Printer Friendly

Lunch tragedy.

A man choked to death after food from his lunch obstructed his airways, an inquest was told.

Bachelor Eric Dodd, 52, started retching as he had his lunch at his home in Keele Drive, Cramlington.

Efforts were made to help him and he was taken by ambulance to Wansbeck General Hospital but he was pronounced dead.

North Northumberland coroner Ian McCreath recorded a verdict of accidental death after hearing a medical report which said cause of death was choking due to inhalation of food.

The report said the choking was due to food causing an obstruction to the right and left main bronchi and lower trachea.
COPYRIGHT 2004 MGN Ltd.
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2004 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Evening Chronicle (Newcastle, England)
Date:Oct 15, 2004
Words:106
Previous Article:Conmen hitting old folk warning.
Next Article:Mast is refused.


Related Articles
Cricket: Ben death puts Test in focus.
Boy dies in school bust-up.
Jenny is Scared!
When my relatives thought I died in a tsunami.. I knew that I had to get a job in TV; TV NEWS GIRL LAURA TELLS HOW DISASTER CHANGED HER LIFE.
When my relatives thought I died in a tsunami.. I knew that I had to get a job in TV; TV NEWS GIRL LAURA TELLS HOW DISASTER CHANGED HER LIFE: Rising...
Miscarriage drove 'depressed' Lily Allen to psychiatric clinic.

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2019 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters