M&A Navigator: Deal pipeline - 10 February.
The following is a list of deals covered in detail by M&A Navigator this week:
- SWEDISH MTG TARGETS PROSIEBENSAT.1'S SCANDINAVIAN ASSETS
Swedish entertainment broadcaster Modern Times Group (STO:MTG B), or MTG, is interested in acquiring the Scandinavian assets of German sector firm ProSiebenSat.1 (ETR:PSM).
- GERMAN DIALOG UNVEILS TAKEOVER OF DUTCH SITEL
German chip maker Dialog Semiconductor (ETR:DLG) said it has acquired Dutch SiTel Semiconductor, a short-range wireless, digital cordless and VoIP technology specialist, for an enterprise value of USD86.5m (EUR63.4m).
- VERIZON LAUNCHES USD19 P/S TENDER OFFER FOR TERREMARK
US wireless operator Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ) said it has launched its USD19 (EUR13.93) per share cash tender offer for IT services firm Terremark Worldwide (NASDAQ:TMRK).
- PENTA INVESTMENTS REPORTEDLY TO SELL ZABKA IN POLAND TO BC PARTNERS
Czech-Slovak investor Penta Investments is near a deal to sell its Zabka convenience store chain in Poland to British private equity firm BC Partners for a price of between CZK9bn (USD506m/EUR372m) and CZK10bn.
- NUSTAR CLOSES TURKISH TERMINAL JV WITH S-OIL, AVES
US petroleum products storage and transportation company NuStar Energy (NYSE:NS) announced the completion of its joint venture with Turkish firms S-Oil and Aves for the operation of two petroleum terminals and an offshore loading facility in Mersin, Turkey.
- MARKETSHARE TO TAKE OVER MARKETINGNPV
US marketing analytics firm MarketShare said it had agreed to buy MarketingNPV, a local marketing investments advisory firm, in a bid to boost its offering to global marketers.
- ABU DHABI'S MUBADALA, MESIROW FINANCIAL TO SET UP RISK MANAGEMENT JV
Mubadala, the investment arm of Abu Dhabi's government, said it will establish a risk management services joint venture with US investment manager Mesirow Financial.
- US RPM UNIT ACQUIRES PSI PACKAGING
US speciality chemical products company RPM International (NYSE:RPM) said its unit, The Euclid Chemical Company, has taken control of local micro- and macro-fibres producer PSI Packaging without unveiling the purchase price.
- SPANISH APEX TAKES CONTROL OF CRISPS MAKER PAPAS VICENTE VIDAL
Spanish snacks and nuts firm Navarra Aperitivos y Extrusionados, or Apex, has acquired local crisps maker Papas Vicente Vidal.
- BNP PARIBAS COO SAYS NO BUY TARGETS AVAILABLE IN TURKEY, POLAND
Jean-Laurent Bonnafe, the COO of BNP Paribas (EPA:BNP), said there he had no knowledge of any banking assets up for sale in Poland and Turkey, fast-developing markets targeted by the French lender in the past.
- PRIVATE INVESTOR GROUP TAKES OVER US MERCANTILE RESOURCES
US acquisition-oriented firm Mercantile Resources (PINK:ACKO), previously known as Austin Chalk Oil and Gas, said in a press release that an unnamed private investor group bought 97% of the company for an undisclosed amount.
- TIMMINS SAYS TO TAKE CAPITAL GOLD TAKEOVER BID TO SHAREHOLDERS
Canadian gold miner Timmins Gold (CVE:TMM) said it will take its takeover offer for US rival Capital Gold (AMEX:CGC) directly to the shareholders, after the board of the US miner cancelled talks on a deal earlier this month.
- GAZPROM GAINS USD1.96BN FROM SALE OF NOVATEK STAKE
Russia's gas major Gazprom (MCX:GAZP) said it had booked RUB57.5bn (USD1.96bn/EUR1.44bn) from the disposal of 9.4% in local gas producer Novatek (MCX:NVTK) to Gazprombank (RTB:GZPR), less than its market value in December when the deal was announced.
- US AMWINS MAKES THREE ACQUISITIONS
US wholesale insurance broker AmWINS Group said it has improved its non-standard automobile insurance capabilities through the acquisition of American Southwest Insurance Managers (ASIM), Excel General Agency and technology firm Oakwood Software Insurance Solutions.
- ICAHN EXTENDS TENDER OFFER FOR DYNEGY
Icahn Enterprises announced an extension of its tender offer to acquire all outstanding shares in US power utility Dynegy (NYSE:DYN) for USD5.50 (EUR4.03) per share in cash.
- ROWAN DARTINGTON HOLDINGS BUYS STOCKBROKING FIRM ROWAN DARTINGTON & CO
Private investor consortium Rowan Dartington Holdings said it has agreed to buy UK-based private client stockbroker and wealth manager Rowan Dartington & Co from investment banking firm Astaire Group (LON:ASTR).
- US ENERGY MANAGEMENT BUYS AM OIL RESOURCES & TECHNOLOGY
US oil and gas producer Energy Management International (PINK:ENMI) announced the takeover of local oil recovery and technology firm AM Oil Resources & Technology.
- US MAX MEDIA GROUP CLOSES MEMBERS AUTOLINK TAKEOVER
US websites operator Max Media Group (PINK:MXMI) announced the completion of the acquisition of car buying service Members Autolink for an undisclosed sum.
- SWISS GALDERMA SAID TO SWEETEN Q-MED TAKEOVER BID
Swiss Galderma Pharma is considering raising its takeover bid for Swedish biotech firm Q-Med AB (STO:QMED) to SEK79 (USD12.2/EUR8.95) per share from SEK75.
- DUTCH VALUE8 BUYS 25% IN MOBILE DATA TRAFFIC FIRM DROAM
Dutch investment firm Value8 NV (AMS:VALUE) said it has acquired a 25% stake in mobile data traffic provider Droam BV.
- GERMAN OHB'S JV TO TAKE OVER AEROTECH PEISSENBERG
German aerospace and satellite technology provider OHB Technology AG (ETR:OHB) said its joint venture MT Aerospace Holding has agreed to take over aircraft engine components supplier Aerotech Peissenberg for an undisclosed price.
- ARNAULT REPORTEDLY AGREES WITH SPRINGER ON SELOGER STAKE SALE
Groupe Arnault, the investment vehicle of French businessman Bernard Arnault, has agreed to divest of its 9% stake in French real estate online portal SeLoger (EPA:SLG) to German publisher Axel Springer (ETR:SPR).
- GILDE GETS ABOVE 86% IN DUTCH TELEPLAN
Netherlands-based ICT firm Teleplan International NV (ETR:TPL) said that the takeover offer launched by Dutch private equity firm Gilde Buy Out Partners was accepted by owners of 86.38% of the company's share capital.
- RUSSIA TO SELL ONLY 10% OF VTB BANK IN 2011
The Russian government said it had decided to sell only a 10% stake, valued at some USD3.5bn (EUR2.6bn), in its lender VTB (MCX:VTBR) in 2011, as the value of the stock diminished.
- SMURFIT KAPPA SAYS CVC, CINVEN, MDCP SELL STAKE
Irish paper packaging specialist Smurfit Kappa (ISE:SKG) said that private equity firms CVC, Cinven and Madison Dearborn Capital Partners (MDCP) have sold a total 25m of its shares to institutional investors at EUR8.50 (USD11.60) apiece.
- ITALIAN TELIT GETS ISRAEL'S NOD FOR ACQUISITION OF MOTOROLA M2M
Italy-based machine-to-machine (m2m) wireless technology firm Telit Communications (LON:TCM) said it has received the green light from the Israeli Anti-Trust Authority to acquire the local m2m communications division of US sector firm Motorola (NYSE:MSI) for USD26m (EUR19m).
- MERCHANT SECURITIES ANNOUNCES BUY OF WEALTH MANAGER GT
British investment services firm Merchant Securities (LON:MERC) said it had bought wealth manager GT Independent Financial Advisers for an initial GBP2m (USD3.2m/EUR2.4m) in cash and stock and an earn-out of up to GBP1m.
- DEUTSCHE BOERSE STAFF REPRESENTATIVE VOICES OUTRAGE AT NYSE DEAL
Johannes Witt, representing Deutsche Boerse (ETR:DB1) employees in the supervisory board, found it a[euro]oeoutrageousa[euro] that the supervisory board was not asked for its opinion on the boursea[euro](tm)s plans to merge with NYSE Euronext (NYSE:NYX, EPA:NYX).
- MOSCOW SEES BANK OF MOSCOW WORTH USD6.08BN
The Moscow municipality has priced the Bank of Moscow (MCX:MMBM) at RUB178bn (USD6.08bn/EUR4.44bn), as it is getting ready to sell its 46.5% interest in it.
- HANA SAYS TO SELL USD1.3BN NEW SHARES TO INVESTORS TO FINANCE KEB BUY
South Korean Hana Financial (SEO:086790) said it plans to issue new shares worth KRW1.4bn (USD1.3bn/EUR915.5m) to a group of institutional investors to finance its planned purchase of Korea Exchange Bank (SEO:004940), or KEB.
- AIG'S CHARTIS TO BUY OUT FUJI FIRE AND MARINE FOR USD569M
Chartis, the property and casualty arm of US insurer AIG (NYSE:AIG), announced plans to launch a JPY47bn (USD569m/EUR416m) offer to take the rest of Japanese non-life insurer Fuji Fire and Marine.
- PRYSMIAN GETS EU NOD TO BUY DUTCH DRAKA
The European Commission (EC) said it had cleared the planned acquisition of Dutch cable maker Draka Holding (AMS:DRAK) by Italian sector player Prysmian (BIT:PRY).
- US WATTS WATER ANNOUNCES INTENTION TO BUY DANFOSS SOCLA IN FRANCE
US water efficiency, safety, and quality products provider Watts Water Technologies (NYSE:WTS) unveiled its intention to buy French water protection valves and flow control solutions manufacturer Danfoss Socla and the related water controls business of Danish industrial group Danfoss A/S.
- PKN ORLEN SAYS BIDS FOR POLKOMTEL STAKE EXPECTED IN Q1
Polish oil refiner PKN Orlen (WAR:PKN) said it expects potential buyers to place first-round offers for its 24% in mobile operator Polkomtel in the first quarter and hopes to wrap up the sale this year.
- GSI COMMERCE TO BUY ONLINE RETAILER FANATICS
US e-commerce and interactive marketing services provider GSI Commerce (NASDAQ:GSIC) said it had agreed to buy online sports goods retailer Fanatics for some USD277m (EUR202.3m).
- NEWS CORP LOOKS AT UK SHINE GROUP
US News Corp (NASDAQ:NWSA) is looking to buy UK-based TV production company Shine Group.
- US TRUSTILE DOORS TO BUY WOODHARBOR DOORS AND CABINETRY'S DOOR DIVISION
US medium density fiberboard, glass and wood doors manufacturer TruStile Doors said it had agreed to acquire the door unit of Woodharbor Doors and Cabinetry for an undisclosed sum.
- GERMANY REPORTEDLY LOOKING FOR NEW INVESTOR IN EADS
Germany's government is looking for a new private shareholder in European aerospace and defence group EADS (EPA:EAD) in view of the plans of Daimler (ETR:DAI) to divest its stake in the company.
- RIO TINTO EXTENDS TENDER OFFER FOR RIVERSDALE BUY
Anglo-Australian miner Rio Tinto (LON:RIO; ASX:RIO) announced an extension of its AUD3.9bn (USD3.93bn/EUR2.87bn) takeover bid for Australian peer Riversdale (ASX:RIV) until 4 March after Riversdale's second-largest shareholder, Brazilian CSN (SAO:CSNA3), raised its stake to 19.9%.
- GOOGLE, FACEBOOK REPORTEDLY LEAD BUY TALKS WITH TWITTER
Google Inc (NASDAQ:GOOG) and Facebook Inc, among others, are said to have been in "low level" acquisition negotiations with social networking and microblogging service Twitter.
- BAIN CAPITAL, CLAYTON DUBILIER REPORTEDLY STILL BIDDING FOR EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES
Private equity companies Bain Capital and Clayton Dubilier & Rice are still bidding in the auction for US Emergency Medical Services (NYSE:EMS).
- DEUTSCHE BOERSE, NYSE EURONEXT IN ADVANCED MERGER TALKS
Deutsche Boerse (ETR:DB1) and NYSE Euronext (NYSE:NYX, EPA:NYX) unveiled to be in advanced talks about a possible merger that is set to create the world's largest exchange operator by revenues and profit.
- VAN HERK AGREES TO DIVEST CRUCELL'S STAKE TO J&J
Investment company Van Herk said it has decided to sell its shares in Crucell (AMS:CRXL) to US pharmaceutical and healthcare giant Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ) in the frame of J&J's EUR1.75bn (USD2.4bn) takeover offer for the Dutch biotech firm.
- GERMAN EVOTEC TO BUY KINAXO BIOTECHNOLOGIES
German drug discovery and development firm Evotec (ETR:EVT) announced an agreement to buy Munich-based drug discovery alliance company Kinaxo Biotechnologies for EUR3m (USD4.1m) in cash and 2,597,400 shares.
- US IBRANDS SIGNS LOI TO TAKE OVER GALILEO OPTICS
US holding company iBrands Corp (PINK:IBRC), engaged in the provision of consumer online ordering and related technologies for the global restaurant sector, announced it has inked a letter of intent (LoI) to buy Florida-based optical products maker Galileo Optics.
- US HUNT GLOBAL RESOURCES INTENDS TO TAKE CONTROL OF CARBON GREEN
US natural resource firm Hunt Global Resources (OTCBB:HGCO) said it will acquire local tyre recycling company Carbon Green NA, as part of a long-term strategy to grow its position in the marketplace.
- FOREX INTL, LANATECH ENTER LOI TO TAKE UP TO 50% IN UK NEXUS
US online trading platform operator Forex International Trading Corp (OTCBB:FXIT) said that it has signed, together with Lanatech Limited, a letter of intent (LoI) to buy a combined stake of up to 50% in British regulated investment advisory firm Nexus Capital.
- TOSHIBA SAYS IN TALKS ON URANIUM JV WITH RUSSIA'S TENEX
Japanese conglomerate Toshiba Corp (TYO:6502) said it is negotiating the set-up of an enriched uranium supply joint venture together with Russian enriched uranium specialist Techsnabexport (TENEX).
- EC REFUSES COMMENT ON DAIMLER SELLING EADS STAKE
The European Commission (EC) said it would not comment on German carmaker Daimler (ETR:DAI) selling its 15% in European aerospace and defence group EADS (EPA:EAD).
- NIEUWE STEEN KEEPS OPEN ALTERNATIVES TO VASTNED MERGER
Dutch real-estate firm Nieuwe Steen Investments NV (AMS:NISTI), or NSI, is exploring various options to scale up its operations, including a merger with sector player VastNed Offices/Industrial NV (AMS:VNOI).
- AXA PRIVATE EQUITY, PERMIRA REPORTEDLY TO BUY AMADEUS' OPODO FOR EUR500M
Private equity firms AXA Private Equity and Permira are expected to reach an agreement to acquire Opodo, the online travel business of Spanish Amadeus (MCE:AMS) for nearly EUR500m (USD683m).
- LACTALIS REPORTEDLY BACK IN RACE FOR PAI'S YOPLAIT STAKE
French dairy group Lactalis has placed a new offer to acquire buyout firm PAI Partnersa[euro](tm) 50% in yoghurt maker Yoplait, after its initial EUR1.4bn (USD1.91bn) bid for the whole of Yoplait was turned down last year.
- TOTAL REPORTEDLY PLANNING TO SELL MORE SPECIALTY CHEMICALS ASSETS
French oil and gas group Total (EPA:FP) is looking to dispose of more specialty chemicals operations, with Belgian Solvay (EBR:SOLB) a possible bidder.
- MAN DIESEL & TURBO TO SEEK ACQUISITIONS
German industrial group MAN SE (FRA:MAN) is seeking takeover targets in the field of heavy engineering.
- SANOFI CHIEF SAYS TALKS WITH GENZYME MOVING AHEAD
Chris Viehbacher, the head of French Sanofi-Aventis (EPA:SAN), said that negotiations to take over US biotechnology company Genzyme (NASDAQ:GENZ) are advancing and all options remain open.
- GERMAN VOSSLOH TO LOOK FOR TAKEOVERS IN BRAZIL
German rail technology manufacturer Vossloh AG (ETR:VOS) is looking for takeovers in Brazil.
- US REAL-ESTATE FIRM ST. JOE WEIGHS SALE
US real-estate development company St. Joe (NYSE:JOE) said it is exploring various options for its future, including a possible sale.
- US ROCKWOOD NATIONAL TO BUY GULFSTREAM PROCESSING
US real estate company Rockwood National Corp (PINK:RNTL) said it will take over local residential foreclosure processing business Gulfstream Processing in a deal worth at least USD1m (EUR732,332).
- UK LIKELY TO SELL LLOYDS BANK, RBS STAKES IN SEVERAL TRANCHES
The UK may dispose of its stakes in lenders Lloyds Banking Group (LON:LLOY) and Royal Bank of Scotland (LON:RBS) in a number of tranches, Nicholas Macpherson, permanent treasury secretary, told the parliament.
- CAROUSEL INTENDS TO ACQUIRE OMNIPRESENCE
US technology solutions provider Carousel Industries unveiled a letter of intent (LoI) to purchase Massachusetts-based audio-video and visual collaboration services firm OmniPresence.
- FRENCH PRODWARE TO BUY INTO DUTCH SOFTWARE FIRM QUIRIUS
Qurius NV (AMS:QRIUS) said it will issue 11.3m new shares to French IT solutions provider Prodware (EPA:ALPRO), giving it a stake of some 10% in the Dutch software developer.
- CEO SAYS ARCELORMITTAL S AFRICA EYES MINING BUYS
The South African unit of global steelmaker ArcelorMittal (AMS:MT) is targeting acquisitions in the mining sector rather than steel operations, ArcelorMittal South Africaa[euro](tm)s (JNB:ACL) chief, Nonkululeko Nyembezi-Heita, told reporters.
- INFOTECH ENTERPRISES SAYS IN TALKS TO BUY EUROPEAN AEROSPACE FIRM
Indian engineering software maker Infotech Enterprises (BOM:532175) said it is talking with three or four European aerospace services firms and hopes to make an acquisition worth some USD20m (EUR15m) later in 2011.
- GERMAN DAIMLER SAID TO OFFLOAD EADS STAKE IN 2011
German carmaker Daimler (ETR:DAI) could dispose of its 15% stake in European aerospace and defence group EADS (EPA:EAD) in the course of the year.
- PRYSMIAN TO GO AHEAD WITH DRAKA TAKEOVER
Italian cable maker Prysmian (BIT:PRY) said it would proceed with its planned acquisition of Dutch sector player Draka Holding (AMS:DRAK) after it had secured more than 90% of the company's shares.
- CEO SAYS PEKAO INTERESTED IN BANK MILLENNIUM
Polish lender Pekao (WAR:PEO) will look into buying Bank Millennium (WAR:MIL) if its Portuguese parent Millennium bcp (ELI:BCP) offers it for sale, Alicja Kornasiewicz, Pekaoa[euro](tm)s chief executive, said.
- ARCELORMITTAL, NUNAVUT SECURE OVER 90% OF BAFFINLAND SHARES
Steel giant ArcelorMittal (AMS:MT) and Nunavut Iron Ore Acquisition said they had acquired more than 90% of the shares in Baffinland (TSE:BIM), as part of the joint CAD1.50 (USD1.52/EUR1.11) per share bid for the Canadian miner.
- WARBURG PINCUS, VESTAR CAPITAL CLOSE TO BUYING TRITON CONTAINER
Private equity firms Warburg Pincus and Vestar Capital Partners are close to acquiring US family-owned container leasing company Triton Container for some USD1bn (EUR734m).
- GOLDEN GATE PRIVATE EQUITY MAKES RIVAL BID FOR CONEXANT SYSTEMS
US semiconductor solutions supplier Conexant (NASDAQ:CNXT) said it had received a counter takeover bid from Golden Gate Private Equity after it agreed last month to be bought by rival Standard Microsystems (NASDAQ:SMSC) in a cash-and-stock deal worth some USD200m (EUR146.8m).
- SOLAR ACQUISITION, GLOBAL NATURAL ENERGY TO JOIN FORCES IN ALGAE-BASED BIODIESEL PRODUCTION
US renewable energy technology firm Solar Acquisition (OTC:SLRX) and algae-tech company Global Natural Energy Cyprus, or GNE, said they have signed a memorandum of understanding to form an algae-based biodiesel joint venture.
- SBERBANK LOOKING AT VOLKSBANKEN'S VBI ARM
Russian lender Sberbank (MCX:SBER03), along with two other unnamed sides, is targeting the VBI eastern European unit of Austrian sector player Oesterreichische Volksbanken (WBAG:VBPS).
- SLOVENIAN LUKA KOPER EXTENDS INTEREUROPA STAKE SALE UNTIL END-MAR
Slovenian port operator Luka Koper (LJE:LKPG) announced an extension of its auction for the sale of a 24.8% interest in logistics company Intereuropa (LJE:IEKG) until 31 March.
- UHS TO PAY USD8.46 P/S FOR EMERGENT, PRI MEDICAL
US medical equipment management and service solutions firm Universal Hospital Services (UHS) has agreed to acquire Emergent Group (AMEX:LZR) and its surgical equipment and laser technology unit PRI Medical Technologies for USD8.46 per share (EUR6.24) via a cash tender offer.
- SANTANDER PLACES EUR4.3BN BUYOUT OFFER FOR POLISH BANK ZACHODNI
Spanish commercial bank Santander (MCE:SAN) has made a PLN16.6bn (USD5.8bn/EUR4.3bn) takeover bid for the remaining minority shares in Polish Bank Zachodni WBK (WAR:BZW), lead-manager Bank Handlowy (WAR:BHW) said.
- ACHILLES NETHERLANDS EXTENDS BRIT INSURANCE OFFER UNTIL 12 FEB
Achilles Netherlands, a company set up by Apollo Management and CVC Capital, said it had pushed until 12 February the acceptance period for its cash GBP888m (USD1.43bn/EUR1.05bn) takeover bid for UK insurer Brit Insurance (LON:BRE).
- UMECO SAYS IN NON-EXCLUSIVE TALKS TO SELL PATTONAIR CHAIN
British aerospace materials and services provider Umeco (LON:UMC) confirmed it was in non-exclusive talks to sell its supply chain unit Pattonair, without giving details.
- GENERALI, TPG TO BUY INTO RUSSIA'S VTB BANK
Italian insurer Generali (BIT:G) and US private equity firm TPG Capital have approached Russian VTB bank (MCX:VTBR) with proposals to invest in its secondary share placement.
- Q-MED DENIES TALKS WITH RIVAL BIDDERS
Swedish Q-Med AB (STO:QMED) dismissed media reports saying the biotech company had been in talks with rival bidders.
- BELGIAN H ESSERS SIGNS LOI TO BUY HESSENATIE LOGISTICS
Belgian family-owned transport and logistics firm H Essers has signed a letter of intent to buy sector player Hessenatie Logistics from Belgian maritime group CMB (EBR:CMB), the vendor said.
- FRENCH OFI CONSIDERS DIVESTMENT OF FINANCIERE DE SIAM
French OFI Private Equity Capital SCA (EPA:OPEC) is mulling over the divestment of its sealing unit Financiere de Siam by the end of 2011.
- TOWERBROOK CAPITAL MULLS OVER SELLING SHOEMAKER JIMMY CHOO
Private equity firm TowerBrook Capital may decide to sell UK shoemaker Jimmy Choo following a strategic review of the business.
- UK REXAM REPORTEDLY PLANNING DIVESTMENT OF LIDS MAKING UNIT
UK can producer Rexam (LON:REX) has contacted Barclays Capital in order to divest its lids making unit in a transaction valued around GBP200m (USD323m/EUR237m).
- TIME WARNER REPORTEDLY WEIGHS PARTIAL SALE OF UK IPC MEDIA
US cable TV company Time Warner Cable (NYSE:TWC) is looking to partly sell its British IPC Media magazine unit.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||M & A Navigator|
|Article Type:||Company overview|
|Date:||Feb 10, 2011|
|Previous Article:||Swedish MTG targets ProSiebenSat.1's Scandinavian assets.|
|Next Article:||ADG Acquisition buys AFO Imaging.|