Printer Friendly

Loo hell gran in cash wait.

A SCOTS gran badly burned by acid on a hotel toilet seat is still waiting for compensation two years later.

Jean Singh, 58, from Paisley, won pounds 30,000 damages against the Melton Hotel in Leicester. Licensee Jarnail Sanghera says he has no money but is still trading.

Mrs Singh was burnt on her legs and body by concentrated sulphuric acid. She is still in pain and suffers depression.

Sanghera's son Steve said: "We are taking legal advice on how to pay but it may take some time."
COPYRIGHT 2000 Scottish Daily Record & Sunday
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2000 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Daily Record (Glasgow, Scotland)
Date:Jun 10, 2000
Words:88
Previous Article:Coming off drug could be risky.
Next Article:Double death shock for school.


Related Articles
Mega Mirror: 2 GOOD FOR WORDS.
END OF OUR NIGHTMARE.
Keep up with the Record while you're on holiday.
Now I've got the world at my feet; Elaine is hol right now.
Tim Cowan: Russell up a few quid for ace Bob.
Kaye Adams: Telling porkies; BEFORE YOU TUCK INTO THE LATEST ATKINS FAD,HAVE A READ OF THIS...
OUR BABY OF HOPE; Heart tot op delight for estate from hell.
Randy couple gets stuck in loo after sneaking off for sex!

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2019 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters