Printer Friendly

Libyan suspects are hours from handover.

THE two Libyans suspected of the Lockerbie bombing could be handed over within hours, it was revealed yesterday.

Libya agreed last month to extradite the two men by April 6 for trial in the Netherlands under Scottish law and by a Scottish court.

But a London-based Arab newspaper said Abdel al-Megrahi and Lamen Fhimah would be handed over before the deadline.

The United States and Britain say they have convincing evidence that the pair planted a bomb that blew up Pan Am Flight 103, killing 270.

UN sources said yesterday Hans Corell, the envoy expected to go to Libya for the handover, would leave New York later in the day.
COPYRIGHT 1999 Scottish Daily Record & Sunday
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 1999 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Daily Record (Glasgow, Scotland)
Date:Apr 2, 1999
Words:110
Previous Article:GREGORY'S FLOP FEAR; Star's worry over sequel to 80s hit.
Next Article:TRAGEDY KIRK FACES CLOSURE IN CASH CRISIS; UNDER THREAT: pounds 35,000 NEEDED TO SAVE LOCKERBIE CHURCH.


Related Articles
Lockerbie suspects get their passports.
NELSON'S VICTORY; Mandela wins Lockerbie handover.
Legal team fly in for Lockerbie handover.
LOCKERBIE PAIR 'ON WAY'.

Terms of use | Copyright © 2017 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters