Printer Friendly

Letter: YourSay - We love our staff Aussies right.

Byline: Andrew Morris

IT'S always disappointing to come across inaccurate accounts of the NEC such as the one offered by Peter Davis's letter 'Invest in NEC staff '(Mail, August 14).

It's disappointing mostly for our loyal band of employees, the vast majority of whom are fiercely proud to work at the NEC and in whom we are indeed currently making a massive investment.

The NEC Group values its employees. We would be little more than a collection of sheds without them and it is only with their support that we are able to bring 4.5 million people together every year to learn, to do business or to simply have a great day out.

And it's because of these 4.5 million visitors that we need to keep investing in the NEC too - something for which Mr Davis rather oddly believes we 'need our heads testing'.

As a matter of fact our staff turnover figure is 12.5 per cent - a little under the recommended national average.

That means 87.5 per cent of our employees are seasoned pro's for whom nothing is too much trouble - and the other 12.5 per cent are wide-eyed first timers, brimming with enthusiasm. What an amazing team.

Andrew Morris, Chief executive, NEC Group
COPYRIGHT 2006 Birmingham Post & Mail Ltd
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2006 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Title Annotation:Letters
Publication:Birmingham Mail (England)
Geographic Code:4EUUK
Date:Aug 21, 2006
Words:210
Previous Article:Letter: YourSay - Blues ay got no 'A's.
Next Article:Letter: YourSay - Aussies right.

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2019 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters