M&A Navigator: Deal pipeline - 29 November.
The following is a list of deals covered in detail by M&A Navigator this week:
-BRITISH LYCEUM CAPITAL TAKES OVER CLEARSWIFT
British private equity firm Lyceum Capital Partners LLP said it had taken control of digital security software company Clearswift Ltd for an undisclosed price.
- SKYVIEW'S NEWNET TO BUY NOKIA SIEMENS' WIMAX ACTIVITIES
US investor Skyview Capital LLCa[euro](tm)s portfolio firm NewNet Communication Technologies LLC has agreed to buy the WiMAX operations of Finland-based Nokia Siemens Networks, the latter said in a statement.
- ROMANIAN REGULATOR CLEARS EFG EUROBANK ERGASIAS, ALPHA BANK MERGER
Romaniaa[euro](tm)s competition regulator announced it had approved the merger of Greek banks EFG Eurobank Ergasias SA (ATH:EUROB) and Alpha Bank AE (ATH:ALPHA), part of Greek banking group Alpha.
- IRISH WPP TO ACQUIRE US GLOVER PARK GROUP
Irish communications services group WPP (LON:WPP) said it had reached an agreement to buy US-based sector player The Glover Park Group (GPG) for a non-specified price.
- AT&T TALKS TO LEAP ABOUT POTENTIAL DISPOSALS
AT&T (NYSE:T) is negotiating a potential disposal of some operations to Leap Wireless International Inc (PINK:LEAPL), as part of its efforts to win regulatory clearance for its planned USD39bn (EUR29.3bn) buy of T-Mobile USA.
- COMMERZBANK MAY TRANSFER EUROHYPO ARM TO STATE
German lender Commerzbank AG (ETR:CBK) could offload its troubled mortgage arm Eurohypo to the government as it aims to avoid a new inquiry by the European Commission (EC).
- COMPARENETWORKS BUYS LIFE SCIENCE B2B PUBLICATIONS FIRM
US business-to-business (B2B) marketplaces provider CompareNetworks Inc said in a statement it had bought life science B2B publications firm Russell Publishing LLC.
- THYSSENKRUPP TAKES OVER OTTO CORP IN JAPAN
German steel producer ThyssenKrupp AG (ETR:TKA) said it had acquired Japanese Otto Corp for an undisclosed amount in a drive to grow market presence in the coke plant technologies area.
- KMRD PARTNERS ANNOUNCES BUY OF GENERAL INSURCORP
KMRD Partners Risk & Insurance Solutions, part of US risk management consulting and brokerage firm KMRD Partners Inc, said it had taken over insurance agency General InsurCorp.
- SWEDEN'S CATELLA TAKES MINORITY IN INVESTMENT MANAGER IPM
Swedish investment firm Catella AB (STO:SCRI B) announced it had bought just over 5% in the Dutch holding company of Stockholm-based investment manager IPM Informed Portfolio Management AB.
- US LIONS GATE, SUMMIT CONSIDER MERGER
US film studios Lions Gate Entertainment Corp (NYSE:LGF) and Summit Entertainment LLC are negotiating a possible merger.
- XEROX'S ACS BUYS EMR EDUCATION TECH GROUP BREAKAWAY
US business process and information technology services firm ACS, part of Xerox Corp (NYSE:XRX), said it had taken over electronic medical records (EMR) education technology specialist The Breakaway Group.
- CIC, BLACKSTONE INVEST IN CHINESE PROPERTY JV WITH GREENTOWN
Wealth fund China Investment Corp (CIC) and US buyout group Blackstone (NYSE:BX) have made investments in a property joint venture with real estate developer Greentown China (HKG:3900).
- CONAGRA FOODS BECOMES MAJORITY OWNER OF INDIAN AGRO TECH FOODS
US food maker ConAgra Foods Inc (NYSE:CAG) said it had invested some USD10m (EUR7.5m) to raise its stake in Indian sector player Agro Tech Foods Limited (BOM:500215), or ATFL, to over 50% and became its majority shareholder.
- SHAREHOLDER DENIES RUMOUR INTESA MAY BUY MONTE PASCHI
A leading stockholder in Intesa Sanpaolo (BIT:ISP) denied information that the Italian lender may acquire troubled bank Monte dei Paschi di Siena SpA.
- GREEK OTE DISCUSSES SALE OF TELEKOM SRBIJA STAKE
Greek telecommunications group Hellenic Telecommunications Organization SA (ATH:HTO), or OTE, is discussing with Telekom Srbija a deal to sell it back its 20% interest in it, the vendor said in a bourse statement.
- HCP ACQUIRES MAJORITY STAKE IN POLARIS HOSPITAL
US middle-market buyout firm HCP & Co said in a press release it had bought a majority interest in Tennessee-based Polaris Hospital Co LLC.
- HAVERFORD MAY REDUCE BID FOR OMEGA STAKE
Bermuda-based insurer and reinsurer Omega Insurance (LON:OIH) said that suitor Haverford (Bermuda) Ltd may reduce the price of its offer to buy 25% in the company, but had made no new bid yet.
Status: Bidding, Agreed
- FRANCE'S VIADEO ACQUIRES DUTCH CONTACT MANAGEMENT FIRM SOOCIAL
French professional social network Viadeo SA said it had bought Dutch contact management and synchronisation start-up Soocial BV.
- US SILVER LAKE, MICROSOFT EYE MINORITY STAKE IN YAHOO!
US private investment firm Silver Lake is considering a joint bid with software company Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT) for a minority share in digital media company Yahoo! Inc (NASDAQ:YHOO).
- CHINESE NBHX BUYS SELLNER GROUP'S GERMAN, US UNITS
Chinese automotive interior components firm NBHX Ningbo Huaxiang Electronic Co Ltd has bought the German and US units of wood-veneer trim and interior plastic parts maker Sellner Group, the buyer said, without providing financial details.
- RUSSIAN STANDARD VODKA BUYS INTO CEDC
Billionaire Roustam Tarikoa[euro](tm)s vodka producer Russian Standard Vodka has taken 9.9% in Central European Distribution Corp (NASDAQ:CEDC), which analysts see as a takeover target or candidate for break-up after its shares plunged over 80% so far this year.
- RUSSIA OKAYS MICROSOFT'S ACQUISITION OF SKYPE
Russia's Federal Antimonopoly Service gave the green light to the local unit of US software giant Microsoft Corp (NASDAQ:MSFT) to buy the domestic division of Luxembourg-based Internet phone company Skype Global Sarl.
Status: Agreed, Closed
- BRITISH ELECTRA AGREES TO SELL CSG STAKE TO US KKR FOR USD1.1BN
British investment trust Electra Private Equity Plc (LON:ELTA) said it had agreed to offload its stake in Capital Safety Group (CSG), a manufacturer of fall protection and height safety equipment, to US private equity and venture capital company KKR & Co LP (NYSE:KKR) for some USD1.1bn (EUR823m).
- WPP BUYS INTO SOFTWARE FIRM LUMI TECHNOLOGIES
Irish communications services group WPP (LON:WPP) said it had taken a minority stake in London-based mobile engagement services and software firm Lumi Technologies Limited, without giving details about the size of the investment.
- PGNIG GETS COMPETITION REGULATOR'S NOD TO BUY POLISH VATTENFALL ASSETS
The Polish competition regulator UOKiK said in a statement it had ruled in favour of gas producer PGNiGa[euro](tm)s (WAR:PGN) planned PLN2.96bn (USD878m/EUR654.5m) acquisition of some of the local operations of Swedish utility Vattenfall.
- SIF 2 MOLDOVA SHAREHOLDERS APPROVE SALE OF BCR STAKE TO ERSTE
Romanian investment fund SIF 2 Moldova (BSE:SIF2) said in a statement its stockholders had cleared the sale of a 6% stake in Banca Comerciala Romana SA (BCR) to Austriaa[euro](tm)s Erste Bank Group AG (WBAG:EBS).
- REMY COINTREAU HAS UP TO EUR800M CASH FOR BUYS
French wines and spirits company Remy Cointreau (EPA:RCO) has up to EUR800m (USD1.07bn) available cash for takeover deals.
- PUBLICIS TO TAKE OVER CHINESE MARKETING AGENCY GOMYE
French advertising group Publicis Groupe (EPA:PUB) said it is buying Chinese interactive market services agency Gomye in a move to step up its digital expansion in the growing market.
- CARLYLE TO ACQUIRE 42% IN SAUDI FOOD FIRM AL JAMMAZ
US buyout firm Carlyle Group will acquire a 42% stake in Saudi food group Al Jammaz.
- VIENNA INSURANCE INKS DEAL TO BUY 75% IN POLISH POLISA
Vienna Insurance Group AG (WBAG:VIG) said it had signed a deal to buy a minimum 75% plus one share in Polish life insurer Towarzystwo Ubezpieczen na Zycie Polisa- Zycie SA (Polisa), in a bid to boost its life insurance business in this core market.
- DANISH ROCKWOOL FINALISES FAST BUY IN POLAND
Danish stone wool-based systems supplier Rockwool International A/S (CPH:ROCK B) announced it had completed the acquisition of Polish insulation specialist Fast sp zoo after securing the required nods.
- US BLACKROCK BUYS 5.15% IN BRAZILIAN OIL FIRM HRT
US investment manager BlackRock Inc (NYSE:BLK) has acquired a 5.15% interest in Brazilian oil firm HRT Participacoes em Petroleo SA (SAO:HRTP3) for an undisclosed sum.
- THALES TO RAISE DCNS STAKE TO 35%
French aerospace and defence group Thales (EPA:HO) is getting ready to invest some EUR260m (USD347.5m) to raise its interest in domestic naval defence company DCNS to 35% from 25%.
- TBIF GETS RUSSIA'S CLEARANCE TO BUY HALF OF SOVCOMBANK
The Russian competition watchdog said it had given the thumbs up to TBIF Russian Holdings 2 BV, part of Dutch investment fund TBIF Financial Services BV, to acquire 50% of Russian lender Sovcombank.
- TWITTER BUYS US MOBILE SECURITY START-UP WHISPER SYSTEMS
Twitter Inc has taken over US start-up Whisper Systems, which develops security software for mobile devices.
- SGS NEARS DEAL TO BUY CIMM T&S IN CHILE
Swiss goods and services inspection specialist SGS SA (VTX:SGSN) said it was in final talks to buy CIMM Tecnologias y Servicios SA (CIMM T&S), a unit of Chilean Centro de Investigacion Minera y Metalurgica (CIMM), without disclosing the value of the deal.
- CAMECO ABANDONS BIDDING WAR WITH RIO TINTO FOR HATHOR
Canadian uranium producer Cameco Corp (TSE:CCO) said it will not raise or extend its CAD4.5 (USD4.4/EUR3.3) a share hostile takeover offer for uranium explorer Hathor Exploration (TSE:HAT), clearing the way for the latter's friendly CAD654m deal with Rio Tinto (LON:RIO, ASX:RIO).
Status: Agreed, Terminated
- STANDARD CHARTERED CALLS OFF TALKS TO BUY PIRAEUS BANK'S EGYPTIAN UNIT
Greek Piraeus Bank (ATH:TPEIR) said British lender Standard Chartered (LON:STAN) had terminated negotiations to buy its business in Egypt, claiming tough conditions in the global macroeconomy.
- KKR TO BUY CAPITAL SAFETY FOR USD1.2BN
US buyout group KKR & Co LP (NYSE:KKR) unveiled a USD1.2bn (EUR898m) deal to take over fall protection equipment specialist Capital Safety from Arle Capital Partners.
- US DOJ INVESTIGATES DEL MONTE FOODS BUYOUT BY KKR-LED GROUP
The US Department of Justice (DOJ) has launched an investigation into antitrust claims related to the USD4bn (EUR2.9bn) deal by a private equity group led by KKR & Co (NYSE:KKR) to buy US pet food group Del Monte Foods (NYSE:DLM).
- UGI CORP, AMERIGAS TO ALLOW MORE TIME FOR FTC'S REVIEW OF ENERGY TRANSFER DEAL
US propane distributor UGI Corporation (NYSE:UGI) said it will re-file for a new waiting period under the the Hart-Scott-Rodino regulation on 30 November 2011 to allow the the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) 30 more days to review its unit AmeriGas Propane Inc's planned buy of the propate unit of Energy Transfer Partners LP.
- AOL IS NOT INTERESTED IN BUYING YAHOO! ASSETS
US online services provider AOL Inc (NYSE:AOL) is not looking to acquire any operations of Internet group Yahoo! Inc (NASDAQ:YHOO).
- SLOVENIAN CONSORTIUM PUTS STAKE IN SPA RESORT THERMANA UP FOR SALE
A group of six companies from Slovenia has put a combined 51.96% interest in spa resort Thermana on the block.
- ATLANTIC COAST FINANCIAL CORP PICKS ADVISOR TO EXPLORE STRATEGIC OPTIONS
US Atlantic Coast Financial Corp (NASDAQ:ACFC), the holding company for Atlantic Coast Bank, said it had hired Stifel, Nicolaus & Company Inc to advise it on strategic options, including a potential business combination.
- RBS EXAMINES TAKEOVER BIDS FOR AIRCRAFT LEASING UNIT
Royal Bank of Scotland Group (LON:RBS) is reviewing final offers for the acquisition of its aircraft leasing unit, RBS Aviation Capital, with plans to choose a preferred bidder in early 2012.
- PATSYSTEMS TO LOOK INTO TAKEOVER BID FROM ION TRADING
British trading software provider Patsystems Plc (LON:PTS) said its board would look into a GBP0.14 (USD0.22/EUR0.16)A a share cash takeover proposal from its largest investor ION Trading.
- BNP PARIBAS CONSIDERS SELLING PE PORTFOLIO
French lender BNP Paribas SA (EPA:BNP) is mulling over selling a private equity portfolio worth over USD700m (EUR524m).
Status: Talks, Auction
- WEBB CAPITAL DROPS PLAN TO BUY RIVINGTON STREET UNIT
British financial services group Webb Capital Plc (OFEX:WCAP) said it will no longer pursue a deal to buy the corporate finance and broking unit of Rivington Street Holdings Plc (OFEX:RIVP), after the latter decided to terminate their agreement.
Status: Terminated, Bidding
- ATOS ORIGIN PLANS TO EXPAND IN CHINA
French IT services group Atos Origin is looking for opportunities to boost its business in China.
- SIGNA PLANS TO EXPAND KAUFHOF IF BID SUCCEEDS
Austrian property investor Signa will expand Kaufhof in Germany and the neighboring markets if it succeeds in buying the department store chain from retailer Metro AG (ETR:MEO).
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||M & A Navigator|
|Date:||Nov 29, 2011|
|Previous Article:||British Lyceum Capital takes over Clearswift.|
|Next Article:||Deal snapshot: UGI CORP, AMERIGAS TO ALLOW MORE TIME FOR FTC'S REVIEW OF ENERGY TRANSFER DEAL.|