M&A Navigator: Deal pipeline - 5 July.
The following is a list of deals covered in detail by M&A Navigator this week:
- WALTER INVESTMENT SAYS ACQUISITION OF GREEN TREE CREDIT SOLUTIONS CLOSED
US mortgage services provider Walter Investment Management Corp (AMEX:WAC) said it had completed the takeover of domestic sector player Green Tree Credit Solutions (GTCS) Holdings LLC.
- CAREFUSION STRIKES USD150M DEAL TO BUY GERMANYa[euro](tm)S ROWA
US medical technology company CareFusion Corp (NYSE:CFN) said it had signed a contract to acquire German pharmacy robotics specialist Rowa for about USD150m (EUR103.6m).
- TYLER TECHNOLOGIES WRAPS UP YOTTA MVS ACQUISITION
US provider of IT solutions and services to government agencies Tyler Technologies (NYSE:TYL) said it had concluded the acquisition of domestic sector player Yotta MVS, in a move to boost its appraisal and tax services.
- WENDY'S/ARBY'S GROUP CLOSES SALE OF ARBY'S CHAIN
US fast-food restaurant operator Wendy's/Arby's Group (NYSE:WEN) said it had finalised the sale of fast food chain Arby's Restaurant Group Inc to private equity firm Roark Capital Group.
- IMMUCOR ANNOUNCES USD2BN DEAL TO BE ACQUIRED BY TPG
US Immucor (NASDAQ:BLUD), a developer of automated instrument-reagent systems for the blood transfusion sector, said it had agreed to be bought by private equity firm TPG Capital in a deal valued at nearly USD2bn (EUR1.4bn).
- OM GROUP STRIKES EUR700M DEAL TO BUY GERMAN VACUUMSCHMELZE
US speciality chemicals supplier OM Group (NYSE:OMG) said it had agreed to buy German magnetic materials maker Vacuumschmelze from One Equity Partners for EUR700m (USD1bn) in a move to expand into Europe.
- CONVIO BUYS BAIGENT DIGITAL IN UK
US software firm Convio (NASDAQ:CNVO) said it had acquired Baigent Digital, a UK-based web design agency specialising in site development and fundraising for the charity sector.
- WESTERN UNION TO TAKE OVER TRAVELEX GLOBAL BUSINESS PAYMENTS
US money transfer and payment services group Western Union (NYSE:WU) said it had struck a GBP606m (USD976m/EUR674.5m) cash deal to buy the Travelex Global Business Payments unit (TGBP) of British foreign currency exchange services company Travelex Holdings.
- VIRTUSA ANNOUNCES BUY OF ADVISORY FIRM ALAS CONSULTING
US business consulting and outsourcing services firm Virtusa Corp (NASDAQ:VRTU) said it had taken over ALaS Consulting LLC, a domestic provider of consulting and advisory services to financial services segment, for USD27.8m (EUR19.2m) in cash.
- DOVER WRAPS UP USD855M TAKEOVER OF NXPa[euro](tm)S SOUND SOLUTIONS UNIT
US components and equipment manufacturer Dover Corp (NYSE:DOV) said it had closed its acquisition of the Vienna-based Sound Solutions business of Dutch semiconductor supplier NXP (NASDAQ:NXPI) for USD855m (EUR590.9m) in cash.
- US II-VI TO BUY AEGIS LIGHTWAVE FOR AT LEAST USD52M
US crystalline compounds maker II-VI (NASDAQ:IIVI) said it was taking over tunable optical devices specialist Aegis Lightwave for an initial price of USD52m (EUR35.9m).
- STRAUMANN BUYS INTO DENTAL WINGS
Swiss restorative dentistry specialist Straumann (SWF:STMN) said it had bought 30% in Canadian privately-owned digital dentistry firm Dental Wings, for an unrevealed amount.
- YULE CATTO SAID TO BE TAKEOVER TARGET OF DOW CHEMICAL
British chemical company Yule Catto & Co (LON:YULC) is speculated to be the target of a takeover bid by US Dow Chemical (NYSE:DOW).
Status: Bidding, Speculation
- CONCUR COMPLETES BUY OF GLOBALEXPENSE IN UK
US integrated travel and expense management solutions firm Concur (NASDAQ:CNQR) said in a press release it had closed the acquisition of British web-based sector player GlobalExpense.
- GRACE FINALISES BUY OF WATERPROOFING PRODUCTS DEVELOPER DE NEEF CONCHEM
US speciality chemicals maker W. R. Grace & Co (NYSE:GRA) said its operating unit Grace Construction Products had closed a deal to buy Belgium-based waterproofing products group De Neef Conchem.
- ENERGY TRANSFER INCREASES OFFER FOR SOUTHERN UNION TO USD5.1BN
US natural gas investor Energy Transfer Equity (NYSE:ETE) said it had raised its takeover offer for gas storage and transportation firm Southern Union Company (NYSE:SUG) to USD5.1bn (EUR3.5bn) in cash and stock and had revised the initial agreement.
- DANISH SITECORE ACQUIRES DUTCH SOFTWARE FIRM PECTORA
Danish software company Sitecore announced in a statement it had taken control of Netherlands-based Web publishing solutions provider Pectora for a non-specified amount.
- TEREX EXTENDS DEADLINE ON DEMAG BID TO 19 JULY, OWNS 72.8%
US equipment and machinery maker Terex Corp (NYSE:TEX) said in a statement it had extended to 19 July the acceptance period on its EUR45.50 (USD65.83) per share takeover offer for Demag Cranes (ETR:D9C), after having secured 72.8% in the German crane manufacturer so far.
Status: Agreed, Bidding
- UK ALLOCATE SOFTWARE TAKES OVER ROSTERON IN AUSTRALIA
UK software developer Allocate Software (LON:ALL) unveiled the acquisition of Australian workforce management software provider RosterOn for AUD3m (USD3.2m/EUR2.2m) as part of a plan to expand in the local healthcare market.
- AEGIS SIGNS DEAL TO BUY JAPANESE FILEFIX
British marketing services group Aegis (LON:AGS) said it had entered into an agreement to take over Japanese full service digital agency Filefix without disclosing the purchase price.
- CHARTER INTL BUYS 60% IN BRAZILIAN CONDOR EQUIPAMENTOS
British engineering group Charter International (LON:CHTR) said it had taken 60% in Brazilian industrial gas equipment maker Condor Equipamentos Industriais Ltda for an undisclosed price.
- ENBW WEIGHS SALE OF GRID STAKE
German energy group EnBW (ETR:EBK) could sell a stake in its high-voltage power grid, potentially to infrastructure funds, but no final decision has yet been made.
- AEROPORTS DE PARIS, JCDECAUX UNVEIL ADVERTISING JV
French airport group Aeroports de Paris (EPA:ADP) and outdoor advertising firm JCDecaux (EPA:DEC) said they have set up a joint venture under the name of Media Aeroports de Paris.
- BASF COULD RECEIVE EUR600M IN INEOS JV DEAL
German chemicals giant BASF (ETR:BAS) will get EUR600m (USD869m) from British sector player Ineos as part of their joint venture deal as it has contributed more assets to the JV than its partner.
- UK ARGYLL UNVEILS SALE OF KAIZO BUSINESS
British communications consultancy group Argyll Consultancies (LON:ARGC) said it will sell its public relations consultancy business Kaizo to BHMM, which is controlled by a number of Argyll directors, for a total of GBP75,000 (USD120,000/EUR132,000).
- VOLKSBANKEN INTL'S SALE SEEN BY END-JUL
Volksbanken International (VBI), the eastern European unit of Oesterreichische Volksbanken (WBAG:VBPS), or OeVAG, may be sold to Russian Sberbank (MCX:SBER03) by the end of July.
- SANTANDER FILES FOR WAIVER TO LAUNCH TAKEOVER OFFER FOR METROVACESA
Spanish lender Banco Santander (MCE:SAN) has asked the securities market regulator CNMV to exempt it from the obligation to launch a takeover offer for Metrovacesa (MCE:MVC) if it exceeds shareholding limit following the planned capital hike at the property group.
- ABN AMRO WEIGHS POSSIBLE SALE OF SWISS PRIVATE BANKING UNIT
Dutch state-owned lender ABN Amro Bank is considering selling its Swiss private banking operations.
Status: Speculation, Auction
- DHL DIVESTS DOMESTIC DELIVERY BUSINESS IN CHINA
DHL, the logistics and express delivery unit of Deutsche Post (ETR:DPW), has divested its Chinese domestic express delivery business to China's Unitop Industry.
- SWEDENa[euro](tm)S PEAB AGREES TO TAKE 65% OF NORWEGIAN TERJE HANSEN
Swedish building group Peab (STO:PEAB B) said it had sealed a deal to acquire a 65% stake in Norwegian asphalt producer Terje Hansen for an undisclosed purchase price.
- NIPPON LIFE REPORTEDLY TO BUY INTO ALLIANZ
Japanese Nippon Life Insurance is said to be ready to pay EUR500m (USD724m) for a shareholding of between 1% and 2% in German sector player Allianz (ETR:ALV).
- KBC'S KBL UNIT SALE SAID TO ATTRACT BIG INTEREST
Belgian finance group KBC (EBR:KBC) expects the auction of its Luxembourg-based KBL European Private Bankers unit to draw the interest of about 10 potential buyers during the first bidding round.
- AVNET COMPLETES ACQUISITION OF AMOSDEC IN FRANCE
US electronic components distributor Avnet (NYSE:AVT) said it has finalised the purchase of French IT distributor Amosdec, aimed at boosting its presence in the country.
- VIENNA INSURANCE STILL INTERESTED IN POLISH WARTA
Vienna Insurance Group (WBAG:VIG) is still interested in the takeover of Polish sector player Warta, part of Belgian KBC Groep (EBR:KBC).
- HANA SAYS TO EXTEND KEB DEAL TO DEC
South Korean Hana Financial (SEO:086790) said it will extend by six months to December 2011 the completion of its planned USD4.3bn (EUR2.9bn) acquisition of US private equity firm Lone Stara[euro](tm)s 51% in Korea Exchange Bank (SEO:004940), or KEB.
Status: Agreed, Delayed
- RWE NOT IN HURRY TO SELL BRITISH NPOWER
German utility RWE (ETR:RWE) is understood to be in no rush to dispose of British electricity supplier Npower.
Status: Auction, Speculation
- CAPGEMINI UNVEILS TAKEOVER OF ITALIAN AIVE
French consulting and IT services provider Capgemini (EPA:CAP) said it has agreed to take over Italian IT service company AIVE Group in a deal with an enterprise value of EUR42.9m (USD62.1m).
- PPR TO GET MAJORITY IN SWISS WATCHMAKER SOWIND GROUP
French luxury goods group PPR (EPA:PP) said it would increase its stake in Swiss watchmaker Sowind Group to 50.1% from 23% after fully subscribing to a capital increase directed at it.
- PUBLICIS CLOSES ROSETTA BUY
French advertising group Publicis (EPA:PUB) said it had completed the acquisition of US digital agency Rosetta Marketing for USD575m (EUR397.1m) in cash.
- BXR GROUP CUTS NWR STAKE
Dutch-based international investment group BXR has reduced its interest in Czech coal miner New World Resources (LON:NWR) to 63.81% from 64.3%.
- BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO LOOKS AT BULGARTABAK
British American Tobacco (LON:BATS) is planning a takeover bid, along with other two parties, for Bulgaria's 79.8% stake in cigarette maker Bulgartabak (BUL:57B).
- EBAY GETS REGULATORY NOD TO MERGE S KOREAN UNITS
South Korean Fair Trade Commission said it had unconditionally cleared the plans of US online auctioneer eBay (NASDAQ:EBAY) to combine its local e-commerce businesses eBay Auction Co Ltd and Gmarket.
- PUBLICIS BUYS OUT SWISS AD AGENCY SPILLMANN/FELSER/LEO BURNETT
French advertising group Publicis (EPA:PUB) said it had acquired the remaining 60% it did not already own in Swiss advertising agency Spillmann/Felser/Leo Burnett for an undisclosed sum.
- ENTREPOSE CONTRACTING BUYS GEOMETRIC DRILLING IN SCOTLAND
French engineering company Entrepose Contracting (EPA:ENTC) said it had acquired via its Cofor Ltd unit the entire business and assets of onshore drilling contractor Geometric Drilling in Stirling, Scotland.
- DEAL SNAPSHOT: ORKLA BUYS MORE OF BWG HOMES
Norwegian diversified group Orkla (OSL:ORK) said it had increased its stake in domestic homebuilding group BWG Homes ASA (OSL:BWG) to 7.22%, or 7.1m shares, after buying a further 700,000 of its shares.
- CARREFOUR'S BOARD OKAYS MERGER IN BRAZIL
The board of directors of retailer Carrefour (EPA:CA) approved the merger of the company's Brazil business with that of sector player Grupo Pao de Acucar (CBD), the French company said.
- PRIVATE EQUITY FIRMS LINE UP FOR 20% OF SPANISH BMN
Buyout firms Carlyle, Apax Partners, Cerberus and TPG have placed bids to acquire a 20% interest in Spanish savings bank Banco Mare Nostrum (BMN).
- NESTLE CONFIRMS PRELIMINARY TALKS WITH HSU FU CHI
Swiss nutrition group Nestle (VTX:NESN) confirmed in a statement it was in preliminary, confidential negotiations with Chinese confectionery maker Hsu Fu Chi (SIN:AS5), without giving further details.
- GOLDMAN SACHS HELPS RWE EXAMINE OPTIONS FOR NPOWER UNIT
Germanya[euro](tm)s RWE (ETR:RWE) has appointed Goldman Sachs (NYSE:GS) to assist the power and gas utility in evaluating the options for its UK energy unit Npower, including a possible sale.
- NORWAYa[euro](tm)S DNO, RAK PETROLEUM SIGN UNITS COMBINATION DEAL
Norwegian operator DNO International (OSL:DNO) has entered into a heads of agreement with RAK Petroleum which calls for the UAE-based oil and gas group to merge its Middle East and North African units into a subsidiary of DNO.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||M & A Navigator|
|Date:||Jul 5, 2011|
|Previous Article:||Walter Investment says acquisition of Green Tree Credit Solutions closed.|
|Next Article:||Deckers Outdoor closes buy of sports shoe brand Sanuk.|