Love's labor. (Quiz).
1. What body part is depicted in the earliest known pictorial engravings ?
2. According to the ancient Egyptians, a vein runs directly from the heart to what finger of what hand?
3. For what purpose do the women in Aristophanes' play Lysistrata deny their partners sex?
4. What poet was banished from Rome for writing a textbook on adultery called The Art of Love?
5. Exposure to Eastern poetry during what military campaign inspired the first romantic European troubadour in the twelfth century?
6. Ulrich von Lichtenstein's thirteenth-century autobiographical work, Frauendienst (Service of Ladies), later inspired what Spanish picaresque novel?
7. What nineteeth-century French novelist wrote "`Faith' in the language of heaven is `Love' in the language of men"?
8. What twentieth-century mogul declared, "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known"?
9. What did Sigmund Freud glimpse on a train in childhood that contributed to his theory of the Oedipus Complex?
10. What country's crown jewels did Catherine de Medicis recover from her husband's mistress after he had given them to her as a gift?
11. The last king of what country was given his position by his former lover, Russia's Catherine the Great?
12. What Macedonian king ascended the throne after his father was killed by a jealous lover?
13. What medieval Christian leader wrote, "Thus even Christ, who was so righteous, must have been guilty of fornication before he died"?
14. What became of Attila the Hun after he sustained a nosebleed on his wedding night?