M&A Navigator: Deal pipeline - 22 October.
The following is a list of deals covered in detail by M&A Navigator this week:
- KABAM ON GROWTH SPREE BUYS WONDERHILL
Facebook games developer Kabam said it has acquired San Francisco-based sector firm WonderHill for an undisclosed amount as the company continues to grow its business.
- RUSSIAN INTERRAO TARGETS 4.1% IN POWER GRID FSK
Russian power utility and trader InterRao (MCX:IRAO) wants to take a 4.1% stake in local power grid FSK (MCX:FEES), which may be offered for sale by the government.
- GERMAN INCITY IMMOBILIEN SELLS MAJORITY STAKE IN INFORMICA REAL INVEST
German real estate firm Incity Immobilien AG (ETR:IC8) has sold its 82.21% direct and indirect stake in sector player Informica Real Invest AG (ETR:IDE) to Q Realstate GmbH, an international investor group.
- SWEDISH PANDOX CLOSES BUY OF NORWEGIAN PEER NORGANI
Swedish hotel property company Pandox said it had rounded off the purchase of Norwegian rival Norgani, after meeting funding conditions attached to the deal and receiving regulatory clearance.
- MOL SAYS NOT IN TALKS TO BUY BACK STAKE FROM SURGUT
Hungarian oil and gas company MOL Magyar Olaj-es Gazipari (BDP:MOL) denied being in direct negotiations for the buy-back of its 21.1% stake owned by Russian peer Surgutneftegaz (MCX:SNGS).
- WASAG SHARES GAIN ON TRADERS TALK OF DOW CHEMICAL INTEREST
German speciality chemicals maker H&R Wasag (ETR:WAS) saw its shares up by 3.2% amid market talk that US peer Dow Chemical (NYSE:DOW) could be preparing a takeover bid for the German group.
- VENTAS CONFIRMS DEAL TO BUY ATRIA'S PROPERTY ASSETS FOR USD1.5BN
US real estate investment trust Ventas (NYSE:VTR) confirmed it had struck a deal to buy the real estate assets of assisted-living centre operator Atria Senior Living Group for USD1.5bn (EUR1.1bn) in cash and stock.
- DUTCH THIEME SELLS TWO UNITS TO MANAGEMENT
Troubled Dutch publishing, printing and media group Thieme has sold its units Thieme MediaCenter Rotterdam and Royal De Swart The Hague to their respective management teams.
- CATERPILLAR TO ACQUIRE GERMAN MWM HOLDING FOR USD807M
US construction and mining equipment maker Caterpillar (NYSE:CAT) said it has agreed to acquire Germany-based alternative engines supplier MWM Holding from 3i Group (LON:III) for nearly EUR580m (USD807m) in cash.
- SWISS GARMIN ACQUIRES NORWAY-BASED DISTRIBUTOR BELANOR
Swiss satellite navigation provider Garmin (NASDAQ:GRMN) said it has taken ownership of Belanor, its automotive, outdoor recreation, fitness and marine products distributor in Norway, for an undisclosed sum.
- MONOMOY CAPITAL PARTNERS TO SELL PORTFOLIO FIRM BARJAN TO TSC GLOBAL
US private equity fund Monomoy Capital Partners said it had reached a definitive agreement to dispose of consumer products distributor Barjan, part of its portfolio, to peer TSC Global.
- US PMC-SIERRA SAYS BUYING WINTEGRA FOR USD240M
US PMC-Sierra (NASDAQ:PMCS), a provider of Internet infrastructure semiconductor solutions, said it had entered a definitive deal to buy local Wintegra, a specialist in network processors for mobile backhaul equipment, for USD240m (EUR173m) cash.
- GERMAN ISRA VISION ON THE LOOK-OUT FOR ACQUISITIONS
German software developer for intelligent machine vision systems Isra Vision (ETR:ISR) will explore potential acquisitions in a move to expand its regional presence and boost its product and technology portfolio.
- US TRANSCEND TAKES OVER HEARTLAND
US medical transcription firm Transcend Services (NASDAQ:TRCR) said it has bought Ohio-based sector player Heartland for USD6.5m (EUR4.7m) in cash, including the pay off of nearly USD1m of debt.
- IBM ACQUIRES OPENPAGES
US IT company IBM (NYSE:IBM) said it has closed the acquisition of risk management software provider Openpages following its strategy to grow its business analytics unit.
- PARTYGAMING SAYS MERGER WITH BWIN TO CLOSE IN FIRST QUARTER 2011
UK online gaming company PartyGaming (LON:PRTY) said its proposed tie-up with Austrian sector player Bwin (WBAG:BWIN) is on track to materialise in the first quarter of 2011, to create the worlda[euro](tm)s largest Internet gaming company.
- IBM BUYS CANADIAN SOFTWARE FIRM CLARITY SYSTEMS
IBM (NYSE:IBM) said it had bought Canadian Clarity Systems, a financial governance software provider, for an undisclosed price, to further broaden its business analytics software portfolio.
- IRISH GOVT SHORTLISTS CARDINAL, IRISH LIFE FINAL BIDDERS FOR EBS
The Irish government has picked retail banking and life assurance group Irish Life & Permanent (ISE:IPM) and private equity firm Cardinal Asset Management as the final bidders for the acquisition of state-controlled building society EBS.
- KKR LOOKS AT ING'S REAL ESTATE UNIT
US private equity firm KKR & Co (NYSE:KKR) is considering to make a takeover bid for the international real estate unit of Dutch financial services group ING (AMS:INGA).
- SINGAPORE'S EZRA TO BUY AKER MARINE CONTRACTORS FOR USD250M
Singapore oil services group Ezra Holdings (SIN:5DN) said it had agreed to acquire Norwegian sector player Aker Marine Contractors (AMC) from Aker Solutions (OSL:AKSO) for USD250m (EUR180m).
- TNT TO SELL DIRECT MARKETING UNIT DIMAR TO MANAGEMENT
Dutch mail and express deliveries group TNT (AMS:TNT) said it has agreed to sell its direct marketing business Dimar to the latter's management for an undisclosed sum.
- UK HELICAL BAR, THAMELING GROUP FORM WAREHOUSE DEVELOPMENT JV
UK property development and investment firm Helical Bar (LON:HLCL) and Thameling Group said they have established a joint venture to develop pre-let warehouse and distribution properties in Poland, the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
- ESCOM TO SELL SEX.COM DOMAIN
US Internet company Escom has agreed to sell its Sex.com website for USD13m (EUR9.3m) to investment firm Clover Holdings.
- US LIGHTSPEED FINANCIAL CLOSES USD27.6M BUY OF TERRA NOVA FINANCIAL
New York-based brokerage services provider Lightspeed Financial said it had completed the USD27.6m (EUR20) deal to take full control of broker dealer Terra Nova Financial, a unit of Terra Nova Financial Group (OTC:TNFG).
- RUSSIAN SURGUT CONSIDERS SALE OF MOL STAKE
Russian oil and gas company Surgutneftegaz (MCX:SNGS) plans to sell its 21.2% stake in Hungarian sector player MOL Magyar Olaj- es Gazipari (BDP:MOL).
- SBM OFFSHORE TO SELL 30% OF ANGOLAN JV TO S KOREAN DSME
Netherlands-based maritime engineering group SBM Offshore (AMS:SBMO) said it had agreed to sell 30% in an Angolan offshore oil services joint venture to South Korean shipbuilder Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering (SEO:042660), or DSME.
- PERUVIAN CREDICORP TO BUY TWO UNITS OF US ALICO FOR USD170M
Peru-based financial services holding firm Credicorp (LIN:BAP) said it has agreed to buy stakes in two local life insurance companies from American Life Insurance Company (ALICO), a unit of troubled US insurance giant AIG (NYSE:AIG), for nearly USD170m (EUR122.4m).
- SPANISH BANK CAIXANOVA SAYS NO PLANS TO SELL BANCO GALLEGO STAKE
Spanish savings bank Caixanova denied local media speculation that it was planning to sell its nearly 50% stake in local bank Banco Gallego.
- CENTRAL BANK OF RUSSIA COULD SELL STAKE IN SBERBANK
The Central Bank of Russia (CBR), the country's central bank, may divest of some of its shares in Sberbank (MCX:SBER03) by selling part of it to investors and trading another part on the stock market.
- IBERDROLA ENTERS USD326.45M DEAL TO SELL STAKES IN 4 GUATEMALAN UTILITIES
Spanish power and gas utility Iberdrola (MCE:IBE) said it had agreed to sell its indirect stakes in four Guatemalan power utilities to sector player Empresas Publicas de Medellin for a total of USD326.45m (EUR234m).
- STATE STREET GLOBAL ADVISORS TO BUY BANK OF IRELAND ASSET MANAGEMENT
State Street Global Advisors, the investment management unit of financial holding State Street Corporation (NYSE:STT), said it had clinched a deal to buy Bank of Ireland Asset Management for EUR57m (USD79.5m), to expand its investment capabilities.
- UBM CLOSES USD287M ACQUISITION OF CANON COMMUNICATIONS
UK United Business Media (LON:UBM) said it has completed its USD287m (EUR206.4m) acquisition of US tradeshow and media firm Canon Communications from Spectrum Equity Investors and Apprise Media, after receiving all necessary approvals.
- STARBUCKS BUYS OUT JV WITH MAGIC JOHNSON ENTERPRISES
US roast coffee retailer Starbucks (NASDAQ:SBUX) unveiled the acquisition of the residual 50% in joint venture Urban Coffee Opportunities (UCO) from its JV partner, Magic Johnson Enterprises, for an undisclosed sum.
- UK DECHRA PHARMACEUTICALS BUYS US DERMAPET FOR USD64M
UK Dechra Pharmaceuticals (LON:DPH), a veterinary pharmaceuticals company, said it had purchased US veterinary dermatological preparations maker DermaPet for up to USD64m (EUR46m) in cash to achieve scale in the US and strengthen its position in the global veterinary dermatological sector.
- AUSTRIAN INVESTMENT GROUP AVW TO SELL 29% STAKE IN BINDER+CO
Bankrupt Austrian investment group AvW is seeking to sell its 29% stake in environmental services provider Binder+Co AG (WBAG:BIND).
- RUSSIAN ENERGO-STREAM LOOKS AT GERMAN ELECTRICITY RETAILER TELDAFAX
Russian investment firm Energo-Stream may buy debt-laden German electricity retailer Teldafax, which is seeking a buyer for its business.
- NORGES BANK RAISES IBERSOL HOLDING TO OVER 3%
Norwegian central bank Norges Bank has purchased an additional 270,000 shares in Portuguese Ibersol (ELI:IBS) raising its stake in the restaurant operator to 3.32%.
- FAGERHULT BUYS GERMAN LIGHTING FIXTURES MAKER LTS FOR EUR61M
Swedish lighting systems specialist Fagerhult (STO:FAG) said it had taken over German LTS Licht & Leuchten, a manufacturer of lighting fixtures for the retail market, for EUR61m (USD85.1m), in a move to grow in the European lighting sector.
- FERROVIAL SAYS READY TO SELL MINORITY IN UK AIRPORT OPERATOR BAA
Spanish infrastructure group Ferrovial (MCE:FER) said it had begun procedures for a potential disposal of a minority interest in the UK airport operator BAA, to reduce debt and finance other projects.
- ORANGE IN TALKS TO SELL TV MOVIE CHANNELS TO CANAL PLUS
French mobile operator Orange, part of France Telecom (EPA:FTE), is willing to shed its TV channels by January and is negotiating with broadcaster Canal Plus (EPA:AN).
- VIENNA INSURANCE GROUP BUYS 75% IN INSURER INTERALBANIAN
Vienna Insurance Group (WBAG:VIG) announced the acquisition of a 75% stake plus one share in Albanian insurer Interalbanian SHA, without providing financial details.
- GERMAN BILFINGER BERGER TO BUY ROTRING ENGINEERING
German construction company Bilfinger Berger (ETR:GBF) said it has agreed to buy fuel gas systems supplier Rotring Engineering AG in a move to expand its power service portfolio.
- LION CAPITAL WRAPS UP FRENCH PICARD TAKEOVER
UK private equity firm Lion Capital has completed the acquisition of French frozen food retailer Picard Surgeles from BC Partners for EUR1.515bn (USD2.1bn).
- ITALIAN PIRELLI STRIKES EUR30M DEAL TO SELL BROADBAND SOLUTIONS UNIT
Italian industrial group Pirelli & C (BIT:PC) unveiled an agreement to sell its 100% subsidiary Pirelli Broadband Solutions SpA to Swiss Advanced Digital Broadcast Holdings (SWF:ADBN) for EUR30m (USD41.9m) in cash and stock.
- SPANISH EBRO FOODS IN TALKS TO BUY AUSTRALIAN SUNRICE
Spanish food group Ebro Foods (MCE:EVA) has entered exclusive talks to buy Australian rice food company Ricegrowers Ltd (NSX:RGWB), trading as SunRice, for AUD601.9m (USD 594m/EUR423m).
- RUSSIA TO PRIVATISE 900 COMPANIES IN FIVE YEARS
Russia will partly or entirely sell about 900 companies in the period between 2011 and 2015 as part of its RUB1.8trn (USD59bn/EUR42.23bn) privatisation program.
- CISCO MAY TARGET CANADIAN RIM
Canadian telecommunications and wireless device specialist Research In Motion (TSE:RIM) could become an acquisition target for US telecommunications equipment maker Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO).
- FIRST COMMERCE BANCORP SHAREHOLDERS APPROVE MERGER WITH GRANDPOINT CAPITAL
California-based First Commerce Bancorp (OTCBB:FCCC) said on Thursday its shareholders have given the green light to a USD4.50 per share (EUR3.21) cash merger offer from Grandpoint Capital.
- EU DELAYS RULING ON OLYMPIC-AEGEAN MERGER UNTIL 12 JANUARY
The European Union competition regulator announced it has extended the deadline for its decision on the proposed merger between Greek airlines Olympic Air and Aegean Airlines (ATH:AEGN) until 12 January from the previously set date on 7 December.
Status: Delayed; Agreed
- COLONIAL'S FRENCH UNIT SFL IN TALKS TO BUY INTO REALIA'S SIIC
Spanish real estate developer Colonial (MCE:L1CAR) said its French unit Societe Fonciere Lyonnaise (EPA:FLY), or SFL, was in exclusive negotiations to take some 30% in SIIC de Paris (EPA:IMMP), a unit of Spanish rival Realia (MCE:RLIA).
- SPANISH BANK BBVA SAYS IN TALKS TO BUY GARANTI BANK STAKE
Spanish lender BBVA (MCE:BBVA) confirmed in a statement to the Spanish stock market regulator it was in talks on a potential acquisition of a stake in Turkish Garanti Bank (IST:GARAN), without disclosing terms.
- INTEREST IN GERMAN BHF-BANK'S AUCTION DECLINING
The auction of BHF-Bank, part of Germanya[euro](tm)s Deutsche Bank AG (ETR:DBK), which had been initially subject to major investor interest, is facing now a declining number of bidders.
Status: Bidding; Auction
- SHIELDTECH SAYS SEEKS BUYER FOR BODY ARMOUR UNIT AEGIS
British protection equipment supplier Shieldtech (LON:STEC) said it had been negotiating the potential divestment of its body armour arm, Aegis Engineering Holdings, with a number of interested parties.
Status: Auction; Talks
- BOGDANKA'S BOARD REJECTS CZECH NWR'S USD1.2BN TAKEOVER BID
The management board of Polish coal miner Bogdanka (WAR:LWB) said it advised shareholders to reject the USD1.2bn (EUR863m) takeover bid of Czech coal producer New World Resources (PRG:BAANWR).
- NEXANS STARTS TAKEOVER TALKS FOR DRAKA
French cable maker Nexans SA (EPA:NEX) has entered talks with Draka Holding NV (AMS:DRAK) about a possible acquisition of the Dutch sector player.
- CITI, CAPITAL GROUP COS, CONCORD INTL MULL OVER SELLING EGYPTIAN AMOUN
Citi Venture Capital International, part of Citigroup (NYSE:C), Capital Group Cos Inc, and Concord International Investments are considering to sell Egyptian drugmaker Amoun.
- JAPAN'S NTT DATA IN TALKS TO BUY US KEANE
Japanese IT services company NTT Data Corp (TYO:9613) is in talks to buy US sector player Keane Inc for more than JPY100bn (USD1.2bn/EUR886m) in a move to get access to blue-chip customers in the USA.
- INVESTMENT GROUP LED BY AARON KUSHNER TO BID FOR THE BOSTON GLOBE
An investment group led by Aaron Kushner, a businessman from Massachusetts, said it would bid for the acquisition of The Boston Globe newspaper from media giant The New York Times Co (NYSE:NYT).
- AUSTRIAN OMV EYES MAJORITY IN TURKISH PETROL OFISI
Austrian energy group OMV (WBAG:OMV) said it is negotiating the acquisition of a 54.17% stake in Turkish oil refiner and supplier Petrol Ofisi AS (IST:PTOFS) from Dogan Holding (IST:DOHOL).
- ALGERIA SAYS TO PROCEED WITH DJEZZY NATIONALISATION
Algeria will go ahead with its plan to nationalise wireless carrier Djezzy, the Algerian unit of Egyptian Orascom Telecom (CAI:ORTE), despite Orascoma[euro](tm)s agreement to sell some of its assets to Russian telecom Vimpelcom (ETR:35V).
- IRELAND PICKS TWO FINAL BIDDERS FOR LARGEST BUILDING SOCIETY EBS
The Irish government has shortlisted two bidders for the acquisition of the countrya[euro](tm)s biggest building society, EBS, Finance Minister Brian Lenihan said.
- EDF REPORTEDLY DROPS OUT OF BIDDING FOR ENEA
French utility EDF (EPA:EDF) yesterday dropped out of the race for the acquisition of 51% of Polish electricity producer Enea (WAR:ENA), daily Parkiet reported.
Status: Speculation, Terminated
- ONE EQUITY PARTNERS TO DISPOSE OF FAURECIA STAKE
US private equity firm One Equity Partners said it would shed its 13% interest in French automotive equipment supplier Faurecia (EPA:EO), part of French carmaker Peugeot-Citroen (EPA:UG), through a placement to institutional investors.
- LFB BIOTECHNOLOGIES OFFERS TO BUY OUT GTC BIOTHERAPEUTICS FOR USD0.28 P/S
US transgenic protein maker GTC Biotherapeutics (PINK:GTCB) said that French bio-pharmaceutical firm LFB Biotechnologies has offered to take it private for USD0.28 (EUR0.20) per share.
- BBVA WILLING TO BUY GEa[euro](tm)S STAKE IN GARANTI BUT WITH MANAGEMENT FUNCTIONS
Spanish bank BBVA (MCE:BBVA) is ready to buy the 21% stake of US conglomerate General Electric (NYSE:GE) in Turkish Garanti Bank (IST:GARAN) for between USD4.5bn (EUR3.3bn) and USD5bn, but only with the right to participate in its management.
Status: Bidding, Speculation
- SERBIA ANNOUNCES TENDER FOR 51% IN TELEKOM SRBIJA, BIDS EXPECTED BY 26 NOV
The Serbian government launched an auction to sell 51% in Telekom Srbija without setting a minimum price and invited buyers to place bids until 26 November 2010.
- VODAFONE REPORTED TO SELL POLKOMTEL STAKE
UK mobile carrier Vodafone Group (LON:VOD) will join the sale of Polish Polkomtel and dispose of its 25% stake in the telecoms operator in a deal that values the whole company at some EUR4bn (USD5.5bn).
- DUTCH MEDIQ IS OPEN TO SELL STAKE IN GERMAN ANZAG
Dutch drug distributor Mediq (AMS:MEDIQ) is open to sell its 6.3% stake in German pharmaceutical wholesaler Andreae-Noris Zahn (ETR:ANZ), or Anzag, a spokeswoman for Mediq said.
- FRENCH NEXANS MAY SUBMIT FORMAL BID FOR DUTCH DRAKA IN Q1 2011
French cable maker Nexans SA (EPA:NEX) could make a formal bid for Dutch sector player Draka Holding NV (AMS:DRAK) at the end of the first quarter of 2011 if all deal terms are met.
- SANOFI GETS US REGULATORY NOD TO BUY GENZYME
French pharmaceutical company Sanofi-Aventis (EPA:SAN) said it has received approval from the US regulatory authorities for its proposed acquisition of US biotechnology group Genzyme (NASDAQ:GENZ).
- RUSSIA LIKELY TO DELAY SVYAZINVEST PRIVATISATION
Russiaa[euro](tm)s finance minister Alexei Kudrin said that the government was not likely to offload a stake in state-run telecom Svyazinvest over the next three years.
- VODAFONE READY TO HIKE VODAFONE ESSAR STAKE
UK telecom operator Vodafone (LON:VOD) is ready to raise its stake in its Indian telecom joint venture with conglomerate Essar Group, Vodafone Essar, the British companya[euro](tm)s CEO Vittorio Colao said.
- DUTCH DRAKA SILENT ON NEXANS BID
A spokesman for Dutch cable maker Draka (AMS:DRAK) declined to comment on whether the takeover offer of French sector player Nexans SA (EPA:NEX) has prompted any talks with Drakaa[euro](tm)s major shareholder Flint Beheer or with the bidder.
- POLAND CHOOSES GDF, KULCZYK FOR ENEAa[euro](tm)S SALE
Polanda[euro](tm)s treasury, the ministry in charge of state assets, has picked French utility GDF Suez (EPA:GSZ) and Polish investor Kulczyk Holding for negotiations over the sale of 51% of local utility Enea (WAR:ENA).
- SNS SAYS DUTCH MEDIQ COULD SELL STAKE IN GERMAN ANZAG
Dutch drug distributor Mediq (AMS:MEDIQ) could probably sell its 6.3% stake in German pharmaceutical wholesaler Andreae-Noris Zahn (ETR:ANZ), or Anzag, as it does not consider its holding a strategic investment.
- OWNERS MAY SELL RUSSIAN NETBYNET MARCH-MAY 2011
Russian broadband services provider NetByNet may be offered for sale in March-May next year, as potential investors seem increasingly interested to buy it, Vladimir Rumyantsev.
- LUCERNE CAPITAL DEEMS NEXANSa[euro](tm) BID FOR DRAKA TOO LOW
Hedge fund Lucerne Capital Management dubbed too low the cash price of EUR15 (USD20.83) per share French cable producer Nexans (EPA:NEX) has offered for Dutch sector player Draka Holding NV (AMS:DRAK).
- BLACKS LEISURE RECEIVES SEVERAL APPROACHES
British clothing and camping equipment retailer Blacks Leisure (LON:BSLA) said it had got takeover approaches from several interested potential buyers that could result in an offer for the company or part of it.
- DEUTSCHE POSTBANK SAID TO HAVE PUT INDIAN UNIT ON THE BLOCK
German lender Deutsche Postbank (ETR:DPB) has reportedly started an auction for its housing finance unit in India as part of its global restructuring.
Status: Auction; Speculation
- WINNEBAGO SIGNS LOI TO BUY RV PRODUCER SUNNYBROOK MANUFACTURING
US motor-home manufacturer Winnebago Industries (NYSE:WGO) said it has sealed a letter of intent (LoI) for the acquisition of Indiana-based recreation-vehicle (RV) producer SunnyBrook Manufacturing and started a due diligence procedure.
- PLATINUM EQUITY MAKES USD418 BID FOR AMERICAN COMMERCIAL LINES
Los Angeles-based private equity firm Platinum Equity has submitted a USD418m (EUR300.4m) cash offer to buy troubled US inland marine transport company American Commercial Lines (NASDAQ:ACLI).
- EMC IN EXCLUSIVE TALKS TO ACQUIRE ISILON SYSTEMS
US corporate data storage equipment maker EMC Corp (NYSE:EMC) is exclusively negotiating the acquisition of computer storage company Isilon Systems (NASDAQ:ISLN) for over USD2bn (EUR1.4bn).
- BAIN CAPITAL STUDIES JOINING PRIVATE EQUITY GROUP TO BUY SEAGATE
Private equity firm Bain Capital examines joining forces with peers TPG Capital and Kohlberg, Kravis Roberts & Co (NYSE:KKR) in their buyout talks with US hard disk drives manufacturer Seagate Technology (NASDAQ:STX).
Status: Talks, Bidding
- RUSSIAN INTERRAO CONSIDERS BID FOR OGK-3 STAKE
Russian energy company Inter Rao (MCX:IRAO) plans to bid for a stake in sector player OGK-3 (MCX:OGKC), owned by Russiaa[euro](tm)s metals major Norilsk Nickel (LON:MNOD).
- CARLYLE, KKR, WARBURG PINCUS IN TALKS TO BUY STAKE IN HERO HONDA
US private equity firms Carlyle, KKR and Warburg Pincus could buy a stake of between 15% and 18% in Indiaa[euro](tm)s motorcycle maker Hero Honda Motors (BOM:500182).
- FORD MULLS OVER CUTTING MAZDA STAKE
US car maker Ford Motor (NYSE:F) is considering to significantly reduce its 11% stake in Mazda Motor Corp (TYO:7261).
- KEIJSER CAPITAL SEES POSSIBLE BIDDING WAR FOR DUTCH CABLE MAKER DRAKA
French cable producer Nexansa[euro](tm) (EPA:NEX) offer for Dutch sector player Draka Holding NV (AMS:DRAK) is a hostile opening bid that could trigger a bidding war between Nexans and Italian rival Prysmian (BIT:PRY).
- ALLIANZ SAID TO BID FOR CHANNEL TUNNEL
German insurer Allianz (ETR:ALV) plans to make a GBP2bn (USD3.2bn/EUR2.3bn) bid for the UK state-run railway link Channel Tunnel.
- EXEC SAYS DUBAI INTERNATIONAL CAPITAL NOT KEEN TO SELL EUROPEAN ASSETS YET
Private equity firm Dubai International Capital (DIC), part of indebted Dubai Holding, plans to wait for its European assets to grow in value before selling them.
- NWR NOT TO SWEETEN USD1.2BN BID FOR BOGDANKA
Czech coal producer New World Resources (PRG:BAANWR) has no plans to increase its USD1.2bn (EUR864m) bid for Polish coal miner Bogdanka (WAR:LWB).
- FRENCH NEXANS MAKES CASH TAKEOVER BID FOR DUTCH CABLE MAKER DRAKA
French cable producer Nexans SA (EPA:NEX) made a takeover bid of EUR15 (USD20.83) per share in cash for Dutch sector player Draka Holding NV (AMS:DRAK).
- GLOBAL M&A APPETITE DECLINES DESPITE RECOVERING MARKET - ERNST & YOUNG
Merger-and-acquisition (M&A) activity has lately slowed down compared to six months ago despite improving capital market conditions, according to a survey of Ernst & Young among more than 1,000 senior executives around the world.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||M & A Navigator|
|Date:||Oct 22, 2010|
|Previous Article:||Kabam on growth spree buys WonderHill.|
|Next Article:||MasterCard closes DataCash takeover.|