) to shareholders after the board of the metal products recycler and manufacturer turned it down as too low and opportunistic.
- CONSORTIUM SET TO SAVE COLLAPSED LUMINAR
Luminar Group Holdings Plc, the UK nightclub operator whose debt burden dragged it into administration in October, is on the brink of being rescued by a trio of seasoned leisure industry executives.
- TALBOTS GETS TAKEOVER BID FROM SYCAMORE PARTNERS
US womena[euro](tm)s clothing and accessories retailer The Talbots Inc (NYSE:TLB) announced that it had received a takeover offer from private equity group Sycamore Partners.
- WAVIN TURNS DOWN IMPROVED MEXICHEM BID
Mexican chemicals group Mexichem SAB de CV (MXK:MEXCHEM) has failed to win over Dutch plastic pipes manufacturer Wavin NV (AMS:WAVIN) despite raising its offer to EUR9 (USD12) per share from EUR8.50.
- SERBIA CLOSE TO A DEAL TO TAKE OTE'S 20% IN TELEKOM SRBIJA
Serbia is nearing a deal to buy back its 20% stake in Telekom Srbija from Greecea[euro](tm)s Hellenic Telecommunications Organization SA (ATH:HTO), or OTE, prime minister Mirko Cvetkovic told reporters.
- YARA INTL EYES MORE BUYS IN LATIN AMERICA, AFRICA
Norwegian fertiliser group Yara International (OSL:YAR) eyes further buys in Africa and Latin America, as it wants to boost its operations in these regions with lower gas prices and growing agricultural sectors.
- BLACKSTONE EYES INVESTMENT IN CHINA, SE ASIA IN 2012
US buyout group Blackstone (NYSE:BX) is looking at China and southeastern Asia as its core focus for investment in 2012, planning to take advantage of the growing consumer markets in the region.
- OMV PLANS SALE OF CROATIA, BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA RETAIL UNITS
Austrian oil and gas group OMV (WBAG:OMV) unveiled plans to sell its retail and commercial operations in Croatia and Bosnia and Herzegovina as it is looking to move away from refining and marketing towards exploration and production.
- DONGFENG, VOLVO PLAN CHINESE JV IN 2012
Chinese commercial vehicles maker Dongfeng Motor Group Co Ltd (HKG:0489) intends to form a 55/45 joint venture with Swedish truck manufacturer Volvo (STO:VOLV B) next year.
- KLOVERN BIDS FOR DAGON
Swedish property group Klovern (STO:KLOV) said it will make a cash and stock takeover offer for Dagon AB (STO:DAG), valuing the domestic rival at SEK62.5 (USD9.2/EUR7) a share, or SEK1.474bn in total.
- VEOLIA TO PULL OUT OF TRANSPORT BUSINESS
French utility Veolia Environnement SA (EPA:VIE) said it would exit its transport business, Veolia Transdev, as part of a restructuring plan involving asset sales and aimed at reducing the companya[euro](tm)s debts.
- ITALIAN GAVIO MAKES BUYOUT OFFER FOR IGLI
Italian builder Gavio has made an offer to buy out the other owners of IGLI, the main shareholder with nearly 30% of domestic construction group Impregilo (BIT:IPG).
- TPG GETS BOOTED FROM ICELAND FOODS RACE
US private equity investor TPG Capital LP has failed to make it to the second bidding round for Iceland Foods Ltd after offering too little for the UK frozen foods retailer.
- ICG GETS READY TO SELL CPA GLOBAL
Intermediate Capital Group plc (LON:ICP), or ICG, the UK mezzanine debt provider and fund manager, has hired advisers with a view to selling patent management firm CPA Global.
- US OMNICARE EXTENDS OFFER FOR PHARMERICA UNTIL JAN 2012
US pharmaceutical company Omnicare Inc (NYSE:OCR) said it had extended its tender offer to buy pharmacy services provider PharMerica Corp (NYSE:PMC) for USD15 (EUR11.15) a share in cash to 20 January 2011, unless extended.
- TURKISH HALKBANK STILL TO DECIDE ON ZIRAAT BANKA SKOPJE BUY
Turkeya[euro](tm)s bank Halkbank (IST:HALKB) said in a statement that its Macedonian business Halk Banka Skopje still had to decide whether to buy local lender Ziraat Banka Skopje.
- RECYLEX PLANS SALE OF GERMAN SUBSIDIARIES TO FOCUS ON CORE BUSINESS
Recylex SA (EPA:RX), a French company specialising in lead and plastics recycling, announced it would sell the two German subsidiaries encompassing its special metals business, in order to concentrate on its core recycling activities.
- AUCHANA TO LOOK AT ESSELUNGA IF OFFERED FOR SALE
French food retailer Auchan would explore the possibility of buying Italian sector player Esselunga if itA were offered for sale.
- ZODIAK IN TALKS TO BUY ENTERTAINMENT ONE
TV production company Zodiak Media Group is holding early-stage discussions to acquire Canadian TV and film distribution business Entertainment One Ltd (LON:ETO).
- CDC CONFIRMS TALKS OVER ACQUIRING SILIC STAKE
Caisse des Depots et Consignations (CDC), a French state-owned financial institution, is negotiating the acquisition of the 44% stake that mutual insurance company Groupama SA owns in Societe Immobiliere de Location pour l'Industrie et le Commerce SA (EPA:SIL), or SILIC.
- DEUTSCHE BAHN SAID TO BE IN ADVANCED TALKS OVER INTERTEC SALE
German state-controlled railway operator Deutsche Bahn AG has reached the advanced stage of talks over the sale of its automotive division, Intertec GmbH.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||M & A Navigator|
|Date:||Dec 9, 2011|
|Previous Article:||US Lot18 expands internationally with buy of Vinobest in France.|
|Next Article:||Virgin Atlantic tables indicative bid for Lufthansa's UK unit BMI.|