M&A Navigator: Deal pipeline - 15 July.
The following is a list a of deals covered in detail by M&A Navigator this week:
- EC CLEARS IMS, JACQUET METALS TIE-UP
The European Commission (EC) cleared the proposed merger between French metal products distributor International Metal Service (EPA:IMS) and metal-cutting and steel distribution group Jacquet Metals (EPA:JCQ).
- SPANISH AHORRO CORPORACION ACQUIRES 55% STAKE IN VAUGHAN SYSTEMS
Spanish financial services group Ahorro Corporacion announced the acquisition of a 55% stake in Vaughan Systems, a leading provider of English language training in Spain, without providing financial details.
- BANCO SABADELL EXITS ENERGIAS RENOVABLES CAPITAL
Spanish commercial bank Banco Sabadell (MCE:SAB) has sold its 40% stake in Energias Renovables del Bierzo, or ERBI, the developer and operator of La Penuca wind farm to Swiss energy trading company EGL (SWF:EGL).
- SPANISH COMSA EMTE BUYS AIR CONDITIONING FIRM EOLIS IN MEXICO
Spanish construction company Comsa Emte announced the acquisition of Mexican air conditioning systems manufacturer Eolis America Latina, without revealing financial terms.
- CORD BLOOD AMERICA CLOSE TO TAKE CONTROL IN BIOCELLS
US cord blood stem cell preservation firm Cord Blood America (OTC:CBAI) said it had closed the due diligence for the takeover of Argentina-based BioCells and expects to complete the deal by the end of August.
- RUSSIAN SISTEMA BUYS 51% IN M2M TELEMATICS
Russian diversified financial corporation Sistema (MCX:AFKC) said it had taken 51% in M2M Telematics, a specialist in vehicle telematics and satellite navigation based on GLONASS & GPS technologies, for an undisclosed sum.
- GERMAN MERCK COMPLETES USD7BN MILLIPORE ACQUISITION
German pharmaceutical and chemicals company Merck KGaA (ETR:MRK) said it had closed the acquisition of US life science firm Millipore Corp (NYSE:MIL) for some USD7bn (EUR5.5bn) cash, including debt.
- UK SDL TO TAKE OVER US LANGUAGE WEAVER FOR USD42.5M
UK SDL (LON:SDL), a provider of global information management solutions, said it had agreed to buy US statistical machine translation specialist Language Weaver, for cash USD42.5m (EUR33.3m), subject to closing adjustments.
- GREECE TO STUDY PIRAEUS BANK'S BID FOR ATEBANK, HELLENIC POSTBANK
Greece's government will scrutinise the offer by Piraeus Bank (ATH:TPEIR) to buy state-owned banks ATEbank (ATH:ATE) and Hellenic Postbank (ATH:TT).
- DUTCH AKZO NOBEL TO BUY SWEDISH COATINGS COMPANY LINDGENS
Dutch chemicals group Akzo Nobel (AMS:AKZA) said it has agreed to buy Swedish Lindgens Metal Decorating Coatings & Inks, without providing financial terms.
- BLACKSTONE, CARLYLE EYE NUTRITIONAL SUPPLEMENTS MAKER NBTY
Private equity firms Blackstone (NYSE:BX) and Carlyle are considering to buy US nutritional supplements maker NBTY (NYSE:NTY).
Status: Bidding; Speculation
- AGFA GRAPHICS TO BUY PITMAN COMPANY IN USA
Agfa Graphics, part of Belgian imaging company Agfa-Gevaert (EBR:AGFB), said it would buy US prepress, industrial inkjet and packaging printing products supplier Pitman Company for some USD80m (EUR62.6m).
- CARLYLE SAID TO QUIT HEALTHSCOPE BID
Private equity firm Carlyle is set to withdraw from the race for Australian hospital operator Healthscope (ASX:HSP).
Status: Speculation; Bidding
- EC APPROVES FRENCH JACQUET METALS ACQUISITION OF IMS
The European Commission (EC) cleared French steel distributor Jacquet Metals (EPA:JCQ) to buy peer IMS International Metal Service (EPA:IMS), to boost its standing in the European steel sector.
- BANCFIRST AGREES TO BUY UNION NATIONAL BANCSHARES
Oklahoma-based bank holding company BancFirst Corp (NASDAQ:BANF) announced an agreement to buy Union National Bancshares and its subsidiary, Union Bank of Chandler, without providing financial details.
- US WABTEC STRIKES USD45M DEAL TO BUY GLOBAL RAILWAY UNITS
US railcar parts supplier Wabtec said it has agreed to buy G&B Specialties Inc and Bach-Simpson Corp, both part of Canada-based Global Railway Industries (TSE:GBI), in a cash deal worth USD45 (EUR35.3m).
- US NILFISK-ADVANCE BUYS CLEANING SERVICES FIRM CYCLONE
US producer of professional floor cleaning equipment Nilfisk-Advance Inc said it had taken over Arizona-based Cyclone Surface Cleaning, a provider of airport contract cleaning services, for an undisclosed sum.
- RUSSIA PM TO SIGN RULING TO BUY INTO SISTEMA'S INDIAN UNIT SSTL
Russian prime minister Vladimir Putin is expected to soon sign a draft ruling to buy into Sistema Shyam TeleServices (SSTL), the Indian subsidiary of Russian conglomerate Sistema (MCX:AFKC).
- AECOM BUYS TISHMAN CONSTRUCTION
US engineering firm AECOM Technology (NYSE:ACM) said it has bought New York-based builder Tishman Construction in a cash-and-stock deal worth USD245m (EUR192.1m).
- US MYLAN AGREES TO BUY BIONICHE PHARMA IN IRELAND
US pharmaceutical company Mylan (NASDAQ:MYL) said it would buy Ireland-based sector player Bioniche Pharma Holdings in a cash deal worth USD550m (EUR431.2m).
- GREEK PIRAEUS BANK ANNOUNCES EUR701M BID FOR ATEBANK, HELLENIC POSTBANK
Greek Piraeus Bank (ATH:TPEIR) said it had offered to take 77.31% of ATEbank (ATH:ATE) and 33.04% of Hellenic PostBank (ATH:TT), both owned by the government, for a combined EUR701m (USD896.3m).
- CABLEVISION GETS REGULATORY NOD TO BUY BRESNAN
Cablevision Systems (NYSE:CVC) has received regulatory approval to proceed with its planned acquisition of US broadband Internet service provider Bresnan Communications.
- BELGIAN DELHAIZE ALLOWED TO SQUEEZE OUT ALFA-BETA MINORITY SHAREHOLDERS
Belgian food retailer Delhaize Group (EBR:DELB) said it has received approval from the Greek stock market regulator to exercise its right to squeeze out minority shareholders in its Greek subsidiary, Alfa-Beta Vassilopoulos (ATH:BASIK).
- US PARNON GATHERING TAKES OVER CRUDE OIL BUYER TTTI
US crude oil logistics firm Parnon Gathering Inc said it had closed the takeover of local midstream crude oil purchaser Touchstone Trading and Transportation Inc, or TTTI, but did not provide the purchase price.
- US SOUTHWEST WINDPOWER TAKES OVER SECTOR SPECIALIST DEERPATH
US wind turbines maker Southwest Windpower, or SWWP, said it had taken over Deerpath Energy Inc, a specialist in site analysis and installation of wind power projects, for an undisclosed sum.
- US SUNLINK BUYS COMBINER BOXES MAKER BLUE OAK PV
US photovoltaic solutions provider SunLink Corporation said it had purchased sector company Blue Oak PV Products LLC but did not reveal the acquisition price.
- SIEMENS SAID TO UNVEIL WIND TURBINE JV IN RUSSIA
German engineering and electronics group Siemens (ETR:SIE) will announce the creation of a wind turbine manufacturing joint venture with two Russian firms.
Status: Agreed; Speculation
- NORVEGIAN EID FINALISES ACQUISITION OF DYVI SHIPPING
Norwegian shipping company Eidsiva Rederi (OSL:EID) said it had closed the acquisition of sea freight transportation services firm Dyvi Shipping from Dyvi Holding, in an all-stock deal.
- UK CROMEX GETS GBP0.35 P/S PRELIMINARY APPROACH
UK Chromex Mining (LON:CHX), an investor and developer of chromite mining and processing facilities, said it had received a preliminary takeover bid of GBP0.35 (USD0.54/EUR0.42) per share, without naming the potential buyer.
- UK HORIZONTE MINERALS SAYS IN TALKS ON ACQUISITION
UK-based Horizonte Minerals (LON:HZM), focused on exploration and development of precious and base metals in Brazil and Peru, said it was in advanced talks on an acquisition, without giving further details.
- MSCI ANNOUNCES DEAL TO BUY MEASURISK
US MSCI (NYSE:MSCI), a provider of investment decision support tools to investors, said it had reached a definitive deal to buy Measurisk, a supplier of risk-transparency and risk-measurement solutions for hedge fund investors, for an unrevealed amount.
- US EATON BUYS EMC ENGINEERS TO BOOST SERVICE OFFERING
US diversified industrial manufacturer Eaton (NYSE:ETN) said it had taken over energy engineering and energy services provider EMC Engineers for an undisclosed price, in a move to widen service portfolio.
- SEADRILL SAYS OWNS 84% IN SCORPION
Oslo-listed offshore drilling contractor Seadrill (OSL:SDRL) said its NOK40.50 (USD6.5/EUR5.09) per share offer for Scorpion (OSL:SCORE) was accepted by shareholders owning 30.475m shares, bringing its total interest in the company to some 84%.
- GE CAPITAL TO SELL BAC CREDOMATIC GECF TO GRUPO AVAL FOR USD1.9BN
GE Capital Global Banking, part of GE Capital, GE's (NYSE:GE) global financing unit, said it had agreed to dispose of BAC Credomatic GECF to Colombian banking holding Grupo Aval (CLB:GRUPOAVAL) for USD1.9bn (EUR1.48bn).
- LAFARGE DISPOSING OF 11.2% IN MALAYSIAN UNIT FOR USD189M
The UK subsidiary of French building materials group Lafarge (EPA:LG) is selling 95.2m shares, or 11.2%, in Lafarge Malayan Cement (KUL:LMCEMNT) for a total of USD189m (EUR147m).
- TURKISH HALKBANK STILL IN TALKS TO BUY BANK IN THE BALKANS
Turkish bank Halkbank (IST:HALKB) said in a statement to the Istanbul stock exchange that negotiations on its acquisition of a bank in the Balkans are progressing.
- CROATIAN AGROKOR IN TALKS TO BUY SALFORD CAPITAL'S STAKE IN SERBIAN IMLEK
Croatian food and beverage conglomerate Agrokor is negotiating the acquisition of Salford Capital Partners' 80.5% stake in Serbian dairy firm Imlek (BEL:IMLK).
- EDP NEARS DEAL TO BUY MORE OF SPANISH UTILITY NATURGAS
Portuguese power and gas utility Energias de Portugal (ELI:EDPAE) , or EDP, is closing in on a deal to buy a further 25% stake in Spanish gas utility Naturgas from the Basque government.
- NATTOPHARMA LOOKING FOR BUYER, REJECTS NOK2.86 P/S BID
Norwegian biotechnology company Nattopharma (OSL:NATTO) said it was still seeking a buyer for a stake or for the entire company for the right price, after having rejected a low NOK2.86 (USD0.46/EUR0.36) per share bid from an unnamed party.
- BELGIAN THOMAS & PIRON SEEKS BUYER
Belgian construction group Thomas & Piron is looking for a buyer.
- US BENIHANA LOOKING AT OPTIONS, INCLUDING SALE
US Benihana (NASDAQ:BNHNA), operating Japanese-stylerestaurants, said its board will review strategic options for the company, including a sale, in a move to boost shareholder value.
- GOLDMAN SACHS MULLS OVER SELLING JAPANESE TEIBOW STAKE
US investment bank Goldman Sachs (NYSE:GS) is considering to dispose of its 86% interest in Japanese felt pen nibs maker Teibow Co.
- NOKIASIEMENS EYES MOTOROLA TELECOM EQUIPMENT BUSINESS
German-Finnish Nokia Siemens Networks is negotiating the acquisition of the telecom equipment unit of US handset maker Motorola (NYSE:MOT).
- BELGIAN DELHAIZE KEEN TO BUY SERBIAN SUPERMARKET CHAINS
Belgian food retailer Delhaize (EBR:DELB) is in talks with Serbian diversified holding Delta about a partial acquisition of its supermarket division Delta Maxi.
Status: Talks; Speculation
- UK ARK THERAPEUTICS SAYS IN TALKS TO SELL UNITS
UK healthcare specialist Ark Therapeutics (LON:AKT) said it was talking to a number of parties interested in buying its Woundcare and Manufacturing units, as part of its efforts to boost shareholder value.
- COUCHE-TARD PROLONGS OFFER FOR US CASEY'S TO AUGUST
Canadian convenience store operator Alimentation Couche-Tard Inc said it had extended its cash offer to take over US Casey's General Stores Inc (NASDAQ:CASY) for USD36 (EUR28.65) per share until 6 August 2010.
- HEFNER OFFERS USD5.50 PER PLAYBOY SHARE, WANTS TO TAKE COMPANY PRIVATE
US adult entertainment group Playboy Enterprises Inc (NYSE:PLA) said Hugh Hefner has filed a proposal to buy all the outstanding shares he currently does not own in the company for USD5.50 (EUR4.38) apiece, or some USD122.5m, in cash.
- RUSSIAN MTS ANNOUNCES BID FOR 9% OF COMSTAR
Russian fixed-line operator Comstar (LON:CMST) said that mobile operator Mobile TeleSystems (NYSE:MBT), or MTS, had launched a voluntary tender offer to buy up to 9% of Comstar stock for RUB220 (USD7.10/EUR5.70) apiece.
- BIOMAGNETICS DIAGNOSTICS SEALS LOI TO TAKE OVER CHINESE PVA FILM PRODUCER
US diagnostics system developer Biomagnetics Diagnostics Corp (PINK:BMGP) said it had inked a letter of intent (LOI) to buy Chinese PVA film producer Lanzhou Sanhuan New Technology Development Ltd.
- DUTCH MAXEDA SAID TO SELL FIRST V&D CHAIN
Dutch retailer Maxeda BV will set a priority on finding a buyer for its V&D department stores and La Place restaurants in the planned sale of its apparel unit.
Status: Auction; Speculation
- SERBIAN IMLEK TO BID FOR BOSNIAN MLJEKARSKA INDUSTRIJA BANJA LUKA
Serbian dairy producer Imlek BEL:IMLK) said it will soon submit a takeover bid for loss-making Bosnian sector player Mljekarska Industrija Banja Luka, without disclosing the value of the bid.
- AVIS SAID TO OUTBID HERTZ IN DOLLAR THRIFTY RACE
US car and truck rental company Avis Budget (NYSE:CAR) will submit a higher bid for its peer Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group (NYSE:DTG) in a move to outbid rival Hertz's (NYSE:HTZ) current offer of USD1.2bn (EUR953m).
Status: Bidding; Speculation
- LUKOIL HIGHEST BIDDER FOR CROATIAN CROBENZ, MAY INK DEAL BY WEEKEND
Russian oil and gas group Lukoil (MCX:LKOH) placed the highest bid for the acquisition of Croatian fuel retailer Crobenz, offered for sale by local oil and gas company INA (ZSE:INA-R-A), and may strike a deal by the weekend.
Status: Bidding; Talks
- US AXIA IN TALKS TO BUY COLLAGENNA SKIN CARE UNIT OF HTDS
US holding company Axia Group Inc (PINK:AGIJ) said it had started talks with US Hard to Treat Diseases Inc (PINK:HTDS) for the acquisition of its Collagenna Skin Care division.
- US EGPI FIRECREEK IN TALKS TO TAKE OVER CADDO INTL
US oil and gas company EGPI Firecreek Inc (OTC:EFIR) said it was in talks for the acquisition of oil services firm Caddo International for an undisclosed sum.
- GERMAN ELRINGKLINGER IN TALKS TO BUY FREUDENBERG'S STATIC METAL GASKET UNITGerman car parts maker ElringKlinger (ETR:ZIL2) said it was in advanced negotiations to take over the static metal gasket business of Freudenberg & Co KG.
- IDEAL SHOPPING DIRECT WILL STUDY OPTIONS, INCLUDING SALE
The board of UK television and Internet shopping company Ideal Shopping Direct (LON:IDS) said in response to media speculation that it planned to look at options for the company, including a sale.
- RUSSIAN MEGAFON IN TALKS OVER AKADO ACQUISITION - CEO
Russian mobile operator Megafon is negotiating the acquisition of broadband and cable TV provider Akado.
- RUSSIAN MTS MAY BUY MULTIREGION SOON
Russian mobile operator Mobile TeleSystems (NYSE:MBT), or MTS, could strike a deal in the next two weeks to take over broadband and cable TV operator Multiregion.
- RUSSIAN METROCOM UP FOR SALE FOR RUB2BN
The property fund of Russian St. Petersburg region said that telecommunications operator Metrocom will be sold in an auction at a starting price of RUB2bn (USD65m/EUR52m), without disclosing the deadline for the offers.
- AUSTRIAN S&T CEO CONSIDERS REDUCING STAKE IN COMPANY
Thomas Streimelweger, CEO and founder of Austrian S&T System Integration & Technology Distribution (WBAG:SNT), is said to be considering the divestment of part of his 28% stake in the company.
- DEUTSCHE BANK TO PUT BHF BANK UP FOR SALE
Deutsche Bank (ETR:DBK) plans to start preparations for the sale of its BHF Bank unit by the end of this month.
- BROADCOM EXTENDS OFFER FOR UK INNOVISION
US chip maker Broadcom Corporation (NASDAQ:BRCM) said it had prolonged the takeover offer for UK Innovision Research & Technology (LON:INN), a specialist in near-field communication, to 16 July.
- BANCO SANTANDER SEEKS ACQUISITIONS IN COLOMBIA, PERU
Spanish banking group Santander (MCE:SAN) is considering potential acquisitions in Colombia and Peru in a move to expand in Latin America.
- ROSTELECOM LIKELY TO SELL SVYAZINVEST STAKE
Russian telecom group Rostelecom (MCX:RTKM) could shed a 25% plus one share stake in its parent, state-owned telecom holding Svyazinvest, to Vnesheconombank (VEB) or the Depositary Insurance Agency (DIA), following the holding's restructuring.
- GE LOOKING TO SELL GARANTI BANK STAKE IN PARTS
General Electric (NYSE:GE) may dispose of its 20.85% in Turkish Garanti Bank (IST:GARAN) in parts after it had failed to attract buyers for the entire stake.
- HSBC DETERMINED TO GROW IN AFRICA-CEO
UK-based global bank HSBC (LON:HSBA) is set to boost its presence in Africa in line with its strategy to have global coverage, chief executive Michael Geoghegan said.
- MLM INFORMATION SERVICES REPORTEDLY TO BE SOLD
US software firm MLM Information Services is up for sale.
Status: Speculation; Auction
- ENEL REPORTEDLY TO SELL MARITSA EAST STAKE TO RUSSIAN INTER RAO
Italian power group Enel (BIT:ENEL) is to offload its 73% stake in Bulgarian Maritsa East 3 thermal power plant to Russian electricity trader Inter RAO (MCX:IRAO) for EUR800m (USD1bn).
- DUTCH PENSION FUNDS PGGM, APG TO SELL ALPINVEST PARTNERS
Dutch pension funds PGGM and APG are selling each their 50% stakes in Europe's largest private equity firm Alpinvest Partners.
Status: Speculation; Auction
- AIR PRODUCTS SWEETENS AIRGAS OFFER
Air Products & Chemicals (NYSE:APD) revised up its hostile takeover bid for US industrial gas supplier Airgas (NYSE:ARG) to USD5.3bn (EUR4.2bn).
- RUSSIAN FETISOV'S USD350M FUND LOOKING FOR TELECOM BUYS
MDC, an investment company owned by Russian businessman Gleb Fetisov, plans to buy telecoms assets in Russia and other CIS countries through its newly created USD350m (EUR276.4m) fund, MDC's executive Alexei Semyonov said.
- BC PARTNERS, SILVER LAKE EYE USD3.1BN DEAL TO BUY US MULTIPLAN
Private equity firms BC Partners and Silver Lake intend to acquire US healthcare services provider Multiplan for USD3.1bn (EUR2.45bn).
Status: Bidding; Speculation
- EU COURT RULES AGAINST PORTUGAL'S VETO RIGHTS AT PT
The European Court of Justice rejected Portugal's request to keep its veto rights at Portugal Telecom (ELI:PTCA), or PT, a decision which may facilitate the bid by Spanish Telefonica (MCE:TEF) for PT's stake in Brazilian mobile operator Vivo (SAO:VIVO3).
- UNICAJA, CAJASOL SAY WILL PLACE SEPARATE BIDS FOR CAJASUR
Spanish savings banks Unicaja and Cajasol said their boards of directors decided to place separate bids for struggling peer CajaSur.
- HSBC SAID TO MULL OVER BID FOR S AFRICAN NEDBANK
British banking group HSBC Holdings (LON:HSBA) is studying a potential bid for South African lender Nedbank (JNB:NED).
Status: Speculation; Bidding
- PORTUGAL TELECOM SAYS READY TO RESUME TALKS WITH TELEFONICA ON VIVO DEAL
Portugal Telecom (ELI:PTCA), or PT, said in a statement to stock market regulator CMVN that it was willing to resume negotiations with Spanish Telefonica (MCE:TEF) over its bid for Brazilian mobile operator Vivo (SAO:VIVO3).
Status: Bidding; Talks
- SWISS PRIME SITE AUCTIONS JELMOLI'S HOTEL BUSINESS
Property firm Swiss Prime Site (SWF:SPSN), or SPS, has put the Geneva-based hotel business of its subsidiary Jelmoli (SWF:JELN) up for sale.
- UK PEARSON HOLDS 99.3% OF MELORIO, ANNOUNCES COMPULSORY BID
UK media company Pearson (LON:PSON) said it will launch a compulsory bid for the residual stock of training and assessment services provider Melorio (LON:MLO), after having secured 99.3% of its shares by 6 July.
- DUTCH WESSANEN EYES ACQUISITIONS TO BOOST MARKET SHARE
Dutch food group Wessanen (AMS:WES) is exploring potential acquisitions in a move to gain a bigger market share in organic food.
- INVESTEC TO STUDY SALE OF RENSBURG FUND MANAGEMENT
British financial group Investec (LON:INVP) said it could offload the fund management business of Rensburg Sheppards (LON:RBG), which it recently acquired, as it has received expressions of interest from potential buyers.
- DEEPDALE OWNS 81.15% OF PRESTON NORTH END, EXTENDS OFFER
Preston North End (LON:PNE), managing UK football club Preson North End FC, said that Deepdale received acceptance for 187,803 of the company shares by 6 July and owns now 81.15% in the company.
- AUSTRIAN UNIQA CONSIDERS DIVESTING ROMANIAN ASTRA STAKE
Austrian insurer Uniqa (WBAG:UQA) considers to sell its 27% stake in Romanian sector company Astra to major shareholder Dan Adamescu.
- SPANISH CAJA DE CATALUNYA, TARRAGONA Y MANRESA COULD JOIN BUYOUT BID FOR ABERTIS
Spanish savings bank Caja de Catalunya, Tarragona y Manresa may take part in the takeover of infrastructure manager Abertis (MCE:ABE), led by Abertis' main holders.
- SWISS FEDERAL RAILWAYS, DEUTSCHE BAHN PLAN CROSSBORDER JV
The Swiss Federal Railways (SBB) and its German peer Deutsche Bahn unveiled plans to establish a joint venture in a move to boost railway transportation between Switzerland and Germany.
- MUTUA MADRILENA TO SELL 4% IN SPANISH BUILDER SYV
Spanish insurer Mutua Madrilena will sell 4% of its 5% interest in builder Sacyr Vallehermoso (MCE:SYV), or SyV.
- US WORLDVEST IN LOI TO BUY CHILE INVERSIONES DE MINERALES
US WorldVest (OTC:WOVT), doing business as WorldVest Hurricane Resources, said it had entered into a letter of intent to take over Chile Inversiones de Minerales (CIM), a mineral investor and miner in Chile.
- US CLIFFS NATURAL RESOURCES HOLDS 52.1% IN SPIDER, EXTENDS OFFER
US miner Cliffs Natural Resources (NYSE:CLF) said it had secured 52.1% in Canadian mineral explorer Spider Resources (CVE:SPQ) under its cash CAD0.19 (USD0.2/EUR0.14) per-share offer and extended its acceptance period until 16 July.
- RUSSIAN TVEL TO SELL ITS 51% IN CHEMICAL AND METALLURGICAL PLANT ON 23 AUG FOR RUB475.6M
Russian nuclear fuel company TVEL said it will sell its 51% in the Chemical and Metallurgical Plant (RTB:HMTZP) at an auction on 23 August 2010 for a starting price of RUB475.619m (USD15.3m/EUR12.14m).
- BOSCH ALLEGEDLY PLANS TO MAKE BID FOR CENTROSOLAR
German industrial group Robert Bosch is reportedly planning to make a takeover bid for solar energy systems maker Centrosolar (ETR:C3O), traders speculated pushing the company's shares up by over 12% to EUR4.99.
- PURESPECTRUM IN MERGER TALKS WITH ULTRA-TECH LIGHTING
US lighting technology maker PureSpectrum (OTCBB:PSRU) and New Jersey-based sector player Ultra-Tech Lighting announced on they were in talks over a potential combination of the two companies.
Status: Talks; Exclusivity
- ABERTIS BUYOUT TO REPORTEDLY COST EUR10BN
A possible takeover of Spanish infrastructure manager Abertis (MCE:ABE) by its core owners, Criteria CaixaCorp (MCE:CRI) and builder ACS (MCE:ACS), may need EUR10bn (USD12.6bn) in financing.
- GERMANY TO START HYPO REAL PRIVATISATION IN 2013-14
Germany will kick off the privatisation of property lender Hypo Real Estate Bank (HRE) in 2013 or 2014.
- RAIFFEISEN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT SAID INTERESTED IN SIEMENS' INNOVEST
Raiffeisen Capital Management (RCM) is said to be interested in the takeover of Innovest, the asset management subsidiary of Siemens Austria, part of German Siemens AG (ETR:SIE).
- PARTYGAMING SEEKS ACQUISITION DEALS - CEO
UK online gaming company PartyGaming (LON:PRTY) is looking for takeover opportunities as it wants to play an active role in the consolidation of the sector, chief executive Jim Ryan said.
Status: Talks; Bidding
- UNIT4 MANAGES TO WOO TETA SHAREHOLDERS WITH RAISED BID
Dutch software firm Unit4 (AMS:U4AGR) said over 90% of the shares in Polish sector firm Teta SA (WAR:TET) had been tendered under Unit4's sweetened takeover bid of PLN14 (USD4.26/EUR3.4) apiece.
- UK SPICE SAYS REVISED APPROACH BY CINVEN STILL TOO LOW
The board of UK utility services provider Spice (LON:SPI) said the new higher conditional proposal of between GBP0.62 (USD0.94/EUR0.75) and GBP0.65 per share received from investor Cinven still undervalues the company.
- PUBLICIS CEO SAYS SEEKS ACQUISITIONS IN DIGITAL AD SECTOR
French advertising group Publicis (EPA:PUB) is eyeing acquisitions in the digital advertising sector, the company's chief executive, Maurice Levy said.
- IT HOLDING EXTENDS DEADLINE FOR BIDS FOR FERRE UNTIL 2 AUG
The administrators of Italian luxury goods group IT Holding (BIT:ITH) said they have extended the deadline for collecting bids for IT Holding's fashion house Gianfranco Ferre until 2 August.
- CARREFOUR SAID TO SELL ASIAN UNITS
French retailer Carrefour (EPA:CA) has put up for sale its units in Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand.
Status: Speculation; Auction
- TPG, GOLDMAN SACHS NEGOTIATE ONTEX BUYOUT
US private equity firm TPG and the private equity arm of investment bank Goldman Sachs (NYSE:GS) are in talks to acquire Belgium-based diaper maker Ontex from UK investment firm Candover (LON:CDI) for over EUR1.2bn (USD1.5bn).
- RUSSIAN VTB IN TALKS TO BUY TRANSCREDITBANK
Russian lender VTB (MCX:VTBR) is negotiating to buy local competitor TransCreditBank (MCX:TCBN), the banking arm of state-run railway monopoly Russian Railways.
- CAIXANOVA TO SHED HOLDING IN BANCO GALLEGO
Spain-based savings bank Caixanova will be forced to offload its 50% stake in local Banco Gallego following its merger with peer Caixa Galicia.
- US ENDO PHARMA SECURES 93% IN HEALTHTRONICS
US Endo Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ENDP) said it had completed its takeover offer for local urology company HealthTronics Inc (NASDAQ:HTRN) securing 93.38% in the company's stock by the expiry of the initial deadline.
- UK NCC GROUP WANTS TO MAKE FURTHER BUYS IN THE US, UK
UK IT assurance services provider NCC Group (LON:NCC) is looking to make more buys in the US and the UK in the next 12 months.
- LA CAIXA, ACS LOOKING TO TAKE FULL CONTROL OF ABERTIS
Spanish bank La Caixa and builder ACS (MCE:ACS), holding together nearly 55% of infrastructure manager Abertis (MCE:ABE), are working on a deal to take the residual Abertis stock.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||M & A Navigator|
|Date:||Jul 15, 2010|
|Previous Article:||Banco Sabadell exits Energias Renovables capital.|
|Next Article:||French Geodis gets EU nod to buy transport firm Giraud.|